Estee Lauder Spellbound Perfumed Body Lotion Reviews

Estee Lauder Spellbound Perfumed Body Lotion

Spellbound Body Lotion

Feb 12, 2008

Pros:Musky, exotic scent. Moisturizing lotion

Cons:Hard to find

The Bottom Line: Spellbound is a great scent, and this body lotion makes the scent last all day. Moisturizing and light, but hard to find.

Back in 1972 I discovered Estee Lauder. One of my favorite perfumes was their "Estee", which I wore for several years until it was temporarily discontinued. The Estee bath oil was to die for! I was so sad, because I always received compliments and was continually being asked "what's the name of your perfume?"

I was still living at home then, and my mother tried to comfort me by purchasing me a bottle of Estee Lauder Youth Dew bath oil. You know, it's now 36 years later and I still have that bottle of Youth Dew oil, I can't bring myself to throw it out. What is amazing is that it still smells wonderful all these years later!

My next experience with an Estee Lauder scent was their "Beautiful", which I wore for several years until I developed sensitivities to it. My husband gave me a gift set of Beautiful, that also came with a small bag of Estee Lauder freebies, and included in that bag was a .5 container of Spellbound Perfumed Body Lotion. I still have it as well, and even though a few years have passed, it also has the same great scent as when I first received it!

Spellbound

I am not very good at describing fragrances. Some people can pick out all of the different notes with amazing ease, but not me. I have to have some help from Estee Lauder to explain what this sounds like ... and I certainly don't want to make a mistake by guessing what scents this does contain. So, from the company website, we learn that Spellbound is irresistibly attractive, spicy and rich.

Estee Lauder introduced Spellbound in 1991, and their slogan is that Spellbound captures the intense magic of falling in love. They continue to describe this by saying that it conveys passion, sensuality and the essence of femininity. Oriental in inspiration, with rich spices and rare blossoms, the fragrance adds to its irresistible magnetism with hints of fruit and the sensual luxury of Vanilla.

Fragrance Notes

Fragrance Type: Oriental and Floral

Top Notes: Rose, Muguet, Citrus, and Apricot. These are the first smells noticed, which are usually a little bit lighter, and they fade after 10 minutes or so.

Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Narcisse, Carnation, and Cardamom. Middle notes develop after the top notes, and remain noticeable the entire time you wear a perfume.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla, and Amber. These notes develop last, and are activated from your body heat. Usually the deeper, woodier, muskier scents are recognized as the base notes.

My Thoughts On Spellbound Lotion

Spellbound is definitely an exotic scent, and I don't wear this as much as my other perfumes. After using several Estee Lauder perfumes and matching fragrances, I think that the perfumed lotions actually hold their scent longer than the perfumes do.

This lotion is very light and moisturizing, blending into the skin easily, well absorbed, and leaving my skin feeling nourished with no greasiness. I usually only apply it to my legs, which are very dry after a shower. More areas than that and it would be perfume over kill.

I only wear this when I am going out for the evening. Once I made the mistake of applying this lotion after a shower, and then attempted to cut up veggies and meat to make a stew in my crockpot. My hands smelled so strongly of perfume, and it made my food smell that way as well. If you are going to do any cooking, you definitely need to wash the lotion off of your hands! It is strong, and it lingers for a long time.

The full size version comes in a pump style bottle, with a gold and black colored cap. Estee Lauder products are only sold at high end department stores, and while Nordstrom's still sells Spellbound perfume, I haven't seen the Spellbound Lotion for quite some time. I wonder if they are discontinuing it as well?

Hard To Find Estee Lauder Spellbound Eau De Parfum Perfume Spray W/box 1.7oz

Hard To Find Estee Lauder Spellbound Eau De Parfum Perfume Spray W/box 1.7oz

Up for sale is a Large 1.7 oz. spray Spellbound Eau de Parfum perfume by Estee Lauder. It is new,unused and comes in the original box.Please see my ot...

Estee Lauder spellbound For Women 1.7 Oz Edp Spray

Estee Lauder spellbound For Women 1.7 Oz Edp Spray

Fragrance Description: Spellbound for women by Estee Lauder was introduced in 1991 and is an oriental fragrance with floral notes. Top notes feature r...

Spellbound by Estee Lauder 50ml/1.7oz Spellbound Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

Spellbound by Estee Lauder 50ml/1.7oz Spellbound Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$74.50 - Spellbound Eau De Parfum Spray-50ml/1.7oz - perfume / fragrance for (ladies)
StrawberryNET.com

Spellbound By Estee Lauder For Women Edp Perfume Spray 1.7oz - Unboxed

Spellbound By Estee Lauder For Women Edp Perfume Spray 1.7oz - Unboxed

Home About Us View All Listings Feedback Contact Us Add Palm Beach Perfumes to your favorite stores and receive our exclusive emails about new items a...

SPELLBOUND by Estee Lauder for WOMEN EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ

SPELLBOUND by Estee Lauder for WOMEN EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ

EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ for WOMEN exotic spices, rare florals and lower tones of woods, amber and vanilla, an alluring scent.
FragranceNet
Spellbound Estee Lauder Eau De Parfum/perfume 1.7oz/50mlspray Full

Spellbound Estee Lauder Eau De Parfum/perfume 1.7oz/50mlspray Full

BRAND NEW!SPELLBOUND ESTEE LAUDER EAU DE PARFUM/PERFUME 1.7z/50ml Spray FULL WITH BOX.THANKS FOR LOOKING.

Estee Lauder 'SpellBound' Eau de Parfum Spray

Estee Lauder 'SpellBound' Eau de Parfum Spray

Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! Introduced in 1991, SpellBound captures the intense magic of falling in love. It conveys passion, sensuality an...
Nordstrom

Spellbound By Estee Lauder Edp Spray 1.7 Oz / 50 Ml Women Perfume

Spellbound By Estee Lauder Edp Spray 1.7 Oz / 50 Ml Women Perfume

SPELLBOUND BY ESTEE LAUDER EDP SPRAY 1.7 oz / 50 ML WOMEN PERFUME UNBOX BRAND NEW NEVER USED . AS SHOWN IN PICTURE 100% AUTHENTIC MONEY BACK GUARANTEE...