Endless Vacation Magazine

Endless Ways to Enjoy Your Vacation

Feb 10, 2006

Pros:Personal; Features many lesser- known vacation gems

Cons:High cost if you're not an RCI member; Some parts not useful to non- members

The Bottom Line: This is a very good vacation magazine with nice stories, enticing pictures, and endless variety.

I enjoy reading travel related magazines. I have subscriptions to several of them and they rank with financial and news publications as my favorite monthly reading material. One travel mag that I get as part of a travel membership club I belong to is Endless Vacation, the magazine publication designed for members of Resort Condominiums International.

Features of This Magazine:

This magazine ranges between eighty and one- hundred twenty pages in length and contains the following departments:

From Editor’s Desk- Jackson Mahaney, the Editor in Chief, composes this opener to each issue.

Contributors- This is a listing of individuals who contributed to the current issue.

Open Exchange- Here, you will find letters to the editor with comments about the last issue.

360 Degrees- This is a large, two page picture of a person or persons standing in a picturesque part of the world with a brief explanation of what is taking place.

Ready, Set, Go- Travel merchandise for sale, trivia facts, statistics, and quick news pieces about different travel spots are featured in this section.

Family Vacationing- This section gives an overview of some of the common activities that families enjoy when on vacation.

Healthy Traveler- This department deals with places and topics where sanitation and other related health concerns are often discussed.

Weekender- A specific location- usually one that is lesser known- is highlighted here, complete with phone numbers, resorts, web sites, and other contact information to plan your getaway.

Value Travel- This section of the magazine centers on a few places of interest to travelers with some tips on low- cost entertainment.

Destinations- A single vacation spot is focused on here, with web sites and other contact information to plan a longer (week or more) trip.

One Last Stop- Found at the end of each issue, this one page closer features a celebrity who talks about one of his/her favorite places to travel.

These departments make up a good portion of each issue, but there are always some unique featured articles each month. About five or six of these featured articles can be found in each issue.

Cost to Subscribe:

Endless Vacation is included in the cost of one’s RCI membership dues so if you are already a member of RCI, then you are receiving this magazine right now at no extra cost. If you are not an RCI member and want to subscribe to this magazine, it will cost you quite a bit of cash. The going rate for non- members currently stands at $89 per year for six bi- monthly issues. This works out to a cost of $14.83 per copy (!), making Endless Vacation one of the most expensive magazines on the market.

Customer Service:

If you want to know more about this magazine, the place to check first is the web site, rci.com. From the home page, you need to click the link for “member benefits and services” and then click on “Endless Vacation Magazine”. The next page will tell you some facts about the magazine, including samples from the latest issue and some upcoming stories from the next issue. But there isn’t much else to be found here. If you need a specific question answered, you will likely need to call RCI directly at 800-338-7777.

Final Thoughts:

Endless Vacation is a magazine I have been reading for many years. I first became acquainted with this magazine several years back when I purchased a timeshare for the first time. I was given instant membership in RCI and with this membership I received my first copy of Endless Vacation. I have been reading it ever since (about six total years) and I have found something enjoyable in most every issue.

This magazine has more monthly departments than most other publications and these departments make up the majority of each issue. I usually turn to “Ready, Set, Go” first, to find out the latest travel news and to see a preview of the latest travel products. I then turn to “Weekender” and “Destinations” to read about specific places to visit before I settle in and slowly flip through the remaining pages of the issue.

RCI is a worldwide operation and because of this, the articles can highlight virtually anyplace on the globe, and that includes popular as well as less popular destinations. What I like about this magazine is that, even though it is a publication for people who are RCI members (which means they generally stay in resorts), it still ventures outside of this comfort zone when it comes to articles. It is common to find articles that have nothing to do with resort vacationing, like safaris, cruises, hiking, etc. This surprised me when I first started to read this magazine. I assumed it would be nothing more than pages of articles about specific resort destinations and advertisements for properties for renting. In reality, these types of articles make up a very low percentage of this magazine. Most of it is dedicated to adventure travel and general articles about things to do and ways to make the most of your vacation.

Another pleasant surprise with this magazine is its ability to find some unusual yet interesting places to visit. This is especially true in the “Weekender” section where one can find a generally unheard of destination that has something unique to offer. The most recent issue, for example, has a few pages on the small town of Helen, Georgia- a city that looks like a small German village. These articles are fun because they focus on places that most people- even the most seasoned world travelers- have likely never heard about.

Because this magazine is intended for members, it is common to find a special insert section with information on newly added resorts to the RCI family and highlights on specific vacation regions. These can be popular and unpopular places and they typically change each month. One month, the spotlight might be on Hawaii, Iowa, Europe, and California. The next month, it might be Florida, South Dakota, Mexico, and other places.

Advertisements are not as common in this magazine as I first expected. They cover only about 40 percent of the pages- not a bad number considering this is a travel magazines. Many of the ads highlight special offers intended for RCI members only, so don’t be disappointed if you get your hands on an issue, come across a great deal, and discover you cannot take advantage of it unless you join RCI.

Travel will always be one of my favorite activities and Endless Vacation Magazine will always rank high among my list of favorite travel publications. It seeks out the well- known and the obscure in the world of travel, with articles that are written from an informative yet personal angle.

Vacation in the Wild (I Can Read. Level 2)

Vacation in the Wild (I Can Read. Level 2)

When Blu and Jewel take the kids on vacation to the Amazon, they see how Jewel lived in the wild, but soon Blu misses the comforts of home.
Vacation eBook

Vacation eBook

Buy Vacation by Stown,Sandy and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 Million Titles, Includin...
Kobo eBooks

Summer Vacation, Grade 2 Activity Book

Summer Vacation, Grade 2 Activity Book

Bargain Hunter Find (Try) Summer Vacation, Grade 2 Activity Book Creative Learning Product Details Title : Summer Vacation, Grade 2 Activity Book Auth...

Vacation - Style THE OCEAN IS FREEDOM Chevron Raffia Turquoise / Natural 54 x 4

Vacation - Style THE OCEAN IS FREEDOM Chevron Raffia Turquoise / Natural 54 x 4

The Vacation-Style Raffia is here to create the recreation / leisure mood by creating an atmosphere that reminds you of somewhere far far the city, fa...
eFavormart

Vacation in the Wild

Endless Vacation Tee

Endless Vacation Tee

Does the workweek have you yearning for fantastical voyages and daring adventure? Satisfy your desire for fearless exploration by wearing this audacio...

Vacation Man eBook

Vacation Man eBook

Buy Vacation Man by Frank Scully and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 Million Titles, Inc...
Kobo eBooks

Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell

Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell

Free Delivery Worldwide : Assassination Vacation : Paperback : Simon & Schuster Ltd : 9780743260046 : 074326004X : 18 Apr 2006 : ASSASSINATION VACATIO...
BookDepository.com

National Geographic 100 Best Volunteer Vacations to Enrich Your Life

National Geographic 100 Best Volunteer Vacations to Enrich Your Life

More and more people are combining vacations with volunteer work the growing phenomenon called voluntourism. And nobody provides such a fun, inviting ...
National Geographic