Flex-A-Min Maximum Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm Tablets

Painful Joints? Flex-A-Min With Glucosamine, Chondroitin MSM Tablets

Sep 17, 2006 (Updated Mar 26, 2009)

Pros:Alleviates joint pain!

Cons:Not for everyone; read the warnings, and be aware of possible side effects

The Bottom Line: Read the warnings carefully. Having said that this great supplement can eliminate most of your knee and other joint pain and make your life much more enjoyable

If you have arthritis or painful joints for any reason you should seriously think about taking a combination of Glucosamine, Chondroitin MSM to help alleviate your pain. Having said that, these supplements will not alleviate your pain instantly. It will take upwards of a month.

While I am not super athletically inclined, I do walk my dogs about a mile or 2 daily, and also run in the shallow end of the pool for at least a mile every weekend. My chondromalacia (pre-arthritic knee condition) caused my knees to hurt while trying to be active, and I have frequent lower back pain. I've tried a few different products containing these supplements, and Flex-A-Min seems to be the best I've found so far. After using this product for just 6 weeks or so, I found my knee and lower back pain to be about 98% gone.

Manufacturer claims:

Over time, Flex-A-Min Maximum Strength can help cushion your joints by providing the lubrication necessary to support comfortable movement and range of motion for an active lifestyle.

Soothes Achy Joints

Glucosamine HCL- Glucosamine Hydrochloride or HCL, is the purest form of Glucosamine available. Lab analysis indicates it provides 1.7 times the amount of bioreactive Glucosamine compared to Glucosamine Sulfate

Chondroitin- As a key structural component in cartilage, Chondroitin brings fluid into the joints and helps promote healthy cartilage formation

MSM- An organic source of sulfur, MSM supplies a vital ingredient that nourishes joints and helps maintain healthy connective tissue

Hyaluronic Acid- The Glucosamine in Flex-a-Min® promotes the production of Hyaluronic Acid in the body, including the synovial fluid surrounding joints

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

Serving size:

They suggest you take 3 per day and it contains 10 calories.

Supplement facts from packaging:

Chondroitin Sulfate 1.2g 1,200 mg

Methylsulfonylmethane MSM 500 mg

Proprietary Blend [Silica & Hyaluronic Acid] as Sodium Hyaluronate 40 mg

Directions for use:

Adults should take 3 tablets a day and they suggest you do so with a meal, and with sufficient fluids. And do mention it to your doctor.

Manufacturer warnings:

*Pregnant or lactating women should consult a doctor before using any product

*Avoid this product if you are allergic to shellfish or have any other allergies

*Consult your doctor before use if you have, or have had, ANY HEALTH CONDITION or if you are taking any medications or remedies, or are planning any medical procedure

**Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur, such as gastrointestinal discomfort or any allergic reaction

**Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18

**Keep out of reach of children

Where to buy:

I haven't found Flex-A-Min in brick and mortar stores, but natural food stores may carry. I ordered online, and you will find a wide variance in pricing, so if getting the lowest price is important to you, do some price comparison. You can find in quantities of 60, 80, 180.

My experience:

As always, I learn so much when I write reviews for epinions. I am not real diligent about reading labels. I was so anxious to eliminate the knee and lower back pain that I experience walking up and down stairs, running in the water, just going for walks, that I enthusiastically have been taking these products for quite a while without looking into possible side effects, but I'll address that in my final thoughts.

I did not initially find relief taking this product. It took about 6 weeks of consistently and conscientiously taking the Flex-A-Min 3 times daily before my pain went away, and it did go away almost completely. And this particular product worked better than the other similar ones (except without MSM).

Final thoughts:

I can recommend this product whole-heartedly for those with knee/joint pain if you discuss with your physician, and read the warnings carefully, now, not after several months as I did. As some of you are aware I have been having symptoms of GERD (acid reflux for those not familiar) the last year or so. Coincidentally, that is the same amount of time I have taken Flex-A-Min and comparable products. Flex-A-Min may not be the problem, as most I've read on side effects of glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, indicate that "mild gastrointestinal problems may result, but taking with a meal and plenty of fluids should alleviate that side effect in most cases." (paraphrasing from WebMD and comparable sites). This is probably not the cause of my problems, but I do need to look into it. I shall cut down just in case and see if my gastrointestinal symptoms are decreased or go away.

Update:  I was compelled to stop taking this product most likely due to the hyaluronic acid.  I got very severe heartburn, and could not alleviate the discomfort. I almost went to the ER. I stopped taking this product at the end of 2006.  The only similar product was Joint Juice.  I thought perhaps taking Glucosamine/chondroitin in liquid form would protect me from the heartburn, burping and other gastro problems.  I am really uncomfortable with the knee pain, so anxious to find something that will be effective.  For now I am icing my knees daily and trying to find some effective physical therapy for my knees.  I don't want to have to undergo surgery!  As noted in this review, this product should be great for most people.  I therefore rated it excellent!

Thanks for reading!

Suzi

Glucosamine + Chondroitin Combination

Glucosamine + Chondroitin Combination

Glucosamine + Chondroitin Combination 240 Capsules
the Vitamin Shoppe

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin Combination provides efficacious quantities of glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate, combined with vi...
Super Supplements

Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM - 120 Capsules
VitaminMom

720 Natures Bounty Flex A Min 12/14 Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm Double Strength

720 Natures Bounty Flex A Min 12/14 Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm Double Strength

720 NATURE'S BOUNTY DOUBLE STRENGTH FLEX A MIN TABLETS ~LOW BUY IT NOW PRICE FAST SHIPPING! PHOTO SHOWS 120, BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE 720 COUNT NEW SEALED...

Nature's Bounty Flex-a-min Triple Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin Formula 80 Coated Caplets

The makers of Flex-a-min have created a Triple Strength formula that includes Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3, in addition to the naturally sourced ingredie...
Vitacost.com

Nature's Bounty Flex-a-min Triple Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin Dietary Supplement Tablets - 120 CT

Jarrow Formulas - Glucosamine + Chondroitin - 240 Capsules

Jarrow Formulas - Glucosamine + Chondroitin - 240 Capsules

Jarrow Formulas - Glucosamine + Chondroitin - 240 Capsules Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin Combination provides efficacious quantities of gl...
LuckyVitamin.com

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin 240 Capsules

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin 240 Capsules

Glucosamine + Chondroitin 240 Capsules. Glucosamine + Chondroitin Combination provides efficacious quantities of glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin s...
PureFormulas.com

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin + MSM 240 capsules

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine + Chondroitin + MSM 240 capsules

Supports Joint Health*Joint & Cartilage PrecursorsHigh Level Evidence for Glucosamine1500 mg Glucosamine SulfateClinically Relevant Quantities of Both...
Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy