Euro-Flex SC60 Monster - White - Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Euro-Flex SC60 Monster - White - Vacuum Cleaner

EuroFlex Monster SC60 Superclean Steam Cleaner

Mar 1, 2008 (Updated Apr 20, 2008)

Pros:Quality, performance and customer service.

Cons:Only one small cloth. Plastic wheels, storage, hard to use in the tub.

The Bottom Line: I love this product. It is made very well and customer service stood behind the product for me when I needed them. It works well.

My review is on the SuperClean model which is black and orange trim with a separate compartment for dispensing disinfectant which is supposed to kill more than 99% of bacteria.

Also, I gave it a 5 star review but I had nothing to compare it against.

I was skeptical due to no U.S. reviews and so so to bad reviews of similar items by other companies. I liked what I saw in some videos from overseas. I took a chance and bought the machine from Wal-Mart. Most places sell the machine for $150 and up. Wal-Mart sells it for $98 plus tax and s&h. My total price was $116 including everything.

The machine and its accessories seem very well made to last.

When the machine came I tried it out but had a problem keeping the extender arms attached. The extender arms have a hole in one end and a button in the other end that is used to keep the arms attached while cleaning. Both of my extender arms had the buttons missing.

I notified the company expecting the worst but I had replacements in 4 days. They seem to stand behind their product.

As advertised, the steam cleaner was ready in 5 minutes after filling the steel canister with tap water. Be careful, the steam area is very hot.

The unit comes with a single cotton cloth which is too small to attach as per the instructions. I attached it my own way and it worked just fine. The cloth clips on via a strong clip on either side of the floor brush. I was amazed at how my linoleum floors shined after use. You can adjust the steam through a switch on the nozzle. You must sweep the floor to get surface dirt before using this machine because this is not a vacuum. The floor seemed fairly wet after usage but it also seemed to dry in no time flat. I did the kitchen floors twice so far. The first time it came out a little streaky but I adjusted the amount of steam and it fixed the problem the second time.

I also used the machine on a tile floor in my bathroom. It cleaned the floor nicely. However, using the machine with the cloth did not get to the grout in the tiles very well. The machine comes with various tools for cleaning between the tiles and it did a very good job.

I also used the machine to clean hard lime off my shower knobs and along with a detail scrub brush attachment it did the job I could not do before getting the machine.

I then tried the squeegee that came with the machine for the mirrors and it also did a very good job.

I have not tried it on carpets yet or the stove but that will be my next task. I also did not try the disinfectant that comes with the unit.

It seems to do a lot of work without refilling but again, I only used half a tank of water for my first attempt.

3/2/08 Update.

I should have mentioned that there is no electric cable storage and the steam hose is permanently attached to the machine.

Again, I only used the machine twice so my comments on the workmanship should be taken under these circumstances. I read good things about this machine in reviews from overseas.

When unscrewing the water compartment cap use a towel. There might still be steam under pressure and it can burn. I speak from experience. Please wait at least 5 minutes before trying to release the cap.

The instructions could be better especially concerning attaching the cloth.

I am not sure but I think the return policy from Wal-Mart is very good and the product is warranted for 1 year by EuroFlex.

3/13/08 Update.

I gave it a 4 star rating. I wanted to give it a 4.5 rating because the problems are minor. This is because of the plastic wheels, short cloth and no where to store the electric cable or steam hose as well as the problem cleaning the soap scum from the shower doors although it might be my problem. These points are minor in my opinion as the machine works well and that is why I bought it. Also, as I mentioned above the customer support was unexpectedly very good and fast to resolve my problem. I was ready for a fight but instead received a courteous understanding person who helped me immediately. This is also important to me.

4/20/08 Update.

I tried to clean my shower doors with this product and as yet have not found a good way to do it. The brush seems to just spread the soap build up around. A cloth does not do a great job either. However, If you just use the steam directly on the door and then wipe it with a cloth it seems to work better.

If anyone has another idea, please notify me. Thanks.

Also, it is cumbersome to try and bring the hose into the bathtub in order to do the doors on the inside.

I saw a Monster 1200 on TV that is quite portable and also gas an extension to do floors. It might be easier to use in hard to get to places because there is no hose and it is also cheaper but appears to hold less water.

I did not try to use the Monster 60 on the Tub itself. I am wondering what piece of apparatus to use on the Tub surface.

Amount Paid (US$): 98 tx s&h

Team Associated 7055 Sc10 Rs Rtr Monster Energy / Toyota Racing Ascd7055 Gp

Team Associated 7055 Sc10 Rs Rtr Monster Energy / Toyota Racing Ascd7055 Gp

This is the electric powered, 2.4GHz radio controlled, 1/10 scale, ready to run SC10 RS (Race Spec) Short Course Race Truck with RS Monster Energy/Toy...

Monster Video 2 Component Video 1 Meter

Monster Video 2 Component Video 1 Meter

New Monster cable Video 2 component video cable 1 meter long. Please see the shipping calculator below for shipping rates. Better Video Through Better...

Monster MT R-B pair  Crimp-on Banana Connectors, 12 Gauge

Monster MT R-B pair Crimp-on Banana Connectors, 12 Gauge

Crimp-on Banana Connectors, 12 Gauge Fits Original Monster Cable and other 12-gauge cable, easy crimp-on design, 24k hard-gold contacts
Crutchfield

Monster High Tin

Monster High Tin

Brand: Monster High; Name: Monster High Tin; Incl. Pieces: 1; Condition: New With Tags; UPC: 078678230906; Age Group: 4 - 8 yrs.
Swap.com

Euro-Cuisine 2 qt. Electric Yogurt & Greek Yogurt Maker White

Euro-Cuisine 2 qt. Electric Yogurt & Greek Yogurt Maker White

With the Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker, you can make home-made all natural, rich, and creamy yogurts with any kind of milk within 6 to 8hours. The Euro Cu...

Monster Cable Video 3 Component Video 4 Meters Mv3cv-4m

Monster Cable Video 3 Component Video 4 Meters Mv3cv-4m

New Monster Cable Video 3 component video cable 4 meters long or (13.1 feet). Monster Video 3 Offers Reference video Cable Performance Monster Video 3...

Monster High - Draculaura Child Costume Monster High

Monster High - Draculaura Child Costume Monster High

Monster High - Draculaura Child Costume Includes shirt with attached vest, skirt and leggings. Does not include wig, jewelry or boots. This is an offi...
Birthday Express

Wahl Shaver Foil - Close - 7342-4201 Dyna/euro Flex

Wahl Shaver Foil - Close - 7342-4201 Dyna/euro Flex

WAHL Shaver Foil - Close - 7342-4201 Dyna/Euro Flex Product Description Wahl 7336 Shaver foil Type Close Flex Foil Head for most beards Fits all Wahl ...

Polk Audio White 2-Way In-Ceiling Loudspeaker - SC60

Polk Audio White 2-Way In-Ceiling Loudspeaker - SC60

Dynamic Balance Polymer Composite 6 1/2 Midwoofer Driver/ 3/4 Aimable Silk Dome Tweeter/ Wide Dispersion Design/ Durable, Moisture Resistant Materia...
Abt Electronics

Monster QuickLock MKII Gold Flex Pin Connectors For Easy Self Crimping Terminations

Gold flex pin connectors. 2-piece screw-on design for easy and termination