Fletcher's Castoria the Children's Laxative 2.5 Fl.oz

Too Much Candy and No Way to Go?

Nov 2, 2007 (Updated Nov 3, 2007)

Pros:Tastes good, works quickly

Cons:Expensive

The Bottom Line: When your kids can't go Fletcher's Castoria can help.

We have all had that feeling of being, "irregular, a little out of balance." But it is worse when it happens to your kids. Every once in a while, especially if they eat more treats than usual, they sometimes need a little help in the form of Fletcher's Castoria Children's Laxative.

That Brown Bottle
The 2.5 oz glass bottle of liquid contains 33.3 mg/ml of senna concentrate, which is a stimulant laxative and is recommended for the relief of occasional constipation. Shake well and give children 2-6 1-2 teaspoons once or twice a day, while children 6-15 can take 2-3 teaspoons once or twice a day. According to the box it generally causes a bowel movement in 6-12 hours.

Our Experience - Otherwise Known as Don't Leave Home!
When my pediatrician recommended Fletcher's Castoria for the first time I was worried about how I could get my oldest, then 3 to take it. I imagined scenes out of The Little Rascals where the children were forced to take Castor Oil. I needn't have been concerned, as Fletcher's Laxative tastes like a very strong root beer barrel. The sweet flavor masks any medicine flavor and none of my children have ever made a fuss over taking it.

And then the waiting begins. Fortunately for us, in the half a dozen or so times I have given my kids Fletcher's Castoria, it has had the desired effect in about an hour. The kids seem to feel almost immediately better and there don't seem to be any long lasting effects, beyond the initial help it gives them. I always give them the smallest dose for their age and that seems to do the trick without being overstimulating and causing cramps or swinging too far in the opposite direction. Constipation isn't one of those topics we like to talk about, or even think about, so for my kids I just let Fletcher's Castoria take care of the problem.

This review is brought to you by Lean-n-Mean VI and EpiWriMo

How to be Vegan by Elizabeth Castoria

How to be Vegan by Elizabeth Castoria

Free Delivery Worldwide : How to be Vegan : Paperback : ARTISAN : 9781579655556 : 1579655556 : 01 May 2014 : Presented in concise, practical easy-to-r...
BookDepository.com