Esurance

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Great company, and service with Esurance

Sep 7, 2012

Pros:Got my car back on the road with no effort from me.

Cons:On the renewal their quote was higher.

The Bottom Line: Esurance were quick, efficient, and did right by me, when I was hit by one of their members. Great service.

I was driving home from a girlfriends house, in a 30 mile an hour limit, when a car pulled out and hit me. I was so thankful that it was on a side road, as the damage to the vehicle and impact could have been much worse.  Physically I was fine, but pretty shaken up.  Unfortunately my car needed repairs. The other driver apologized, told me that he was totally to blame, and had Esurance. He gave me his policy number, and also their phone number, and told me that I could phone them.  I also got all the other relevant information from him.

As soon as I was home I reported the accident to esurance, they took down all the details, and then gave me a claim number.  I was told that a representive would phone me back later that same day, and also an adjuster would be out the next day.  I got my call back, and was told that the adjuster would phone me before coming.

I received that call the following day, and was given a time as to when he would arrive.  He looked over the car, and then went into his vehicle where he got on the computer and phone.  After working out the cost of repairs, plus a hire car for the time I would be without it, he then wanted to know who would be doing the repairs.

Once all this had taken place he handed be a check.

We contacted the company we were using, and as soon as they had the parts in, we took my car to them.  Once they had my car, I phoned Esurance, and while I was on the phone, they arranged for Enterprise to pick us up.

The repairs took about a week to complete, and my car looked like new again.

Their service was so great that we asked them for a quote for our insurance. They were cheaper than The Hartford, so we went with them.  The customer service reps were great, and worked with us.  During the year we were with them we didn't need to contact them again.

We only stayed with them for that year, because Wells Fargo Bank offered us more insurance for less money. We had to change, but I can't praise them enough for their efficiency.  Len's car had a minor bang while with Wells Fargo.  We continually had to phone them to get it sorted out.  They did not give us the service that we expected of them. Esurance outshone them.

On our next renewal if they are cheaper, then we would certainly go back to them.