Enfamil Prosobee

Enfamil ProSobee: An Excellent Choice In Soy

Oct 8, 2002

Pros:Soy Based, Lactose & Milk Free, No Table Sugar, Easy To Find

Cons:N/A

The Bottom Line: An excellent soy based formula for babies with common feeding problems and even lactose intolerance.

When my youngest daughter was a mere 8 days old she began suffering from severe diarrhea. At the time she was diagnosed as having a virus. When the diarrhea persisted her pediatrician recommended we try a soy formula. We have since found out that she had neither a gastrointestinal virus or the protein allergy she was later diagnosed with. Much to our shock and dismay she was actually suffering from salmonella. Through the last three months we have tried nearly every formula on the market. We used two soy formulas; Similac Isomil and Enfamil ProSobee.

~*~Cost~*~

Enfamil ProSobee comes in several formula forms. We purchased the 1 QT/946 mL ready to feed cans at our local Wal-Mart for $4.77. The 14.3 OZ and 28.5 OZ cans of powder are available as well as the 13 FL OZ concentrated liquid cans. The smaller can of powder runs for about $12.83 while the larger can runs about $22.87. The concentrated cans run for about $3.00 each. Enfamil ProSobee can be found at discount stores such as Wal-Mart, Target and K-Mart as well as grocery stores and drug stores, varying in price. Expect to pay more at grocery and drug stores.

~*~Product Information~*~

Enfamil ProSobee uses corn syrup solids instead of lactose as its carbohydrate source and uses soy protein instead of milk protein making this an iron fortified formula that is milk and lactose free. Enfamil ProSobee can be beneficial to babies with common feeding problems such as gas, spit up and fussiness. Babies who have a lactose intolerance can benefit from this formula as well. Enfamil ProSobee contains no table sugars.

Enfamil ProSobee has a four oil fat blend and fatty acid profile that was designed to mimic breast milk.

Enfamil color codes each variety of formula to make identifying each easier. Enfamil ProSobee is color coded in light blue. As I mentioned earlier, Enfamil ProSobee is available in ready to feed, powder and concentrated liquid forms.

What Enfamil Has To Say

" Like all of the members of the Enfamil Family of Formulas™, ProSobee is nutritionally balanced and complete —and it is an appropriate alternative to breast milk for baby's first full year."

Ingredients:

Water, Corn Syrup Solids, Vegetable Oil, (Palm Olein, Soy, Coconut and High Oleic Sunflower Oils), Soy Protein Isolate, Less Than 1% Soy Lecithin, Mono - and Diglycerides, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin K1, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Niacinamide, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sodium Ascorbate, Choline Chloride, Inositol, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Sodium Iodide, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Hydroxide, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Selente, L-Methionine, Taurine, L-Carnitine

Nutrients:

Protein - 2.5g, Fat - 5.3g, Carbohydrate - 10.6g, Water - 134g, Linoleic Acid - 860mg

Vitamins:

Vitamin A - 300IU, Vitamin D - 60IU, Vitamin E - 2IU, Vitamin K - 8IU, Vitamin B1 - 80, Vitamin B2 - 90, Vitamin B6 - 60, Vitamin B12 - 0.3, Niacin - 1000, Folic Acid - 16, Pantothenic Acid - 500, Biotin - 3, Vitamin C - 12mg, Choline - 12mg, Inositol - 6mg

Minerals:

Calcium - 105mg, Phosphorus - 83mg, Magnesium - 11mg, Iron - 1.8mg, Zinc - 1.2mg, Manganese - 25, Copper - 75, Iodine - 15, Selenium - 2.8, Sodium - 36mg, Potassium - 120mg, Chloride - 80mg

Mixing

Since we used the ready to feed version of Enfamil ProSobee there was no mixing necessary on our part. The powder form mixes just like other powdered formulas:

2 OZ water - 1 scoop
4 OZ water - 2 scoops
6 OZ water - 3 scoops
8 OZ water - 4 scoops

The concentrated liquid cans require water and you simply mix equal parts water to equal parts formula.

