Epson Perfection V500 Flatbed Scanner Reviews

Free Shipping PCNation
Free Shipping Office Depot

A really great scanner

Oct 25, 2008

Pros:Inexpensive, Very easy to use!

Cons:Haven't found any yet.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this scanner for any home user. It's easy to use and gives excellent results.

Great Scanner, I have been looking for a scanner that would scan my 35 MM slides and negatives. The Epson 500 is great!! Now I am not a photographer and don't do this very often. I wanted something simple! The Epson 500 is, and it is reasonably priced.

I started with a few slides and then some negatives. It was really easy to figure out how to use this baby. After I finished testing, I went on to my project.

I liked the fact that you can pick where you want your photos to go and how you want to scan them. I used the ICE method which fixes flaws in the film, if there is any. Another reviewer gave me a tip about checking the "all" box just before you scan to make sure all the photos are scanned with ICE.

The scanner is a little slow but I am using it only for this project. Four 35MM slides take about eight minutes. I just have my laptop set up and then let it run when I have time. Not a big deal. The big deal is that I now have pictures from my days in Viet Nam that I can save and look at again. Not that I had much time for taking pictures over there! I am sure I will find more things to do with this scanner.

I looked at what it would cost to have my very small number of slides scanned professionally and this purchase is the least expensive way to go. By small number I am talking about 300 slides.

I have about 1000 35MM negatives that I am going to do next so I will have paid tor this scanner many times over.

I did find other things to scan, like old photos that I didn't have a negative for. I can scan three or four photos at once in like three minutes. So much for my slow coment. I have also now used it for scanning documents. It's fast and accurate using the OCR that comes with it.

I have been using it for a month now and am very happy with the results.

Extraordinary quality for photos and documents. Offering extraordinary quality and versatility, the Epson Perfection V500 Office is the perfect choice...
PCNation