Finesse Conditioner Moisturizing

Definitely for everyday use

Nov 13, 2006

Pros:shiny! makes my fine, dry hair manageable. Shiny and bouncy!

Cons:expensive, but worth it, some problems with the cap, hard to rinse out

The Bottom Line: a great product that really improves my dry, fine hair and makes it shiny, manageable and bouncy -- and shiny!

Definitely for everyday use -- Review of Finesse Conditioner

I’ve found that I can get away with most cheap shampoos, if I have the best possible conditioner for my hair. Finesse is one of the best.

Shiny!

All my life, I’ve suffered from dry skin and dry, fly-away hair, plus split ends. Thus, I must have an excellent moisturizing conditioner to follow the shampoo.

Finesse conditioner does an excellent job, and I use it regularly. Sometimes I start with Finesse shampoo, but more often I use a harsher shampoo and then follow it with the gentle, luxurious Finesse conditioner to make my hair soft, shiny and relatively tangle-free.

The cheaper brands of conditioner tend to make my hair limp and dull, almost as if I had sprayed on a coating of car wax. Finesse, on the other hand, makes my hair look clean, shiny and bouncy.

No Right Fit for My Hair

What is it with shampoo and conditioner makers, that they always assume that people with fine hair need to add body to their hair? And, conversely, that people with coarse hair don’t need to add body? I know several people with coarse hair who do need to add body to their sparse head coverage.

My hair is spider-web fine, but I have tons of it, and I don’t need to add body. It’s even naturally curly when cut short, and wavy when grown long. But it is also very, very dry.

So I use the Finesse that’s made for dry, coarse hair. It works. I’ve tried the kind that adds body to fine hair, but I don’t like the results. It makes my hair indescribably, well, puffy. My hair already has all the body that it needs, thank you very much.

My Experience

Package

Finesse comes in a plastic bottle that sits pretty securely on my shower shelf. Unlike some of those skinny bottles that other brands use, this one has a fairly secure and flat base. The top has a lid that you do not remove. Instead, you push one side of the lid, and the other side pops up. If that should fail, as sometimes happens, you can unscrew the whole lid and take it off. The small hole inside the cap sometimes gets clogged because the conditioner tends to dry up inside it. The shampoo sometimes clogs its lid, but the conditioner seems to be more likely to do that. I use a kitchen skewer to unclog it when that happens.

Using Finesse conditioner

Just tip the bottle at about a 45-degree downward angle, and gently squeeze. I’ve made the mistake of turning it completely upside-down, giving it a vigorous shake, and then finding conditioner all over the floor -- and the walls – and me! It does come out fairly easily, even though it’s sort of fluffy and not a thin liquid.

I’ve found that I need to use a bit less of Finesse than I do of other brands. I cup my hand and fill it with about half an ounce of the product. Then I rub it into my wet hair and massage those moisturizers and conditioners into my dry scalp. It’s almost like getting a scalp massage, except that I’m doing all of the work, myself.

Rinsing takes a bit longer with Finesse than with some other brands. That’s probably because of all those moisturizers. I’ve noticed the same problem with the other kinds of Finesse, the Enhancing and the Color Care.

It has a light, flowery fragrance that doesn’t bother me, and it seems to rinse out of my hair, so it doesn’t interfere with the perfumes that I actually want to wear.

Price

I honestly don’t remember what I paid for the conditioner, but when I’m in the store, I always gaze wistfully at the cheaper brands. Finesse does cost considerably more than the store brand, generic, etc. Even so, I believe that it’s worth it, since it works so well.

Ingredients

Water is the first ingredient. That always seems to be the case with shampoos, conditioners and household cleaning products. The other ingredients begin with Cetearyl Alcohol and Cyclopentasiloxane. Never mind. I suspect that the alcohol is a drying agent, but I have no idea what that cyclo-whatever might be. It does have silk powder and hydrolyzed soy protein. Those are good stuff, at least according to the manufacturer (Helen Curtis/Unilever). It contains all kinds of chemicals with 10-dollar names. Way down near the bottom of the list, I see citric acid and glycerin. Those are probably okay.

Web Site

www.finessehaircare.com

Here are the descriptions of the different kinds of Finesse conditioner, taken from the web site:

"Finesse BeautiFULL Volume Shampoo and Conditioner leave fine, flat hair
up to 5 times fuller and thicker. Our lightweight silk and soy protein
formula smoothes and strengthens every strand -- without weighing it
down -- for renewed life, body and bounce that’s a cinch to style. Viva
la volume!"

"Bye-bye, brittle. Dry, fragile hair turns super soft and manageable
with Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner. Our exclusive silk and soy
protein formula smoothes and improves the cuticle, leaving every strand
lustrously shiny and strong."

"Keep healthy hair in tip-top shape. The silk and soy protein formula
used in Finesse Enhancing Conditioner smoothes and strengthens the
cuticle of every strand, keeping your hair manageable and radiant."

"Now with 50% more color protectants*! Finesse Color Care Conditioner
fights fade with UV protectants and anti-oxidants, while its silk and
soy protein formula restores the cuticle to seal color in tight.
Hydrating moisturizers infuse rich and radiant shine, making you one
very bright woman."

Closing Thoughts

Overall, I believe that Finesse conditioner is a good value for the money. I use it every day, even though it costs more than generic and store–brand conditioners. Besides, I need less of it, so the Finesse lasts a little longer than the cheaper kinds, and I can save money on the shampoo by using cheaper brands. Moreover, I just love having the luxury of a good moisturizing conditioner, and I just love shiny hair!

Thanx for stopping by and reading!

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing For Dry, Coarse Hair - 24 Oz

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing For Dry, Coarse Hair - 24 Oz

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing For Dry, Coarse Hair - 24 oz

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 24 oz

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 24 oz

Breathe new life into stressed tresses with Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner. This rich, moisturizing treatment is designed specifically for dry, coar...

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner - 13 oz
Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing For Dry, Coarse Hair - 24 Oz (3 Pack)

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing For Dry, Coarse Hair - 24 Oz (3 Pack)

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing For Dry, Coarse Hair - 24 oz (3 Pack)

Finesse Self Adjusting, 2 in, 1 Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner, 24 fl oz

Finesse Self Adjusting, 2 in, 1 Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner, 24 fl oz

Finesse Self Adjusting 2 in 1 Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner's formula contains silk and soy proteins that protect the hair shaft with a coat of c...

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 13 Oz

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 13 Oz

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 13 oz

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing 24 Fl Oz (710 Ml)

Finesse Conditioner, Moisturizing 24 Fl Oz (710 Ml)

--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

(4) Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner Active Proteins 13 Oz Each

(4) Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner Active Proteins 13 Oz Each

(4) Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner Active Proteins 13 oz Each All items ship within 24 hours Please email us with any questions!

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 13 Oz (3 Pack)

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 13 Oz (3 Pack)

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner, 13 oz (3 Pack)