Embassy Suites Williamsburg

Average Embassy Suite Hotel w/ Good Breakfast

Aug 10, 2004

Pros:Large Rooms, Full Breakfast Included, Indoor Pool

Cons:Location

The Bottom Line: An adequate hotel with an included full breakfast; better than many chain hotels in Williamsburg.

I stayed at this Embassy Suites when it was opened less than 2 years in December 2000. We rented 2 rooms for myself and my brother's family (1 wife, 4 kids). The 2 room suite was nice sized with a sliding door between the bedroom (mine had 2 double beds) and the living room area with its fold-out sofa, which was handy since we divided the kids up between the 2 rooms. The bathroom was large and clean and had adequate supplies. The living area had a coffee maker with the usual not-enough supplies. Extra towels were already provided so we didn't have to ask (how nice!!).

My niece and nephews used the indoor pool, which they loved, so it was kid-approved, but I didn't feel like a swim.

The breakfast was very complete -- eggs or waffles made to order along with rolls, muffins, cereals, breakfast meats, juices, coffee, teas, etc. It was crowded each of the 2 mornings we stayed there, so we tried to get up early enough to beat the line, but it seemed that all the other tourists did that, too.

The hotel was attractive, but didn't have that incredible garden-like lobby and breakfast area that some Embassy Suites have. It was not completely straight-forward to get to, so get a map from their website so you can see exactly where to turn. It was reasonably convenient to Williamsburg for touring, but not within walking distance of anything too interesting. Plan on driving to attractions, shopping, and dinner.

All in all, an adequate hotel and much better than several I've stayed at in Williamsburg, but there are better Embassy Suites in their chain.

Ads by Google