-10%

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Worst Product Ever?

Aug 15, 2010
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:The empty box was useful.

Cons:Dangerous, horrible product, wasted money.

The Bottom Line: If you bought this recently, take it back. Run, don't walk! If you are thinking about buying one, stop. It is dangerous, don't risk your home or your family.

I bought the Emerson MW8991SB 900 watt microwave at Walmart, thinking that it was pretty and that Emerson was a good company, so it would last (I am a mother of four and had to scramble to come up with the money for a new microwave unexpectedly when my old one died after over a decade of use). After less than a year, it started getting hot. And I mean REALLY hot. It was a burn hazard. But it was too late to do anything about, and I thought maybe it was just because it was more powerful than my old one. Well, tonight it got hotter than ever, then quit. Just like that. It was the most expensive microwave in the store, and I expected it to last at least a couple of years. Now I have to come up with money for another microwave...it definately won't be an Emerson! I would at least have some respect for Emerson if they had recalled this dangerous appliance. How long before a kid home alone uses it to heat up a snack, and it catches fire? This microwave will end up killing someone. I guess I am luckier than some--mine didn't catch fire. It was a waste of money I could not afford to waste.

Emerson 0.9 CU. FT., 900 WATT TOUCH-CONTROL STAINLESS STEEL MICROWAVE OVENMicrowave Power Output: 900 Watts 0.9 Cubic Feet of Cooking Space Stainless ...