Fat Cat, Inc. Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Assorted Cat Toys 3.5"x3"x1" (Fat Cat Toys) Reviews

Fat Cat Makes The Best Cat Toys: Fat Cat Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Cat Toy

Sep 4, 2011

Pros:Cute; contains organic catnip; sturdy; our cats love this brand

Cons:Made in China (for this price, couldn't these be made here?)

The Bottom Line: This is a really cute cat toy with organic catnip. Worth the higher price but I wish these were made in the USA.

Since discovering the Fat Cat brand of cat toys, I've bought many of them. They're really cute, brightly-colored, unique and our cats love them. One of the first Fat Cat toys I bought was the Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Cat Toy.

Product Details:

The Fat Cat Kitty Hoot Kitten Little Cat Toy is a catnip-filled, stuffed cat toy that is made from material with the design printed on the material. There are various designs, but ours is a green cat with purple stripes and a purple bandana with blue mice printed on it. The toy is 3.5" long and just under 3" wide at its widest point.

Fat Cat states that the catnip in these toys is "high-test, organic catnip", meaning that the catnip is really potent.

There are a ton of other Fat Cat toys, including the Squeakers line, the Eeeks! line and the Zoom Stuffers line (among others). Fat Cat also brings out a nice selection of Christmas-themed cat toys near the holidays.

My Experience:

What first made me notice the Fat Cat line of cat toys was the brightly colored toys. The toys all had actual personality, and I had never seen toys like this. The Kitty Hoots Kitten Little toy has personality with his wide eyes and outstretched arms stance. I also liked that they contain organic catnip. I had never thought to check to see if the catnip toys I had been giving my cat contained organic catnip. With Fat Cat toys, there are no worries about whether or not the catnip is organic.

Our cat, Domino, likes toys he can swat around and then chase after. He has a LOT of toys, though, and it's hard to say whether or not he plays with this toy more than his other toys. As with all of the catnip toys we give him, he plays with them more for the first few months he has them, and then he plays with them intermittently along with his other toys. I think that the catnip must lose its scent somewhat and he is no longer quite as attracted to it.

The Fat Cat Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Cat Toy is well made and is sturdy. The bright colors on this toy have not faded and the stitching hasn't come apart at all. Domino doesn't have front toenails (he's declawed) so he probably isn't as hard on his toys as some cats. He does carry toys around in his mouth, though, but his teeth haven't done any damage to this toy. The material this toy is made of reminds me of a men's dress shirt, so it's fairly strong and resists tearing.

At around $3.50 each, this toy is at pretty much top dollar for a small cat toy. I'd like to know why these toys are made in China and why the material is even printed in China. I would think that for the kind of money these get, they could be made in the USA.

Overall, Domino seems to enjoy the Fat Cat Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Cat Toy. We have a lot of the Fat Cat toys and will continue to buy them not only because they're so cute but because Domino seems to like them. Our other cat, Halo, ignores most of the swat type of toys we buy, so her input is not needed for purposes of this review!

Price and Purchasing Information:

The Fat Cat Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Cat Toy is about $3.50 to $4.00 depending on where it is purchased. I found mine at my local PetSmart brick and mortar store. Online, it can be purchased at ShopFatCat.com, Amazon.com and PetFoodDirect.com.

Fat Cat, Inc. Kitty Hoots EEEKS Mouse Assorted

Fat Cat, Inc. Kitty Hoots EEEKS Mouse Assorted

No need to jump on a table to exclaim EEEEEk!! 'cause good news nelly... It's a fake, it's a fake it's a fake. This little toy proves that cats don't ...
PetFoodDirect
Fat Cat, Inc. Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Assorted Cat Toys

Fat Cat, Inc. Kitty Hoots Kitten Little Assorted Cat Toys

Green, Purple and Yellow kitten shaped cat toys. Tiny in size but filled with Zoom Around the Room catnip for hours of fun.
PetFoodDirect
Fat Cat Inc. Various Organic Catnip Qty-4

Fat Cat Inc. Various Organic Catnip Qty-4

YOU GET 4 BRAND NEW CAT TOYS WITH HIGH-TEST ORGANIC CATNIP BY KITTY HOOTS YOU GET A: HALF OF A CAT, DOG, HAMSTER FACE, AND A RAT GREAT FOR CAT STOCKIN...
Fat Cat Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch-o-rama Scratcher Catnip Mat

Fat Cat Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch-o-rama Scratcher Catnip Mat

Presenting Fat Cats Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch-O-Rama Catnip Mat!How about that for a super long name? :)What a Purrfect Holiday Gift for Your Fav...

Kitty Hoots Scratchn Play Ramp

Kitty Hoots Scratchn Play Ramp

Big Mama's Scratch 'n Play Ramp is natural and recyclable. The ramp comes with a supply of Zoom Around the Room high-test organic catnip and toy to ke...
Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch O Rama Scratch Mat Organic Catnip

Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch O Rama Scratch Mat Organic Catnip

NWT Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch-O-Ram Scratchy Mat for your cat!Enhanced with organic zoom around the room catnip.Size is approximately 14-Inch by ...

Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch O Rama Scratch Mat With Organic Catnip

Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratch O Rama Scratch Mat With Organic Catnip

Pure sisal, enhanced with organic catnip. Keeps claws healthy.