Fender 2-Button Channel/Chorus Footswitch..An Easy Switch!

May 28, 2011

Pros:Bulletproof Construction, Inexpensive

Cons:A little On the Small Side

The Bottom Line:

Fender 2-Button Channel/Chorus Footswitch are meant to take a beating.

I spend a fair amount of time on auction sites looking for musical instruments that are of interest; some I'll keep but chances are I'll fix or perform a modification here and there and put them right back on the market.  Often I'll find a piece that is ridiculously under priced and buy it only having to hunt for missing pieces. A recent acquisition, a Princeton Chorus was advertised in a local paper priced to sell from an estate. I snatched it and found that I needed to find the footswitch for that model, and so the hunt begins.

The search was a short on as I was able to locate one on yet another auction site. When it arrived, I was eager to see if it worked and yes, Fender footswitches are notoriously over engineered and can take a beating. The Fender 2 Button Channel/Chorus Footswitch is a little extruded aluminum brute that is meant to take a beating.

Channel switching is accommodated on the left and Chorus activation is done from the right switch. The switches are a little noisy though unobtrusive and have a tight confirming click that you can actually feel through your shoe making it mindless to use on a darkened stage or pit. Twin led indicators also allow you to see which mode you're in. The ¼" input/output can be facilitated with any mono ¼" cable, making it easily adaptable to any backline.  At under $40.00, the Fender 2 Button Channel/Chorus Footswitch is a relatively inexpensive item that can be had for a fraction of that price online.

My only complaint is that it is a bit small and while it seems to have somewhat of a rest built into the base, the switches are a little close, but that isn't a deal breaker. All things considered, it's a nice piece of gear that is an essential component of many of Fenders multi channel chorus amps.

As it turns out, the Princeton Chorus is a great little vintage amp, even though it's solid state and I listed and sold it quickly with the Fender 2 Button Channel/Chorus Footswitch which is how is was meant to be packaged; a good day.