Click to see larger image
Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Highchair
9 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating:
LOVE this highchair!
Jun 12, 2004 (Updated Jun 13, 2004)
Review by oneblueonepink
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Vinyl pad, wheels, one hand release tray, 7 height adjustments, 3recline positions, folds, 5point harness
Cons:So far I haven't discovered anything that I would consider a con. I'm totally satisfied.
The Bottom Line: I think that this is one of the best highchairs out there. You get all of the features for a great price (especially if you find it on sale).
This is my second highchair. The first one I bought was 2 years ago for my son. It was the Evenflo Simplicity highchair which I think was the worst one out there (it was the old one - they have since changed the model). I didn't research before hand and wasted my time and money. My kids didn't fit into it. The tray was up to their necks and there was a foot of space all around them. I tolerated it until my second child fell out of it. (She could easily stand up in it with all that wide open space around her)
Recommend this product?
The next day I sent it off to a second hand store and began my search for highchair #2. I had narrowed it down between the Fisher Price Deluxe Healthy Care and the Baby Trend. The features that I was determined I was going to find all in one highchair was met by the Fisher Price. I wanted my child to fit in it (so she came along), vinyl pad, wheels, recline, height adjustment, 5 point harness (she's a squirmer), and that it folded away.
Highchairs have certainly changed in the last 2 years, now they all have removable feeding trays. Great feature.
1. The seat - My daughter is 16 months and 20 pounds so she is on the small side. She fits great and there is a T bar so she doesn't fall out. The tray slides right tight against your child which is great!. You want it to be snug so that food has less of a chance of finding it's way off the tray. It has a 5 point harness (really easy to adjust) which some people might find too much, but every child is different and if you want this highchair for more than one child - cover all your bases! My son sat great - no problems - my daughter is another story. The pad is vinyl. You can wipe it down and in cases it gets really dirty it is machine washable. I don't know about you, but I don't have enough time in my day to be washing a cloth pad every night. (This was one of the reasons I didn't choose the Baby Trend one) Super easy to clean, not a lot of places for food to hide.
It's also really easy to remove for cleaning as it has velcro tabs which reach around the side and underneath for sticking it in place and it stays in place.
2. 7 Height adjustments and 3 recline positions- The recline is what you need for infant feedings (the handle you squeeze at the top of the seat) and the height adjustment (slides smoothly) is perfect for different table heights when they are older and want to join you at the table. I really like this because in summer we eat outside on our patio set which is lower than our dining room table.
3. Wheels - This was big for me. We don't have a huge kitchen so it's great to wheel her to the table for eating and then wheel it into a corner when it is not in use. This isn't a huge highchair so it's not this massive beast that you have to haul around. It moves very easily and the stops you flick with your toes easily.
4. Folds - I never really fold up my highchair, but this goes quite compact. You lower the seat down as low as it goes and there are 2 buttons on each leg you push to fold it. The only beef with this is that it doesn't stand by itself once it is folded. You have to prop it up against something, but if you are storing it in a closet chances are it is leaning against something anyways.
5. The tray - This tray has 2 ways to release it. There is the one hand in front of the tray (you have to have your hand on top of the tray and then push the button with your thumb to remove it rather than it having a lever under the tray that you would pull with your fingers) and then you have levers on each side of the tray that you use both hands for. I like having both. It seems easier to adjust how close you want the tray to your child with the 2 handed one and when your are putting your child in you always seem just to have one hand available so the one hand release is great. Another great feature about this tray is that it comes with 3 removable feeding trays. Some people might find this too much, but not in this household. My husband has an aversion to leftover highchair food so this is his dream come true. They are big enough to contain the mess and have dividers and are easy to remove. They can only be removed from the front so your child can't flip them off. You put it in the dishwasher and pull out a clean one and snap it on. The trays fit easily in the dishwasher, but you have to find a space to store the spare ones. They have to be easy to reach, but out of sight. The big tray can be stored on the back of the highchair when it's not in use.
My chair came with 2 toys - one that attaches to the chair. I think this is a great idea. My daughter is too old though so it makes no difference right now. Maybe for our next one. It also came with a removable support cushion for your infant's head. Again, I haven't the chance to try that, but what a great idea! I have also read that some come with a jar holder attachment. Mine didn't so I can't comment about that.
The chair came unassembled. I thought it was pretty easy to put together - really just a few screws and fitting pieces together. I think it took me 30 minutes at most.
This highchair has a lot to offer considering what you pay. It's certainly comparable feature wise to the higher end highchairs. In my mind is was worth every penny (although my husband prefers to differ ;))
I think it only comes in one pattern which is beige and navy plaid, at least that is what mine is and the pad has a ruffle which I could do without. I bought mine at Sears in Canada and I really lucked out. I guess they can't keep them in stock and I came on the day they received shipment. They are about $175. I paid $155 CND because I got it on sale.
Read all comments (2)
Share this product review with your friends
The Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster is a portable, folding booster seat. It keeps baby's feeding surface clean and sanitized and has the features th...
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster SeatComfortably feed your baby in any room of your home with the portable Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Bo...
Find a baby high chair at Target.com! The fisher-price healthy care deluxe booster seat lets your 1 year old to 45-pound toddler enjoy meals with the ...
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat (Maroon) Features of Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat (Maroon)Healthy CareTM feeding tray w...
The Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat has a feeding tray you can sanitize right in the dishwasher. With the snap-on lid in place, the tray...
The Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat has a feeding tray you can sanitize right in the dishwasher. With the snap-on lid in place, the tray will stay cl...
Great price, reliable service! Buy with confidence!This auction is for a brand new, factory sealed amp;amp;lt;span id=btChildAsinTitleamp;amp;gt;Fishe...
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster - Brown/Tan The Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster seat is a portable, folding booster seat that helps mom kee...
Find a baby high chair at Target.com! Convenient and comfortable, this fisher-price healthy care deluxe booster seat has a feeding tray that you can s...
happitail Store Quality products at affordable prices. Check out our feedbacks and buy with confidence! Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat ...