Click to see larger image
Epson Stylus RX680 All-In-One Inkjet Printer
(5 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
Don't do it, unless you keep a second real printer!
Feb 15, 2008
Review by DocSkinner
Rated a Helpful Review
User Rating: Disappointing
Ease of Use:
Pros:Prints very nice pictures. Good dedicated picture printer.
Cons:Loud, shakes entire desk, jams, popup advertising, no customer support, direct ink purchases.
The Bottom Line: DO NOT BUY. Cons far outweigh the low cost for a photo printer with a popup ad for Epson paper and ink EVERY time you print.
First - this does print very nice sharp pictures, if you are looking for an EXTRA printer to print some photos and occasionally scan or copy something, this might work well for you. Other wise - do not buy this printer.
Recommend this product?
1) LOUD. Very loud for a modern printer, particularly the paper handling. Reminded me of the old impact printers for noise level comparison.
2) SHAKES. I have a very sturdy real wood pine desk (It will hold my 250 pounds without any trouble, wobble or complaint), but this printer shakes it like an earthquake. cannot do anything on the desk while it is printing. Computer is on the floor, or I would be worried about this level of vibration ruining a harddrive or worse.
3) JAMS. This was supposed to replace a 5 year old HP6122, but has now become a backup/picture only printer. In the 5 weeks I have had it, it has jammed more times than the HP has in its lifetime, and I haven't even used the two sided printing on the Epson!
4)Annoying Driver. The printer has its own driver popup window that you can't disable. It takes you away from whatever app you are currently working in, and seems to have teh sole purpose of advertising Epson paper and Epson ink.
I have ad blockers on my browsers, and now Epson has decided to add pop up advertising on your desktop. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
5) Ink - normal cartridges run out quickly. High capacity ones are currently only available directly from epson.
6) Lousy customer support. I emailed tech support about the driver and its pop up window. I received an autoreply message on how to change ink cartridges. They were nice enough to include a link back to the original input page so you can try again and get teh same autoreply.
Amount Paid (US$): 125
Operating System: Windows
Share this product review with your friends
Epson Stylus RX600 Digital Photo Inkjet Printer in Manufacturer's Retail Box. BRAND NEW, NOT REFURBISHED (All accessories included) FREE USB CABLE! Pa...
For excellent print quality and ease of use, users can rely on the Epson Stylus Photo RX620. Whether the task involves copying, printing, or scanning,...
Take your creativity to the next level with the Epson RX595 Ultra Hi-Definition photo all-in-one. The 2.5-inch, color LCD and multipurpose card slots ...
Featuring Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink for professional-quality prints up to 13 inches wide, this versatile printer includes large ink car...
Epson Stylus Color 500 Ink Jet Printer Brand new, unopened The Epson Stylus COLOUR 500 is an affordable 720 x 720 dpi high performer that's perfect fo...
Features: Easy Epson Wireless: connect to your wireless network in seconds Epson Connect: get instant wireless printing of photos and attachments righ...
Epson STYLUS NX130 All in One Inkjet Printer Copier Scanner BRAND NEW, NOT REFURBISHED (All Original Accessories w/sealed Epson inks included) FREE US...
The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 was designed without compromise so your visions could be printed without compromise. With its compact size, it represents th...
OLIMDREAM Store Epson Stylus Color 500 Ink Jet Printer Brand new, unopened The Epson Stylus COLOUR 500 is an affordable 720 x 720 dpi high performer t...
With DX3 print head technology, the EPSON STYLUS CX9400 prints black-and-white or color text up to 32 ppm. Featuring a 2.5-inch LCD, this EPSON Inkjet...