Euro-Flex SC60 Monster - White - Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Euro-Flex SC60 Monster - White - Vacuum Cleaner

EuroFlex Monster SC60 Superclean Steam Cleaner

Mar 1, 2008 (Updated Apr 20, 2008)

Pros:Quality, performance and customer service.

Cons:Only one small cloth. Plastic wheels, storage, hard to use in the tub.

The Bottom Line: I love this product. It is made very well and customer service stood behind the product for me when I needed them. It works well.

My review is on the SuperClean model which is black and orange trim with a separate compartment for dispensing disinfectant which is supposed to kill more than 99% of bacteria.

Also, I gave it a 5 star review but I had nothing to compare it against.

I was skeptical due to no U.S. reviews and so so to bad reviews of similar items by other companies. I liked what I saw in some videos from overseas. I took a chance and bought the machine from Wal-Mart. Most places sell the machine for $150 and up. Wal-Mart sells it for $98 plus tax and s&h. My total price was $116 including everything.

The machine and its accessories seem very well made to last.

When the machine came I tried it out but had a problem keeping the extender arms attached. The extender arms have a hole in one end and a button in the other end that is used to keep the arms attached while cleaning. Both of my extender arms had the buttons missing.

I notified the company expecting the worst but I had replacements in 4 days. They seem to stand behind their product.

As advertised, the steam cleaner was ready in 5 minutes after filling the steel canister with tap water. Be careful, the steam area is very hot.

The unit comes with a single cotton cloth which is too small to attach as per the instructions. I attached it my own way and it worked just fine. The cloth clips on via a strong clip on either side of the floor brush. I was amazed at how my linoleum floors shined after use. You can adjust the steam through a switch on the nozzle. You must sweep the floor to get surface dirt before using this machine because this is not a vacuum. The floor seemed fairly wet after usage but it also seemed to dry in no time flat. I did the kitchen floors twice so far. The first time it came out a little streaky but I adjusted the amount of steam and it fixed the problem the second time.

I also used the machine on a tile floor in my bathroom. It cleaned the floor nicely. However, using the machine with the cloth did not get to the grout in the tiles very well. The machine comes with various tools for cleaning between the tiles and it did a very good job.

I also used the machine to clean hard lime off my shower knobs and along with a detail scrub brush attachment it did the job I could not do before getting the machine.

I then tried the squeegee that came with the machine for the mirrors and it also did a very good job.

I have not tried it on carpets yet or the stove but that will be my next task. I also did not try the disinfectant that comes with the unit.

It seems to do a lot of work without refilling but again, I only used half a tank of water for my first attempt.

3/2/08 Update.

I should have mentioned that there is no electric cable storage and the steam hose is permanently attached to the machine.

Again, I only used the machine twice so my comments on the workmanship should be taken under these circumstances. I read good things about this machine in reviews from overseas.

When unscrewing the water compartment cap use a towel. There might still be steam under pressure and it can burn. I speak from experience. Please wait at least 5 minutes before trying to release the cap.

The instructions could be better especially concerning attaching the cloth.

I am not sure but I think the return policy from Wal-Mart is very good and the product is warranted for 1 year by EuroFlex.

3/13/08 Update.

I gave it a 4 star rating. I wanted to give it a 4.5 rating because the problems are minor. This is because of the plastic wheels, short cloth and no where to store the electric cable or steam hose as well as the problem cleaning the soap scum from the shower doors although it might be my problem. These points are minor in my opinion as the machine works well and that is why I bought it. Also, as I mentioned above the customer support was unexpectedly very good and fast to resolve my problem. I was ready for a fight but instead received a courteous understanding person who helped me immediately. This is also important to me.

4/20/08 Update.

I tried to clean my shower doors with this product and as yet have not found a good way to do it. The brush seems to just spread the soap build up around. A cloth does not do a great job either. However, If you just use the steam directly on the door and then wipe it with a cloth it seems to work better.

If anyone has another idea, please notify me. Thanks.

Also, it is cumbersome to try and bring the hose into the bathtub in order to do the doors on the inside.

I saw a Monster 1200 on TV that is quite portable and also gas an extension to do floors. It might be easier to use in hard to get to places because there is no hose and it is also cheaper but appears to hold less water.

I did not try to use the Monster 60 on the Tub itself. I am wondering what piece of apparatus to use on the Tub surface.

Amount Paid (US$): 98 tx s&h

Euroflex Steam-cleaner Sc20 Monster Baby Handheld In Box

Euroflex Steam-cleaner Sc20 Monster Baby Handheld In Box

This compact 1000 watt euroflex monster baby steam-cleaner is brand new in the original box. Flaps on one end have been opened but unit was never used...

Euro Pro Shark Sc650 Deluxe Portable Steam Pocket Cleaning System

Euro Pro Shark Sc650 Deluxe Portable Steam Pocket Cleaning System

Euro Pro Shark Deluxe Portable Steam Pocket Cleaning System 99% Sanitization with chemical free cleaning! Clean and sanitize your entire home using on...

Monster Sc60 Pressurized Canister Dry Steam Cleaner

Monster Sc60 Pressurized Canister Dry Steam Cleaner

Monster SC60 Pressurized Canister Dry Steam Cleaner Features Include: Steam-cleans windows Cleans Tile Floors, and Other Surfaces Stainless Steel 1400...

Team Associated Sc10 Rs Monster Energy/toyota Racing Rtr Truck

Team Associated Sc10 Rs Monster Energy/toyota Racing Rtr Truck

NEW Team Associated SC10 RS Monster Energy/Toyota Racing RTR Truck Features XP3-SS 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system with XP S1903 metal gear steering ser...

Euroflex Monster EZ1 Floor Steam Cleaner (GREEN)

Euroflex Monster EZ1 Floor Steam Cleaner (GREEN)

Clean more thoroughly with the only steam mop with front steam jets. This mop cleans right up to the edge of the room and is ideal for vertical corner...
Overstock.com

Nike Air Trainer SC High Men's Shoe Size 10.5 (White)

Nike Air Trainer SC High Men's Shoe Size 10.5 (White)

The Nike Air Trainer SC High: Dynamic Ride, Sleek Style Comfort and Stability Define the Nike Air Trainer SC High Men's Shoe, Made With Light-as-Air C...
Nike.com

Monster High Monster Fashion Design Artist Tote

Monster High Monster Fashion Design Artist Tote

Designing a scary-cool wardrobe for your favorite Monster High characters has never been easier. The Monster High Monster Fashion Design Artist Tote f...

MONSTER-02 Men's Boots Funtasma

MONSTER-02 Men's Boots Funtasma

Monster, Frankenstein Blk Pu PF Inner Zipper Ankle Boot, 5
Timberland Euro Hiker Boot Boots (Black) - Men's Boots

Timberland Euro Hiker Boot Boots (Black) - Men's Boots

Sizes Available: 8.5 M. Trek across the countryside in the Timberland Euro Hiker boots.Abrasion-resistant suede and hemp fabric or leather upperPadded...
Shoes.com