Fisher & Paykel EcoSmart GWL15 Washing Machine Reviews

DO NOT BUY

Jul 26, 2011
Not yet rated
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Cons:Doesn't clean well. Uses minimal water, however you'll far outspend in repairs vs water savings!

The Bottom Line: Do Not Buy. Doesnt Last, expensive to repair. Not many techs work on this brand. Doesn't clean well. What $$ u save in water, you'll spend much more in repairs!

Had this washing machine for 3 yrs, 9 mo and kept in excellent condition. Yes, I ran the recommended cleaning maintenance cycle on the washer on a regular basis like manufacturer suggests. We're a Family of Four.
Washing machine was making a horrible loud cement mixer type sound and wasn't draining water properly. Diagnosed by Authorized Fisher Paykel service repair as having a Bad Drain. With part, Labor, service call spent $383.00 to fix. This does not include my cost of $55.00 in trips to laundry mat during the 7 day period of not having washing machine.

Just over 6 weeks later washing machine making same loud cement mixer type sound again and not draining water properly. Contacted Fisher Paykel and they will NOT help me! Authorized Fisher paykal repair company wants another $136.00 service fee to come back to my home. Fisher Paykel won't absorb cost. Labor only guaranteed for 30 days by their repair people. As of July 26, 2011 I'm 19 days over the 30 day mark. Here's the real kicker. As of July 19th we were away on vacation and didn't return till late evening of July 25th. So really I'm 12 days past their 30 day mark for labor warranty, And yes, have the airline ticket receipt/cruise documents to prove that we were away on vacation.

New drain pump warrantied for 1 year, however labor/service fee is not covered and has to be paid by me!!!  As of 6 weeks ago, I've spent $433.00 if you include laundry mat cost. If I proceed this time and have service techs come back, the dollar amount will exceed at least $619.00. including additional costs to laundry mat. Fisher Paykel customer service is located in New Zealand so when I call from U.S. EST 8am, its midnight their time. Woman I spoke w/sounded as if she was ready to fall asleep. DO NOT BUY FISHER PAYKEL!!! Very few service techs actually work on their product and company doesn't stand behind their product. They're supposed to be a top of the line, my washer is garbage, it shouldn't be falling apart and costing this type of money to fix after less than 4 years of usage. After incurring these type of repair costs and it seems to be ongoing, I could have purchased a brand new washer!

Fisher & Paykel White Top Loading Washer - WA4127G1

Fisher & Paykel White Top Loading Washer - WA4127G1

SmartDrive Technology/ SmartTouch Control Panel/ Large 22 Lbs Capacity/ Eco-Active Boosts Soil Removal While Saving Energy/ Robust Construction/ Flexi...
Abt Electronics

Fisher & Paykel White Top Loading Washer - WL4227P1

Fisher & Paykel White Top Loading Washer - WL4227P1

4.2 Cu Ft Capacity/ 22 Lbs Capacity/ SmartDrive Technology/ SmartTouch Control Panel/ 12 Pre-Programmed Cycles/ Eco-Active Boosts/ Energy Star Qualifi...
Abt Electronics