Pros: Prints very nice pictures. Good dedicated picture printer.
Cons: Loud, shakes entire desk, jams, popup advertising, no customer support, direct ink purchases.
First - this does print very nice sharp pictures, if you are looking for an EXTRA printer to print some photos and occasionally scan or copy something, this might work well for you. Other wise - do not buy this printer.
1) LOUD. Very loud for a modern printer, particularly the paper handling. Reminded me of the old impact printers for noise level comparison.
2) SHAKES. I have a very sturdy real wood pine desk (It will hold my 250 pounds without any trouble, wobble or complaint), but this printer shakes it like an earthquake. cannot do anything on the desk while it is printing. Computer is on the floor, or I would be worried about this level of vibration ruining a harddrive or worse.
3) JAMS. This was supposed to replace a 5 year old HP6122, but has now become a backup/picture only printer. In the 5 weeks I have had it, it has jammed more times than the HP has in its lifetime, and I haven't even used the two sided printing on the Epson!
4)Annoying Driver. The printer has its own driver popup window that you can't disable. It takes you away from whatever app you are currently working in, and seems to have teh sole purpose of advertising Epson paper and Epson ink.
I have ad blockers on my browsers, and now Epson has decided to add pop up advertising on your desktop. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
5) Ink - normal cartridges run out quickly. High capacity ones are currently only available directly from epson.
6) Lousy customer support. I emailed tech support about the driver and its pop up window. I received an autoreply message on how to change ink cartridges. They were nice enough to include a link back to the original input page so you can try again and get teh same autoreply.