Fieldcrest Mattress Pad

A Fluffy Pillowtop Mattress Pad That's Better Than Memory Foam!

Apr 29, 2011 (Updated Apr 29, 2011)

Pros:Very lofty and soft, stays in place on our mattress

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: A luxurious mattress pad that gives a bed that pillow-top feel.

Our bed is several years old, and it has started to develop slight dips on both sides.  I spent $320 for a 3 inch memory foam mattress topper at Bed Bath & Beyond, but after a month it was like sleeping in a hammock.

After shopping and comparing prices at several different stores I ended up with the Fieldcrest Luxury Supreme Pillowtop Mattress Pad in the king size.  I purchased this at my local Target store for around $65.00.  Target has a nice in-store display so I could feel each mattress pad, which helped me in deciding to buy their most expensive "non-memory foam" topper.

We have had the Fieldcrest Luxury Supreme Pillowtop Mattress Pad on our bed for a while now, and we love it.  It is made from 400 count thread, which is nice, but since we always have sheets over it we really don't feel the softness of the cotton.

This pad fits mattresses up to 22" deep, so it works fairly well for pillow-top mattresses that are thicker than normal.  Actual dimensions are 78" by 80" by 15", and it is overfilled with hypoallergenic polyester with a 100% cotton top and polyester back.  There is a stretchy polyester skirt as well, which keeps the pad firmly on the mattress.

Before I put this on our bed I washed it in cold water and dried it on low heat.  It came out beautifully, but when I attempted to put it on our bed I couldn't tell which was the long side and which was the short side.  I actually got out my tape measure and both sides measured 80", so it really didn't matter which way it was put on the mattress.  (King size mattresses are almost square anyway, measuring 76" by 80").

The memory foam topper that I returned to Bed bath & Beyond didn't come to the edge of our bed (it was 3" short all the way around), but this topper actually extends over the edge of our mattress slightly, so it's a great fit.  This is a very lofty mattress pad!  The quilting is done in 8 1/2" squares, which helps to keep the padding from shifting, and it's nearly an inch thick!  Luxury Supreme is a perfect description for this mattress pad.

After using this pad we noticed a difference in our comfort level immediately.  I have leg and hip pain that presents in a burning type of nerve pain that makes it hard to get comfortable at night.  This pad really has helped me to get to sleep faster and sleep longer.

I love how the stretchy skirt hugs our mattress, and so far we have not had any issues with it sliding or shifting.  It provides just enough loft for added comfort, yet we don't feel where the square sections start or end.  Unlike the memory foam, which remembered our shapes all too well (it didn't spring back!), this has been fluffy night after night.

I am so glad that Target had all of their mattress pads on display because this one is head and shoulders above the other mattress pads in their store.  It is easily many times thicker than the others, and was well worth the $65 price tag.  It can be purchased for $54.00 at the online Target store, but you have to add in shipping costs.  Also, when ordering online you can't actually see and feel the mattress pad.

The Fieldcrest Luxury Supreme Pillowtop Mattress Pad is worth checking out.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  It can be machine washed and tumble dried.

Special thanks to our H&G Lead, dlstewart, for adding this product for me.

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - Queen

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - Queen

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Fieldcrest luxury function mattress pad - queen

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - King

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - King

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Fieldcrest luxury function mattress pad - king

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - Twin

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - Twin

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Fieldcrest luxury function mattress pad - twin

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - Full

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - Full

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Fieldcrest luxury function mattress pad - full

Fieldcrest Luxury Comfort Mattress Pad - Twin

Fieldcrest Luxury Comfort Mattress Pad - Twin

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Fieldcrest luxury comfort mattress pad - twin

Fieldcrest® Luxury 3 Memory Foam Mattress Topper

Fieldcrest® Luxury 3 Memory Foam Mattress Topper

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Fieldcrest Luxury 3 Memory Foam Mattress Topper Get a good night s sleep with a luxury memory foam matt...

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - California King

Fieldcrest Luxury Function Mattress Pad - California King

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Fieldcrest luxury function mattress pad - california king

Fieldcrest Luxury Geometric Comforter

Fieldcrest Luxury Geometric Comforter

Find bedspreads, comforters and bedding coordinates at Target.com! The fieldcrest, luxury geometric comforter will add simple sophistication and style...

Fieldcrest® Luxury Solid Bath Towels

Fieldcrest® Luxury Solid Bath Towels

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Fieldcrest Luxury Solid Bath Towels Feel luxury everyday with a Fieldcrest bath towel. Plush terry clot...

Fieldcrest Luxury Memory Fiber Mattress Topper - White

Fieldcrest Luxury Memory Fiber Mattress Topper - White

Find bed protection and mattress toppers at Target.com! Maximum comfort will be yours with the fieldcrest luxury memory fiber mattress topper - white....