Once prepared, formula should be used immediately or refrigerated. Use refrigerated formula within 48 hours. The cans of powder should be used within a one month period.

~*~Our Experience~*~

Our daughter actually did okay on soy based formulas. However, she was switched because of the persistent diarrhea. Unfortunately, we as well as our former pediatrician, were clueless as to what was really going on. Had we caught the salmonella in time, the problems may have never occurred.

We were originally using Similac Isomil, but when I sent my husband to the store for more formula he came home with Enfamil ProSobee. How he got the two confused is beyond me! See, that's why they color code the things...now if only I could get him to pay attention!

Enfamil ProSobee is pretty much like other iron fortified formulas in that it's mixed the same, and has the same benefits of iron. However, since it isn't milk based it's gentler on a baby's tummy. I did note that the smell of this formula is much stronger than other iron fortified formulas we have used. The color is also darker. When mixed, Enfamil ProSobee actually has less bubbles, meaning less gas for baby!

We loved the ready to feed variety of Enfamil ProSobee. It was a cinch to prepare, just pour and serve! Despite the strong smell, my daughter didn't balk at the taste.

This was a good formula and one that my daughter was actually able to keep down. Had the diarrhea not persisted, we most likely wouldn't have switched. We noticed less spit up and gas when using Enfamil ProSobee.

~*~Overall Opinion~*~

I would definitely recommend Enfamil ProSobee. This is an excellent soy based formula for babies with common feeding problems and even lactose intolerance.

Enfamil Prosobee (Soy) Formula for Fussiness and Gas - Powder - 12.9 oz Can

Enfamil Prosobee (Soy) Formula for Fussiness and Gas - Powder - 12.9 oz Can

Enfamil - Prosobee Soy Infant Formula is made with plant-based proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It features triple health guard for growth, brain and...

NEW LOOK! Enfamil ProSobee (Soy) Formula for Fussiness and Gas - Ready to Use - 32 oz cans (Pack of 6)

Give your child a winning start with the Enfamil Ready to Feed Infant Formula. The ProSobee Enfamil Infant Formula is a soy protein formula and is rel...

Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Soy Infant Formula Iron Fortified Powder 12.9 Oz (366

Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Soy Infant Formula Iron Fortified Powder 12.9 Oz (366

The Lotoons Store NEW Enfamil ProSobee Lipil Soy Infant Formula Iron Fortified Powder 12.9 oz (366 g) 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING F...

Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Formula Powder Soy 12.90 Oz

Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Formula Powder Soy 12.90 Oz (pack Of 6)

Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Formula Powder Soy 12.90 Oz (pack Of 6)

Heading The good nutrition behind great kids. Purpose Infant Formula Manufacturer Mead Johnson Active Ingredients Per 100 Calories (5 Fl Oz): Protein ...

Enfamil Prosobee Powder 22 Ounce

Enfamil Prosobee Powder 22 Ounce

Enfamil ProSobee for Sensitive Tummy Soy Infant Powder Formula is soybased, milkfree formula for when a soy formula is preferred. No other soy formula...
Toys R Us

Enfamil Prosobee Powder - 22 Ounce

Enfamil Prosobee Powder - 22 Ounce

Enfamil ProSobee for Sensitive Tummy Soy Infant Powder Formula is soy-based, milk-free formula for when a soy formula is preferred. No other soy formu...
Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Formula Powder Soy 12.90 Oz (pack Of 12)

Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Formula Powder Soy 12.90 Oz (pack Of 12)

Enfamil Prosobee Ready to Use Bottle 8oz - 6 count

Enfamil Prosobee Ready to Use Bottle 8oz - 6 count

Find baby formula and supplements at Target.com! Enfamil prosobee ready to use bottle 8oz - 6 count