Epson CX8400 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

THIS PRINTER IS A RIP OFF

Aug 9, 2008
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Paper Handling:

Pros:It's pretty on the outside.

Cons:Then again, so is a termite-infested house with a fresh coat of paint.

The Bottom Line: The only reason this should enter your home is if the CEO of Epson himself delivers it free of charge to your doorstep with a big, fat bow on top.

Wow. Where to begin. This printer worked for a month before it stopped recognizing ink cartridges, and unfortunately I threw away the receipt so I couldn't count on Epson's warranty. Lucky me. It started to say that it "cannot recognize ink cartridges" and I thought that was odd to say the least. I found that if I removed the offending cartridge and replaced it, the printer would magically recognize it. A pain, but I couldn't return the printer w/o a receipt so I had to make do.

NOW it's saying there are 3 unrecognizable cartridges, one of which is also "empty." This printer is a freaking joke, and Epson is laughing all the way to the bank. I'm furious because it won't print even if I remove the empty cartridge -- I don't need "magenta 69" to print text!

So today I have to go buy a new printer two months after I purchased this one. I basically just rented a printer for $50 a month. I also tried to leave a comment with Epson through their website, but they aren't interested in customer feedback because there is nowhere to do so, and I'm certainly not going to waste my precious time on hold with their automated system. I will never, ever, EVER buy anything from Epson again.

Operating System: Windows

The Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer is fully compatible with PC, Mac systems. This printer connectivity interface: USB 2.0.