Fender Musical Instruments Corporation Fender 346 Guitar Picks Medium 6 Dozen Reviews

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation Fender 346 Guitar Picks Medium 6 Dozen

Free Shipping zZounds.com

Best for Pickin and Grinnin: Fender Guitar Picks

Feb 27, 2008

Pros:Solid quality, unique useful shape

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Fender, the guitar manufacturer, also makes what I consider the best guitar picks. Try these and see.

Fender Guitar Picks

These are the lowly celluloid picks that are used to play the guitar by people who use a pick.

Fender offers a wide variety of guitar picks of varying design, appearance, and thickness. When you start playing you should try several types and see which helps you play the best before you decide which you want to use as your regular pick.

When you start out playing with a pick, you might probably have a hard time holding solidly to the pick and keeping it straight in your grip. You might even have the pick fly out of your grip at times. Don't worry, practice makes perfect and you will soon have the hang of it.

This style here is the one I've been using for quite a few years. Whereas the typical guitar pick has a broad end and a single point at the opposite end, this pick has three symmetrical sides and presents a point at each apex. This shape has a couple of important advantages.

1. The pick always presents a pointed picking surface to play with even if the pick turns in your hand.

2. If you break a point, you can just turn the pick in your hand and have a new playing surface without ruining your performance.

These two features make this style Fender pick superior to the standard broad-pointed (heart-shaped) guitar pick with the single picking surface.

These picks are available in white (as shown) and in tortoise shell (mottled brown clear) and in three weights - thin, medium, and heavy. The picks are embossed with the distinctive Fender logo and the thickness. I use the medium thickness myself and like the white picks because if you put one down in a dark place you can find it again. I use any color though, because they are all good.

Celluloid is the premier pick material. Celluloid picks give the traditional feel, with a smooth striking surface and a warm, round musical tone. Thes...
zZounds.com

Classic Celluloid, White, Medium (346 Shape, 1/2 Gross)FeaturesGenuine Fender Picks346 ShapeHigh Quality