Assembly Required but Worth IT

Mar 2, 2008 (Updated Mar 2, 2008)

Pros:Easy for small hands to make it work.

Cons:Assembly can be difficult

The Bottom Line: My cousin loved this gift for his birthday. Assembly was difficult but in the end it was worth it.

The Fisher Price Shake and Go Track is the newest in car racing. You will no longer have the smell of cars that drive around the metal tracks, sparks as your child drives the cars, or cars that are small and will get lost. This track is perfect for little hands and the best part no hard instructions to make the cars work just shake. When you shake the car it will race along the track. If you want the car to race around the track for a longer time, just shake more. If your child has trouble shaking the car there is a small button on the underside of the car that they can repeatedly push to get the same effect.
This was the hit of my cousin’s birthday party once we got it put together. I must say that the assembly of the track was not an easy process. The instructions that came with it were not clear so we used the picture from the box to piece it together. Make sure that all pieces are securely fastened together. The racetrack also comes with small screws so that you may secure all pieces together. The best part of this track is that you can send two cars in different directions or you can put them on the same track and have them crash. The track has two yellow ramps which add extra excitement for the cars. One ramp will make the cars jump from one side of the track to the other. The second ramp will lift up as the car touches it and the car will go between the ramp and the track. My cousin didn’t notice any of his other presents because he was so excited about the race track. He is three and this was the perfect gift for him, he loves cars and it was easy for him to do on his own.
If you want more race cars they also sell other shake and go vehicles. I purchased min e on sale at Target for $35.99. This included the Shake and Go track and two shake and go cars.