Farberware Yosemite 8 Cups Percolator - Silver Reviews

+$5.99 shipping Hayneedle
+$6.47 shipping QVC

Farberware Yosemite Coffee Percolator

Feb 13, 2011

Pros:Stainless Steel Construction! Lid Window! Makes Coffee Well! No Filters Needed! Nice Grip Handle!

Cons:NONE

The Bottom Line: If your looking for a simple stove top percolator, this is the one to buy. It is made out of quality construction and is affordable.

Today I am going to be reviewing the stove-top coffee percolator from Farberware. Some people like the taste of percolated coffee, others like the drip style, which is most commonly found in most homes today. I however could care less, all I want is coffee, doesn't matter what coffee maker makes it, as long as I have it!

FEATURES: Percolator can brew between 4 to 8 cups of coffee. Contains a permanent metal filter basket, that does not require filters. The coffee pot is made out of 18/10 stainless steel, which is polished to a mirrored finish. The handle is made out of a plastic synthetic base which stays cool to the touch, and is dishwasher safe. Dimensions 8-1/4 by 6-5/6 by 9".

EXPERIENCE: I grew up around a coffee percolator, as that is all we had back then, so I am quite familiar with them. The only thing with making coffee using a stove-top percolator is, that you can easily run it too long and ruin the coffee. This is why drip style coffee makers became such a big hit, you can make coffee without screwing it up!

However, this nice stainless steel pot, includes a glass window in the top middle portion of the lid. The trick with percolators is, you wait for the coffee to turn dark in the window, and when it does, its done. To make coffee, all I have to do is remove the filter basket. I then can add the required amount of water, weather it be 4-cups or 8-cups.

Then, I open the filter basket, and I place between 4 or more tablespoons of coffee for 4-cups, or 8 or more tablespoons of coffee for 8-cups, into the filter basket. Then I replace the filter basket lid, place it inside the pot, and then replace the pot lid. Then all I had to do is place the pot on the stove, and turn it on medium-high heat.

Its kind of hard to say, as everybody's stove is different, but I believe it took about 10-minutes till the coffee was done. The nature of the heat causes the water to be pumped through the tube and through the filter basket, this water gets filtered through the coffee, and then drains into the pot. Once the coffee turned dark, all I had to do was turn off the stove and pour!

CONCLUSION: These are great to have as a backup for when your drip style coffee maker goes out, or when the power goes out, and you can operate these on a Coleman gas stove! I have not had any issues with it, never got burned touching the handle, and it makes coffee good. I love the stainless steel construction and I highly recommend it! 5-STARS

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. At the first morning sip you'll say, Forget the espresso maker! True connoisseurs know that the best coffee com...
Home Depot

Shop for Coffee Makers from Hayneedle.com! About FarberwareIn 1900, a tinsmith named S.W. Farber set up a shop in Manhattan, where he started a small ...
Hayneedle
What coffeemaker? True connoisseurs know that the best brew comes from a freshly percolated pot. Crafted from polished stainless steel for beauty and ...
QVC
Hayneedle
Farberware Cookware - 50124 Farberware Classic Yosemite 8 Cup Percolator Farberware Classic Yosemite 8 Cup Percolator
FBR1202: Features: -Product Type:Percolator -Number of Items Included:1 -Material:Metal -Distressed:No -Color:Silver. Dimensions: -Overall Height - To...