A good radio

Dec 24, 2008 (Updated Dec 25, 2008)
Rated Show

After 2 months I must say that I am satisfied with this machine. Sensitivity and selectivity  is good on all bands.  FM is very good. There is one weak  PBS station about 85 miles from me  and it comes in very well compared with all my other radio. There is only one local AM station where I am , but at night I can get AM stations all over the US East coast.  The big New York stations are loud and clear.  I am on the east coast of Canada, about a thousand miles from New York.  SW is very good with the exception of SSB.  Some of the strong SSB stations are acceptable.  I have only been using the  whip antenna so far and I expect  reception on SSB to improve when I get an external anteena.  All in all this is a good radio for the price.  I have heard   a few other reviews on this product and they were generally not complimentary.  I believe , if given a real chance, that better reviews would be forthcoming. This is not a high end, expensive unit costing thousands of dollars but it still delivers a pretty good listening experience.