Farnam Gentle Touch Flea Drops for Cats and Small Animals

Gentle Touch Flea Drops - Gentle, but doesn't get rid of fleas

Jun 8, 2004

Pros:Natural ingredients and price.

Cons:Didn't work.

The Bottom Line: It didn't get rid of the fleas.

When we had a flea problems we tried many over the counter applications and have had bad reactions from some and no results from others. One of the ones we tried was Gentle Touch Flea Drops for Cats and Small Animals. Our main reason for trying this one was that it is supposed to kill fleas naturally, without any harmful chemicals for your pet. At this point the flea problem wasn't that bad, but both cats had a few fleas here and there.

The package contained three tubes, we used one on each cat and I still have the third tube sitting in the box. To apply you need to use the tube to part the cats fur at the shoulder blades and apply it in a strip. It is important to make sure it gets all the way to the skin and not just absorbed by the fur or it will not work on getting rid of the fleas. It will leave an oily area on the fur where it is applied, this seems to be inevitable for all spot applications. The oily patch will get better and be less noticeable after a day or so.

After a couple of days after applying it, I noticed that the cats were still scratching and had a few fleas. It was hard to tell if it got rid of any of them, but the cats definitely were not flea free. I was really hoping this would work since it was chemical free, but I guess I was asking too much. The good news is that there was no bad reactions from the cats with using the product, unlike other products we have tried.

Gentle Touch Fleas Drops for Cats and Small Animals can be used on cats and ferrets. Because it is natural, it is safe to use on kittens that weigh at least three pounds and are not under eight weeks old.

They claim that it has no pesticides and kills fleas up to four weeks. I can't agree that it kills fleas for up to four weeks since my cats still had some fleas and I'm not really sure if it killed any at all.

The active ingredients are: Sodium laurly sulfate (7.00%) and citric acid (5.00%), the inactive ingredients are: hydrogenated vegetable oil, soybean oil and glycerin, which makes sense with the oily spot it leaves on your cat.

They actually do have a warning about sensitivity on the box, telling you that some pets can be sensitive to the product and to keep an eye out for skin irritation or any other problems. If your pet does have a reaction to it, they tell you to bathe your pet in warm water and call your vet.

After using this product and not getting any results, we tried Bio Spot, which did not work and now whenever I see fleas, I use a homemade flea shampoo instead. Granted, it's not fun giving the cats a bath, but at least I get results rather than no results.

While Gentle Touch Fleas Drops for Cats and Small Animals did not cause any problems for my cats, I find that I can't recommend it because they still had fleas.

Farnam Adams Plus Flea & Tick Indoor Fogger - 3 pack

Farnam Adams Plus Flea & Tick Indoor Fogger - 3 pack

Farnam Adams Plus Flea & Tick Indoor Fogger is a ready-to-use room fogger that is great for treating indoor flea infestations.
Revival Animal Health

Farnam Adams Plus Flea & Tick Fogger For Dogs And Cats

Farnam Adams Plus Flea & Tick Fogger For Dogs And Cats

Adams Plus Fogger Home Flea and Tick Remedy Adams â„¢ Plus Flea Tick Indoor Fogger kills today's fleas and prevents tomorrow's fleas from growing up t...

FARNAM COMPANIES,INC. - FLEA & TICK SHAMPOO Z50 12 OZ
Farnam Biospot Large Dog & Puppy Collar 5 Month Flea Tick With Igr Free Ship Usa

FARNAM LARGE FLEA/TICK + DOG PUPPY COLLAR WITH IGR, FITS UP TO 25 NECKS. THIS IS FOR 5 MONTHS OF PROTECTION. ONE TOTAL COLLAR, ONE PER PURCHASE IN A S...