Fellowes 91737 Jewel Tones Gel Wrist Rests Graphite (FEL91737) Reviews

Fellowes 91737 Jewel Tones Gel Wrist Rests Graphite (FEL91737)

Free Shipping Zoro
+$9.95 shipping Office Depot

Relieving Pressure With My Fellowes

Jan 26, 2012

Pros:Wrist comfort

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Pain relief with the wrist rest.

For the longest time, I never bothered with using a wrist rest.  I thought they were uncomfortable and pointless.  It wasn’t until I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that I changed my ways.  Now I won’t type without one.  I had a dingy, hand me down wrist rest that I used for some time due to budget cuts at the office, but the secretary finally ordered me a shiny new Fellowes Wrist Rest.

Price and Package

The wrist rest comes in a blister pack. It is just a bit longer than a standard keyboard. There’s not much to the package, just a quarter-sized hole in the front so you can feel the softness of the wrist rest. The cost is about $12 and they can be purchased at most office supply stores. I’ve seen them online as well for about $10, but that doesn’t include shipping. When buying in bulk, there is a greater discount, but this isn’t an item that can always be bought in large quantities.

Usage

This particular wrist rest is graphite, which is a shiny gray color. It’s very soft, and of course, lies directly in front of the keyboard to remove pressure from the wrist. It has a plastic backing that can be removed for non-skidding. I took off the plastic, and the thing wouldn’t budge. I tend to move my keyboard occasionally depending on the way I’m sitting, and I didn’t like that I couldn’t move the wrist rest with ease. I put the plastic back on the back, and I don’t have any problems with it moving while I’m typing. The wrist rest lifts the wrists up to where they should be. The gel inside is firm, and reduces pressure on my wrists and forearms. I can tell a noticeable difference in the pressure on my wrist since using the wrist rest.

Overall

I never thought I would get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  In fact, I used to wonder if people were making it up.  Nonetheless, I would recommend the Fellowes Wrist Rest for reducing pressure on those wrists. Whether you have Carpal Tunnel or are preventing it, this wrist rest noticeably relieves pressure on the wrists while typing.  The comfort is well worth the cost.

Wrist Rest, Graphite, Lycra, For Use With Keyboard, Height 5/8 In., Length 23/4 In., Width 181/2 In.
Zoro

Extra comfort for computer users Ergonomic gel conforms to your wrist. Provides support while redirecting pressure points. Durable Lycra(R) covering i...
Office Depot
Fellowes Jewel Tones Gel Wrist Rest - Keyboard wrist rest - graphite
PCM
Wrist rest provides exceptional support while redistributing pressure points. Durable covering withstands daily wear and tear. Non-skid base holds wri...
MacMall
FELLOWES MANUFACTURING FEL91737 Gel rest gives firm support and redistributes pressure points to relieve discomfort. Durable Lycra covering withstand...
Wayfair Supply
Fellowes Mfg Co 91737 is a gel wrist rest.
Fellowes, MPN: 91737