Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Digital Photo Inkjet Printer Reviews

Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Digital Photo Inkjet Printer

Nice unit for large prints

Apr 12, 2009

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Large size print as lower unit price.

Cons:Ink prices are too high.

The Bottom Line: Good for big prints, but the ink is expensive. This is the reason I use my old EPson R380 to handle smaller jobs.

I bought this printer so I can print bigger. I had the Epson R380, but wanted to print larger than 8x10s. I found the 1400 with a rebate for $179. After receiving the unit, I was excited to get to print some projects out from my MAC. To my utter disappointment, the printed colors did not match well with the screen display. I was printing from Photoshop and was so mad when I could not match the colors.
Despite looking through EPSON tech support web pages, I was unable to find the answer. Well thanks to some Google searches, I found out the answer...and boy did I feel dumb. If you are printing from PHotoshop, you need to make sure the print setting in PHotoshop is to have Photoshop manages colors. Then when the actual print settings show up for Epson, turn off VIVID 1.8. Otherwise the Printer will try to adjust the colors. Just set it up so Photoshop handles everything.
Once I figured this out, he printer has become a great purchase. I use Epson paper and the prints are frame-worthy! I would not pay more than $200 for this printer though, so keep an eye out for a good deal

Operating System: Macintosh

Get crisp and clear high-definition borderless prints on the Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer. The nozzles of this Epson Digital Inkjet printer offer u...