Sinclair Browning - Feathers Brush My Heart: True Stories of Mothers Touching Their Daughters' Lives After Death

Feathers Brush My Heart

Jul 12, 2003

Pros:uplifting, proof of angels, inspiring

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: An uplifting glimpse at life after death, and how these incredible mothers still touch their daughters lives.

Intro

I purchased Feathers Brush My HeartTrue Stories of Mothers Touching Their Daughters' Lives After Death by Sinclair Browning, several years ago, while still trying to accept my father's death.

This book helped me to realize, that although my father may be gone from me physically, spiritually, he will always be nearby.

The Book

Feathers Brush My Heart by Sinclair Browning contains over 60 short stories of true tales written by real women of how their own mothers made an appearance when the women needed it most.

Each tale is between 1-3 pages long and is written in first person style.

When I first got the book, I thought it was going to be all about "Angel Feathers", which are tiny feathers that are often found when an angel or loved one spiritually has been around.

But instead, I found each of the stories pertained to different ways their moms showed the daughters that they were still around.

Sinclair tells her own Mother's Touch in the very first tale entitled, June First.

Sinclair's mother is dying of lingering Cancer. As with all well wishers, as her mother gets sicker, people begin sending balloons and flowers to the hospital.

One such balloon was a Happy Walker, in which if you placed nickels in his paper shoes he would walk across the floor.

When Sinclair's mother finally passes away, the family decide to let loose the balloons into the night sky. All of the balloons drift away. Then they decided to let the Happy Walker go as well.

This balloon floats up and then settles into a tree with his back to the family. Someone comments "oh he has his back to us"...then suddenly he drifts up, turns and settles facing the family.

Still suddenly with no breeze blowing, his little arms begin waving like mad, and then he drifts out of the tree and floats away.

A few months later, Sinclair finds her pond covered in tiny white feathers, which she believes to be Angel Feathers.

Another example of a return would be Glennis Firestone's story.

Glennis's mom always said that when she died, she would return to the family as a butterfly. Her mother was part Cherokee, and in this particular tribe butterflies represent rebirth.

After her mother died, and she was scattering the ashes, a solid black lone butterfly flew by. And each time now, when she returns to the cemetary, there is always one lone black butterfly there.

Glennis believes the butterfly is her mom.

There are many more stories such as these, one about a cardinal, a fudge recipe, yellow roses, a dove...and many more.

My Thoughts

I found this book very entertaining, and at times somewhat unbelieveable, with the exception the women all believe they were touched by their mothers after death, so that held alot of credence to me.

Did the book help me mourn my father's passing more? Not really, or less? No to that too.

The only thing that helped me mourn was time. But it was refreshing to hear other women's tales of signs from their moms after death, and knowing that if I needed my father desperately, he might make an appearance.

Details

Feathers Brush My Heart by Sinclair Browning is published by Warner Books. Copyright 2002, ISB# 0-446-52819-6

In Conclusion

For a good uplifiting read, I reccommend this book with a 5, being the best.

The best part is, if the tales get to dreary you can put the book down and pick it back up without missing anything.

Enjoy!!

Sinclair Case Neck Brushes - Sinclair Case Neck Brush-6.5mm Thru 30 Cal.

Sinclair Case Neck Brushes - Sinclair Case Neck Brush-6.5mm Thru 30 Cal.

The Sinclair Case Neck Brushes are used to keep case necks free from dirt and powder residue build-up. Brushes are nylon bristle with a closed-loop br...
Brownells

Sinclair Case Neck Brushes - Sinclair Case Neck Brush-30 Cal. Thru 375 Cal.

Sinclair Case Neck Brushes - Sinclair Case Neck Brush-30 Cal. Thru 375 Cal.

Brownells

Sinclair Adjustable Rod Guides - Sinclair Adjustable Rod Guide - 6.5mm - 30 Cal.

The Sinclair Adjustable Coned-Style Rod Guides are ideal for the shooter with multiple rifles. Three different rod guides cover calibers from .17 cali...

Sinclair Case Neck Brushes - Sinclair Accessory Handle

Sinclair Case Neck Brushes - Sinclair Accessory Handle

Brownells

Sinclair Adjustable Rod Guides - Sinclair Multi-Purpose Rod Guide - 17 Cal. - 416 Cal.

Sinclair Intl

Sinclair Adjustable Rod Guides - Sinclair Adjustable Rod Guide - 17cal. - 25cal.

Sinclair Handwheel - Stainless Steel

Sinclair Handwheel - Stainless Steel

Additional handwheels make switching tops on a Sinclair rest a snap. Many shooters like to have two handwheels if they are using a B/R top in competi...

Sinclair Chamber Length Gage - Sinclair Chamber Length Gage/30 Cal

Sinclair Chamber Length Gage - Sinclair Chamber Length Gage/30 Cal

The Sinclair Chamber Length Gauges are designed so the handloader can determine the true length of his rifle's chamber when measuring from the bolt fa...
Sinclair Intl

Sinclair Institute - Moisture Control Cream For Him - 4 Oz.

Sinclair Institute - Moisture Control Cream For Him - 4 Oz.

Sinclair Institute - Moisture Control Cream for Him - 4 oz. (120mL)Sinclair Institute Moisture Control Cream for Him is for chest, groin, and feet and...

Sinclair Chamber Length Gage - Sinclair Chamber Length Gage/6 Mm