England's Stove Works, Inc. 2,200 Sq. Ft. Satin Deluxe Design Pellet Burning Stove Reviews

Wow, Am I Hot... Thanks To My Englander Pellet Stove

Dec 4, 2007 (Updated Jan 8, 2008)

Pros:Looks nice and really cranks out the heat.

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: I like the way it looks, heats, and it is saving money on my heating bill.

Early last spring, I was wandering through my local Home Depot store when I spied the Englander Stove Works 2200 Sq. Ft. Satin Deluxe Design Pellet Burning Stove. It was on sale at a great price, and the fact that I had heard nothing but good things about pellet stoves, I decided to break out my credit card and purchase it immediately as this was the last one that they had in stock. I've seen this Englander pellet stove sell for more than $1800. I got lucky last year when I picked it up at Home Depot at the end of the heating season for half-price, about $875.

This pellet stove made by England's Stove Works is a nice looking black colored unit that features brass trim which I think makes it look pretty nice as it sits in the corner at my house. It stands about 30"h x 28 1/2"w x 20"d and weighs about 375 pounds, so you'll definitely need some help getting this thing back home from the store. England's Stove Works sells the exact same stove under three different brand names. The Englander model 25-PDV, Summers Heat model 55-SHP22, and the Timber Ridge model 55-trp22. The brand I purchased was the Englander 25 - PDV.

This stove features a nice sized 8 1/2" square glass fire viewing window with brass trim, brass louvers, an easy to use control panel, built in blower, a 2200 sq.ft. heating capacity, an automatic ignition system, and it is even EPA certified. The brass louvers located on the front stove help to add a nice look to it, but I wish you are able to move them from side to side to help direct the heat in different directions.

The control panel located on the right side of the pellet stove has two LED readouts to indicate the heat range and blower speed. The up and down arrow buttons on the control pad allow you change the settings of the heat and blower. These settings range from 1-9 with one being the lowest. By increasing the heat range, this stove will consume more pellets and burn at a higher temperature, while increasing the blower speed allows you to blow out more hot air. The blower on the pellet stove does make a little bit of noise and if you're trying to watch TV in the same room that the stove is in, you may have to turn it up a little bit. By no means though do I find that it is extremely loud. Also located on the control panel are the on and off buttons for the stove. The low fuel feed, low burn air, and air on temp. buttons at the bottom of the control panel are factory set and probably shouldn't be messed around with.

A pellet stove produces heat by burning wood pellets. The pellets which are made of compressed sawdust are about the width of a pencil and anywhere from 1/2 to 2 inches long and sold in bags that are 40 pounds each. The pellets go into the stove hopper that holds the pellets by opening up the two latches located on top of the pellet stove. The hopper on the stove holds approximately 60 pounds of pellets, (a bag and a half) and a full hopper has allowed me to burn my stove anywhere from 16 to 26 hours before I had to refill it.

Lighting the stove is easy, as all you have to do is press the "on" button and you are on your way to cranking out some serious heat. After you hit the on button, there are two corkscrew type augers that start moving your pellets from the hopper to the burning area (or burn pot) on the pellet stove. Right next to the burn pot there is an igniter that will glow red hot and automatically get your pellets burning for you. Shortly after the pellets start burning,(a couple of minutes) the blower will kick in and start blowing out the hot air from holes located above the stove door, as well as from the louvers on the front corners.

Pressing the off button, obviously will turn the stove off. This stops the augers from feeding pellets to the burning pot which eventually causes the fire to burn out. The blower will still keep operating until the stove reaches a temperature of 90° before it shuts itself off. This helps cool off the stove. I've noticed that when I turn off my stove the blower will run for least a half an hour before it shuts itself off.

There is some maintenance required with his pellet stove. The maintenance pretty much includes opening the door on the front of the stove and cleaning out the ashes from the burnt pellets. Burning pellets creates very little ash when compared to a log burning wood stove and it is recommended that you do this twice a week. You can scoop them out or use a vacuum. If you use a vacuum, make sure that you wait a few hours at least or a hot ash could easily start a fire in your vacuum cleaner. The manufacturer recommends scooping the ashes out and placing them in a noncombustible container with an airtight lid to be on the safe side.

This pellet stove also requires that it be vented to the outside of your house. You can purchase the vent kit probably at the same place that you bought the stove and possibly install it yourself if you are somewhat handy when it comes to putting holes in your wall. The stove also requires air coming in from the outside of the house from a small 2 inch hole. An outside air kit was included with my stove when I purchased it.

