Fiskars Softouch Swivel Grass Shears #9215 (410270) Reviews

Fiskars Softouch Swivel Grass Shears #9215 (410270)

+$5.99 shipping Home Depot
+$4.99 shipping Wayfair

Fiskars Softouch Swivel Grass Shears

Jun 1, 2009

Pros:Light weight, sturdy garden shears

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Fiskars has been recognized by the Arthritis Foundation® for their work to provide tools for those having arthritis, carpal tunnel and rheumatism

Fiskars Softouch Swivel Grass Shears having soft hard-wearing grips placed atop a molded Nyglass handle provides lightweight and exceptional durability.

Nyglass is a patented composite material designed to provide lightweight coupled with durability to provide a highly usable garden shear having smooth moving sharp cutting blades along with a comfortable holding handle.  Nyglass, a Fiskars staple used to generate many of their products is a hardwearing nylon/fiberglass combination.  As one side effect of arthritis; My hands do get tired when gardening tools are pretty heavy.

Blades presented by my Fiskars Softouch Swivel Grass Shears are a hefty 5 inches  length of precision ground carbon steel, don't understand precisely the technicalities of that, however, the blades are sharp and cut, that is what I want.  Weight of this Fiskar shear is less than a pound, good for me with my lessened strength in hands and wrists.  I can clip grass for a longer period and experience less discomfort than when I am using another, heavier type cutter.

The loop style handle is designed to protect fingers, which it does, however, I choose these types handles for the reason that they are more comfortable to my hands which in addition to the arthritis are smaller than are those of many adults.

Manual swivel type shears are very good for the gardening trimming jobs I face in my too large yard filled with pervasive pasture grass along with other grasses, little of which is actually lawn type grasses which surround, invade and crowd my many planting pockets, beds and homes for Iris, Lilies, and other flowering plants.

I like the swivel head feature found when using my Fiskars Grass Shears; the swivel head permits me to trim grasses and unwanted vegetation both parallel with the edging border or for carrying out a perpendicular trim with equivalent ease.  The blades can be rotated a full 180 which makes them dandy when trimming near large tree trunks, or along sidewalks.

When I can whack through the swathes of heavy, thick stemmed mounding pasture type grasses which continually crawl toward and into my flower beds, I know the Fiskar Shears in my hand are doing what I want them to do.

I have a number of Fiskars tools and find them to be usable, functional, well made and carry a limited Lifetime warranty.  As a rule I buy Fiskars from our local brick and mortar big box stores having garden centers.  To date I have not had reason to return any of my Fiskars tools for warranty replacement.  Should that need arise I have no doubt that the tool will be replaced per the warranty.

Fiskars are available online from a variety of sites as well as from garden centers.

Grass shears having an arthritic easy hold are an exceptional find for those of us who enjoy gardening, and do have arthritis.   I am very pleased that Fiskars has been recognized by the Arthritis Foundation® for their work to provide tools for those having arthritis, carpal tunnel and rheumatism.  Happy to recommend Fiskars Softouch Swivel Grass Shears

===========================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly martin
===========================

Product details
lightweight

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the Unbeatable Sales , Buy.com and  AMAZON SEE IT button

--------------------------------------------------

From the Fiskars site: The Fiskars Corporation is a metal and consumer brands company founded in 1649 at Fiskars Bruk, Finland. Fiskars in the United States has long been recognized for axe heads, scissors, and high-quality knives.

As a manufacturer of garden tools, craft tools, school products, and home and office supplies Fiskars has enjoyed a long and varied history. Fiskars Corporation, a holding company, provides jobs for over 4,300 employees worldwide. Many Fiskars employees work in offices overseeing Fiskars' operation in the country or region which they serve.

The countries and regions where Fiskars employees may be found include: Asia, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, UK, and USA.  Fiskars has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, China, as well as other locations.

Twelve PowerGear® garden tools have been awarded the Ease-of-Use Commendation by the Arthritis Foundation® after rigorous testing by an independent lab. These tools are ideal for people who do large-scale pruning
as well as those who suffer from arthritis, rheumatism, carpal tunnel syndrome. Or, if you're like us, and just want to prune without strain or pain.

Fiskars Corporation

Madison, WI 53718, USA

Fiskars Gardening
780 Carolina Street
Sauk City, WI 53583, USA

Shop for Garden Center at The Home Depot. A combination of unique features make our Softouch Grass Shears easier to use and more effective than other ...
Home Depot

Fiskars 9215 Softouch Swivel Grass Shears
Fiskars Incorporated 92156935A Features: -Grass shear.-Soft touch handle reduces hand stress.-Cutting head rotates 360 for easy trimming at any angle...
Wayfair