Fisherman's Friend Lozenges

Fisherman's Friend Lozenges, Fast Relief For Sore Throats And Coughs

Nov 8, 2005

Pros:Works quickly to suppress coughs and sooths throat.

Cons:Hard to find in stores.

The Bottom Line: This is a strong menthol action throat lozenge...be ready for it!

With the recent temperature change and everyone in my house getting sick we have been trying to find something to cure the lingering hacking cough that keeps you awake at night. This seems to be the only symptom left...a nagging cough that mainly appears at night when you lay down. I decided to stray from the usual Halls Cough Drops and try something different. The product I picked up was Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges in a trial pack.

Just For Fishermen?

Unlike the name implies, this is not a product just for fishermen! The package has a picture of a fishing vessel on it which I assume is the product logo. The lozenges contain menthol and are recommended for use as a cough suppressant and oral anesthetic due to common colds. The remarkable thing about these lozenges are that they contain no artificial flavors or ingredients. It is also certified kosher.

This product is recommended for ages 2 to adult, although I couldn't imagine giving a 2 yr. old a throat lozenge that could easily be swallowed and be a choking hazard. The flavor is also very strong for young children. I did notice that the regular size package I just purchased says recommended for ages 5 and up. Either a contradiction here or old packaging for the trial size I first purchased.

Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges come in a 38 ct. box for $2.99.

Each lozenge of Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges contain 4 calories.

Fisherman's Friend Lozenges are available in the following flavors:

Original Extra Strong
Sugar Free Refreshing Mint
Sugar Free Apple/Cinnamon
Low Sugar Cherry

Ingredients

Active: Menthol 10 mg.

Inactive: Natural Licorice, Eucalyptus Oil, Capsicum, Sugar, Dextrin and Tragacanth.

Directions For Use

Take one tablet dissolved slowly. Dosage can be repeated very hour as needed for coughs and every 2 hours for sore throat.

My Thoughts On Fisherman's Lozenges

I found that Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges worked pretty good. They have a very strong menthol action that will calm any coughs very quickly. They are also great for soothing the throat either from a sore throat or any irritation from talking too much or dryness.

The one drawback is that this product is hard to find in stores. I did find them locally at Albertson's after a search online for a distributor. CVS also carries them.

I would recommend this product for adults only because of the strong flavor. I couldn't imagine a child liking this product.

Product Warnings

It is advised to not exceed recommended dose. However, a limit is not expressed on the package other than one tablet/lozenge per hour for coughs and one every two hours for sore throats. Seek medical attention if condition persists for more than one week.

Keep out of reach of children and pets!

Company Information

Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges are manufactured by Fleetwood, Ltd., Lancs, England and distributed in the USA by:

Pez Candy Inc.
35 Prindle Hill Road
Orange, CT 06477

Website: www.fishermansfriend.com

Final Thoughts And Recommendation

I recommend Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges for adults. The product works very well to suppress coughs. The flavor, however, is strong and not for the mild mannered in flavor likings. Give them a try if you are tired of other brands and flavors on the market. I give Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Lozenges 4.5 Stars.

© 2005 Birdfeather

Fishermans Friend - Original Extra Strong (12 Bags of 40 Lozenges) by Fisherman's Friend

Fisherman's Friend Lozenges are renowned around the world. Discover Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenge's power...
4AllVitamins

Fisherman's Friend Sugar-Free Lozenges - Mint - Model 68617 - Bag of 20

Fisherman's Friend Sugar-Free Lozenges - Mint - Model 68617 - Bag of 20

This is for the 'Mint' ONLY! It may differ from the image shown in size, color, shape, etc. It may also be a replacement part for the 'Fisherman's Fri...
Fisherman's Friend - Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges Original Extra Strong - 20 Lozenges

Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges - 20 Lozenges Fisherman's Friend Lozenges are renowned around the world. D...
LuckyVitamin.com

Fisherman's Friend Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges 38 Lozenges

Fisherman's Friend Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges 38 Lozenges

Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges 38 Lozenges - Fisherman's Friend Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges are the original extra strong, all natural way ...
Swanson Health Products

Fisherman's Friend - Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges Original Extra Strong 2 Pack - 40 Lozenges

Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Menthol Cough Suppressant Lozenges - 2 x 20 Lozenges Fisherman's Friend Lozenges are renowned around the worl...
LuckyVitamin.com

Fisherman's Friend Sugar Free Lemon Lozenges, 25g Sachet (Pack of 12)

Fisherman's Friend Sugar Free Lemon Lozenges, 25g Sachet (Pack of 12)

Features: 100% Original imported 100% Quality Guaranty 100% Confidence Guaranty 100% Directly Delivery Guaranty 100% Health Guaranty
Fisherman's Friend Sugar Free Strong Mint Lozenges, 25g Sachet (Pack of 3)

Fisherman's Friend Sugar Free Strong Mint Lozenges, 25g Sachet (Pack of 3)

Features: 100% Original imported 100% Quality Guaranty 100% Confidence Guaranty 100% Directly Delivery Guaranty 100% Useful
FISHER MANS FRIEND mint lozenges (25 g)

FISHER MANS FRIEND mint lozenges (25 g)

New, original box, from our pharmacy!
FISHER MANS FRIEND Eucalyptus lozenges with sugar (25 g)

FISHER MANS FRIEND Eucalyptus lozenges with sugar (25 g)

New, original box, from our pharmacy!
Original Extra Strong Cough Suppressant Lozenges, 40-Count Bags (Pack of 12)

Original Extra Strong Cough Suppressant Lozenges, 40-Count Bags (Pack of 12)

Features: 12 packs of 40 Lozenges - 2 Convenient Packs of 20 Each Temporarily relieves occasional minor sore throat pain and cough due to minor throat...