I have waited not so patiently for Enrique's second English album. I had high expectations for this album, I dearly love his first album. This album has a slight different sound than his last one. It has more of an upbeat rock feel. There is only one true ballad (Hero). And since I love to hear him croon out a ballad, I was a little disappointed. Its still a wonderful album. If you are a fan of Enrique you will love it. You will also enjoy the album if you are a fan of light rock. Enrique wrote all the songs on this album and he also produced the album. There are Ten new songs--three of which are repeated in Spanish.
1.Escape--This upbeat song, is about a enduring love in all of its imperfect glory. "You can run, you can hide, but you can't escape my love." Nice high part in the back up vocals.
2. Don't Turn off the Lights-- This song is about two people starting out together. They don't know what each other is thinking and they need to be able to read each others faces? Has some nice guitar, and interesting background vocals.
3. Love to See You Cry--This song I still don't get, Its slightly more subdued. Its about purposely hurting the one you love? "The sweetest pleasure is pain"
4. Hero--I love this song, my favorite on the album. Its another of those songs that moves me to tears. It was the perfect song to release as a single. Its a beautiful ballad. . . to have another one like this on the album. With lyrics like "Would you save my soul tonight?" and Would you die for the one you love." Backed by Enrique's wonderful, beautiful voice, and unintrusive instrumentals--How could I help falling for this song?
5. I Will Survive--Song about telling someone that they are not as important to you as they thought. Good Song.
6. Love 4 Fun--Great upbeat song--has a little bounce to it. Lyrics about a fun, new lookout on life and love.
7. Maybe--a song of regret. Wishing that the relationship hadn't ended and longing for another chance.
8. One Night Stand--Its about a one night stand. She used him for a one night and good time and nows shes gone.
9. She Be the One--Very sensual song in lyric and music. "She be the one, she be the drug, she gonna take you high, take you low, never get enough."
10. If the World Crashes Down--Upbeat song about being completed by the perfect person for you. Can withstand anything since I have you kind of thing.
11. Escapar--Escape in Spanish
12. No Apagues La Luz--Don't Turn Off the lights in Spanish.
13. Heroe--Hero in Spanish and its still beautiful even though I don't understand or speak the language. You can feel the heart there.
Although this is a good album, I believe the first one was better. See my review on Enrique's first English album (http://www.epinions.com/content_45954272900)