Euro-Pro EP750 - Silver - Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Euro-Pro EP750 - Silver - Vacuum Cleaner

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

This shark loses its bite after several weeks

Aug 22, 2006
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Great looks, excellent accessories

Cons:Loses its suction within a few weeks, won't keep its charge, terrible customer service

The Bottom Line: Don't buy this unless you're willing to make a VERY short term investment -- it loses suction within weeks, doesn't keep its charge, and has terrible customer service.

When I first bought this product, I was very impressed by its suction power, good looks, and handy crevice tool and upholstery brush -- uncommon accessories for a hand held vac. However, after less than two months of using it, the unit wouldn't hold its charge (it would die after less than five minutes and need to be recharged) and lost its suction. Customer "service" for the Shark was completely unhelpful, even after I purchased a second Shark and suffered the same problem. I ended up with the Dustbuster instead.

What's good about the product?

The product is a space aged looking cordless power vac. Being cordless, I was able to happily use it in my car and on my boat. Having 3 little boys around creates lots of messes, so it was nice to have a powerful convenient hand vac on hand. It's a little heavier than my dustbuster, but the crevice tool enables you to reach under the lips of counters and other hard to reach spaces, as do the extensions for the vac, which the dustbuster doesn't come with. The accessories are well designed, except for the upholstery brush, which is basically useless. It never seemed to pick up anything from my drapes or upholstery.
At first it was far more powerful than competitors' hand held cordless vacs.

Problems with the unit and poor customer service:
I was so impressed with the product initially that I recommended it to my best friend, who also thought the suction power was great. That quickly changed. Within weeks the vacuum lost its suction power and was virtually useless. When I called Shark to complain -- I was told that I had to mail the product back at my own expense and that the company would then "take a look at it," and that I could expect a response within six weeks or so. Since I didn't want to throw more money away on the Shark that wasn't working -- and because I really can't go six weeks without a handheld vacuum cleaner, I didn't send it back in. Instead, I stupidly purchased a second Shark. The same thing happened again. The unit lost its suction, as did the unit owned by my friend. Shark customer "service" was once again completely unhelpful and infuriating to deal with over the problems with the suction.

Overall, the design is eye-catching, not your typical ugly dustbuster -- it's a space age looking egg shaped silver vac, and it has terrific accessories, butit lost its suction quickly (much more quickly than my dustbusters in the past)and the company has terrible customer service. If you want a pricey and good looking handheld cordless vac that will only work for a few weeks or so -- buy this one. If you want to buy a more reliable and cheaper handheld cordless vac -- buy the dustbuster.

Replacement Euro-pro Ep91 Quad Double Blade Food Processor Prep Center Part

Replacement Euro-pro Ep91 Quad Double Blade Food Processor Prep Center Part

Bowl Capacity: 6 Cups, 2 Speeds, Power 1100 watts

Euro-pro EP035 HEPA Dust Cup Filter XSH035

Euro-pro EP035 HEPA Dust Cup Filter XSH035

Fits Europro Shark Hand Vac EP035, EP-035,EP035H,EP035H2. No longer has screen. Picture above is a stock image. Part # XSH035

Shark Euro-Pro Hand Vac AC Adaptor Charger For EP750M, Part 1009FK # EU-36535

Shark Euro-Pro Hand Vac AC Adaptor Charger For EP750M, Part 1009FK # EU-36535

Fits Shark Hand Vac model EP750M Includes (1) Shark Euro-Pro 1009FK/EU-36535 Replacement Charger
Euro-Pro EP621 Vacuum Cleaner Belts 10065 - Pack

Euro-Pro EP621 Vacuum Cleaner Belts 10065 - Pack

Fits Euro-Pro Shark EP621, EP621H Vacuum Cleaner Part #10065, W 198-3M, 1045FC Fits: Euro-Pro / Fantom EP600 Euro-Pro / Fantom EP6000 Euro-Pro / Fanto...

Shark Euro-pro Fantom Filter, Dust Cup Hepa Ep602f Eu-18000

Shark Euro-pro Fantom Filter, Dust Cup Hepa Ep602f Eu-18000

Shark Euro-Pro Fantom Filter, Dust Cup Hepa Ep602F #EU-18000 Fits these vacuum cleaner models: Shark Euro-Pro EP602- Transformer Stick Vac; Shark Euro...

Euro-Pro Tidy Wonder Vacuum Cleaner Bags EP023

Euro-Pro Tidy Wonder Vacuum Cleaner Bags EP023

Works with: Euro-Pro Shark Tidy Wonder, Euro-Pro EP023, Euro-Pro EP023XX, Euro-Pro EU-14060
Shark Euro-pro Ep135/ep136 Vac Xsd135k Filter Kit Eu-18100

Shark Euro-pro Ep135/ep136 Vac Xsd135k Filter Kit Eu-18100

Shark Euro-Pro EP135 EP136 Vacuum Replacement XSD135K Filter Kit # EU-18100 Genuine OEM Replacement Part # XSD135K / # EU-18100 Compatible with Shark ...

Euro-Pro EP602 Transformer HEPA Filter XSB602

Euro-Pro EP602 Transformer HEPA Filter XSB602

Fits EuroPro Shark Transformer EP602, EP-602H, EP600, EP6000, EP600EF, EP601 , EP602, EP602F, EP602H, EP602RF, EP602W, EP619 Upright Vacuum Cleaners R...

Shark Europro Euro-pro Dust Cup Filter Genuine Hand Vac Xsb750 Ep750st 3/pack

Shark Europro Euro-pro Dust Cup Filter Genuine Hand Vac Xsb750 Ep750st 3/pack

Thanks for looking! Have any questions email or call 405-485-4888.

Shark Euro-Pro Fantom Paper Bag, Canister Hepa Ep754 24 Pk #EU-14095

Shark Euro-Pro Fantom Paper Bag, Canister Hepa Ep754 24 Pk #EU-14095

Fits these vacuum cleaner models: Shark Euro-Pro EP754- Professional Canister; Shark Euro-Pro EP754C- Professional Canister;
Vac Parts Warehouse