Floor protection is also required for this pellet stove. The minimum size floor protector for this unit is 36" x 36". I found one at a local hardware store for about $25

Placement of the pellet stove is something that you should give careful thought to. This pellet stove puts out a lot of heat, you probably wouldn't want to put it in a living room that you spend a lot of time in, as it may cook you right out of the place! The stove runs on regular household current, so any regular outlet will do. The cord is pretty short though (about 4 ft.) so you'll need an outlet nearby or you'll have to run an extension.

The stove has saved me some money so far. I did some calculations and figured that it was cheaper for me to heat my house with pellets than with natural gas if the temperature was below 45°. Here in Wisconsin there are plenty of days that the temperature is below 45°. If I was heating my house with LP gas or oil (which is more expensive than natural gas) I would be saving even more.

I also had some questions when I was installing the stove, and found the people at England's Stove Works to be very helpful with any question I had. They're very easy to get ahold of by calling the number that's listed in the instruction manual.

Please make sure that you carefully follow the installation instructions for this pellet stove.

I have been happy so far with my experience with the Englander Stove Works 2200 Sq. Ft. Satin Deluxe Design Pellet Burning Stove. This thing really cranks out that heat! The burn pot on it is only about 5 inches square, and with only a small handful of pellets burning at a time it easily heats my 1500 sq. ft. house. Currently as I'm writing this, it is 20° F outside, and 76° F inside. This is with the heat range set at the lowest setting possible (1), and the fan set at 3. When the temperature outside is 35° or above, I have found myself having to turn the stove off on occasion as my house reaches temperatures in the mid-80s!! Now that's hot.

My final thought is that if you're looking for an alternative heat source for your home this winter, the Englander Stove Works 2200 Sq. Ft. Satin Deluxe Design Pellet Burning Stove is a great way to do it.

Thank you for reading my pellet stove review,
hddan

Small Wood Stove Fireplace Blower Epa Certified Indoor 1,100 Sq Ft Maps1100b

Small Wood Stove Fireplace Blower Epa Certified Indoor 1,100 Sq Ft Maps1100b

U.S. Stoves - Model APS1100B United States Stove Wood Stove Small, 1,100 sq. ft., EPA Certified EBC 97155 DS The United States Stove Wood Stove is a g...

Multi-fuel Stove, Pellet Or Corn On Pedestal With Igniter, 2,000 Sq Ft, M6041

Multi-fuel Stove, Pellet Or Corn On Pedestal With Igniter, 2,000 Sq Ft, M6041

U.S. Stoves - Model 6041 United States Stove Multi-Fuel Stove Pellet/Corn, 2,000 sq. ft., EPA Certified EBC 609455 DS First introduced in 2001 as our ...

England Stove Works AC-16 Blower for Wood Burning Stoves

England Stove Works AC-16 Blower for Wood Burning Stoves

2-speed room air blower with 3-position switch (Off, Low, High) Evens heat flow throughout your heating area by circulating warm air over your stove a...
Multi-fuel Stove, Pellet Or Corn On Legs With Igniter, 2,000 Sq Ft, M6041hf

Multi-fuel Stove, Pellet Or Corn On Legs With Igniter, 2,000 Sq Ft, M6041hf

U.S. Stoves - Model 6041HF United States Stove Multi-Fuel Stove Pellet/Corn, 2,000 sq. ft., EPA Certified EBC 601455 DS First introduced in 2001 as ou...

US Stove EPA Certified 1100 Square Foot Pedestal Wood Heater with Blower APS1100B

US Stove APS1100B The 1100B Pedestal wood stove is a great addition to any home. With its simple yet refined design, it blends perfectly with many di...
Wayfair

Wood Stove Epa Certified Indoor Heating Stove Fireplace Blower 2400 Sq Ft M2500

Wood Stove Epa Certified Indoor Heating Stove Fireplace Blower 2400 Sq Ft M2500

U.S. Stoves - Model 2500 United States Stove Wood Stove Large, 2,400 sq. ft., EPA Certified EBC 46455 DS The 2500 wood stove is a large plate steel st...

ENGLAND'S STOVE WORKS ROOM AIR BLOWER FOR STOVES -Mfg# AC-16

ENGLAND'S STOVE WORKS ROOM AIR BLOWER FOR STOVES -Mfg# AC-16

For models FP12 or NC13 free-standing stoves. Variable speed with 3 position switch. Boxed .