Fiskars Bulb Transplanter #7983 (79836935) Reviews

Fiskars Bulb Transplanter #7983 (79836935)

GARDEN: Fiskars Brand Bulb D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter

Apr 10, 2010 (Updated Apr 10, 2010)

Pros:sturdy, easy to use, fits my arthritic hand

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Easy to use; it is just a quick squeeze of the bright orange handle and the soil core is dropped.

Fiskars Brand Bulb D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter #7983, Product ID 71326266 is a spring loaded handle making for quick release and easier bulb planting.

What a nice innovation, always before as I tried using my bulb planting device I have had to use an old hammer handle to force the dratted mud brought up by the 2.25 inch tube.  Now it is just a quick squeeze of the bright orange handle; the soil core is dropped.  Amazingly even the thick muck that passes for soil here in my Oklahoma purported yard is pretty easily removed.

In addition to my Fiskars Brand Bulb Planter/Transplanter have had other short bulb planter devices; they all function in the same manner.  The blade is placed upon soil where the bulb planting hole is needed, grasp handle at the top of the device, thrust the apparatus into soil, push to depth needed for the particular bulb, turn the appliance, bring the plug of soil out of the aperture formed.  As a rule loose; loam plugs are easily tapped out of the tube, clayey muck is not.

I find utilizing - made for the purpose - D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter Bulb Planters make bulb planting work go more rapidly, and easier with less strain than trying to hack out a planting hole while using a garden trowel or shovel in clay mud, hard packed clay or lawn type grasses.  Conditional upon what type bulb, whether tulip, crocus, daffodil, or other, is going to be placed into the planting cavity; depth the Bulb Planter will need to be plunged will vary. Bulbs and cultivars rising from will commonly need a deeper planting hole than the furrow formed when planting seeds.

Marked with depth gradations, Fiskars Brand Bulb Planter/Transplanter features a 2.25 inch diameter steel body having Vee shape, sharp cutting edge and spring loaded D type handle for simplified plug removal.

Super for bulb planting; my bulb planter measures just under 9 inches in length, corrosion resistant steel tube having notched, sharp biting edge and formed, all in one, not welded on, upright lengths for handle attaching.  The trademark Fiskars orange poly handle is split with the straight narrow portion meant to fit within the larger circumference portion during the plug removal.  Three bumps placed at the underside of the D handle along with matte finish assure firm grasp during usage.

I have long believed nothing cheers up an uninspiring, jaded winter panorama as does a sweeping array of colorful daffodils, narcissus, tulips or other spring bearing blooms. The naturalizing characteristic of bulbs means that once the bulbs are placed growth, proliferation and appearance of nodding blossoms filling nooks and crannies in yards does wonders to bring pleasure during the last several weeks as winter wanes into a bright hope filled spring promising optimism, pleasure and new beginnings.

No need to worry should naturalized bulbs suddenly begin appearing in the middle of mowing areas; as a rule, hit and miss emergence of spring bulbs takes place prior to the mowing season.  Daffodils and their cousins have come and gone before grass really begins to revive.

I find having long and short bulb planters to be more practical for my needs. Husband continues to use both my Ames' True Temper D Handle Bulb Planter as well as the long handle planter.  He does not yet trust the split, spring action handle.  I have no such worry even after a season of bulb placing.

I have taken one versatile, multipurpose Fiskars Brand D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter to school for Osage County First Grade Gardening purpose, I use it, and I have another Fiskars Brand D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter in my own bucket of gardening tools for home usage.

Happy to recommend Fiskars Brand D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter #7983

NOTE:  as do most Fiskars Brand devices, this Fiskars Brand D Handle Bulb Planter/Transplanter carries a limited lifetime warranty.

=========================
 MORE FISKARS

MORE GARDEN

BULBS
===========================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly martin
===========================
For Product Details and Shipping Information please check the SEE IT BUTTON and vendor links.

------------------------------------------
From the Fiskars site: Twelve PowerGear® garden tools have been awarded the Ease-of-Use Commendation by the Arthritis Foundation® after rigorous testing by an independent lab. These tools are ideal for people who do large-scale pruning
as well as those who suffer from arthritis, rheumatism, carpal tunnel syndrome. Or, if you're like us, and just want to prune without strain or pain.

Fiskars Gardening
780 Carolina Street
Sauk City, WI 53583, USA

Fiskars Bulb Transplanter (7983)

Product Information: The smart design of this compact tool makes bulb planting easy. A spring-loaded handle releases bulbs for planting and provides e...
Fiskars 7983 Bulb Garden Dig Transplanter Gardening Tool Free Shipping

Fiskars 7983 Bulb Garden Dig Transplanter Gardening Tool Free Shipping

PRODUCT FEATURES: Ideal for bulb planting Easy spring-loaded working action Steel body construction Gradation marks for easy depth management Cuts 2-1...

Fiskars Incorporated Softouch Transplanter (Set of 6) 70636935

Fiskars Incorporated Softouch Transplanter (Set of 6) 70636935

Fiskars Incorporated 70636935 Features: -Transplanter.-Hang hole for easy storage.-Comfortable softouch handle.-Sharp blade cuts through the ground ea...
Wayfair

Fiskars Incorporated Big Grip Transplanter (Set of 4) 70746935A

Fiskars Incorporated Big Grip Transplanter (Set of 4) 70746935A

Fiskars Incorporated 70746935A Features: -Transplanter.-Large hang hole for easy storage.-Graduation marks for easy depth measurement.-Large and soft ...
Wayfair

Fiskars Ergo Transplanter

Fiskars Ergo Transplanter

Find yard and garden hand tools at Target.com! Fiskars ergo transplanter

Fiskars 7074 Biggrip Gardening Transplanter Tool With Soft-molded Grip

Fiskars 7074 Biggrip Gardening Transplanter Tool With Soft-molded Grip

Untitled Document Product Name: Fiskars 7074 BigGrip Gardening Transplanter Tool with Soft-Molded Grip Includes: 7074 BigGrip Gardening Transplanter T...

Gardening Hand Tools 3 Piece Kit With Fiskars Trowel Transplanter Cultivator

Gardening Hand Tools 3 Piece Kit With Fiskars Trowel Transplanter Cultivator

New Gardening Hand Tools 3 piece Kit with Fiskars Trowel Transplanter Cultivator Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Features Short-handl...