Flip Video UltraHD Camcorder Reviews

Flip Video UltraHD Camcorder

Flip Ultra HD Cam -- Awesome!!

Aug 6, 2010

• Battery Life:
  • Movie Quality:

Pros:portability, ease of use, clear and crisp sound and video

Cons:limited editing software pkg, needs good lighting, short battery life

The Bottom Line: Flip Ultra is an excellent camcorder that films quality video with ease and simplicity

I Looooove my Flip Ultra. The microphone picks up sound so clear and concise, it seems like a professional mic is being used. I film everything and all that I can, from my family, pets, garden, to travel and vacation...because it's just so easy. Just point and push the big red button. I even bought an underwater case for the swimming pool and when we go to the beach. I tossed my Flip into the underwater case and took it to the water-park and the end result was amazing.
It comes with editing software right in the camera so the moment you up plug the built-in USB into your computer or laptop the video uploader pops up. Flip's software enables you to make still-image photos from your recorded video however the editing program is limited and very basic.
No more carrying around those big clunky camcorders, just pop this in your purse or pocket and your ready to go. I keep mine close by me because you never know if something funny, cute or just plain unusual is going to happen.
HD is great for youtube however it does take a looong time for it to upload video so be prepared to wait for a confirmation.
There's also a tripod port at the bottom which makes is great of hands-free (or steady)filming. I owned one from my previous camera but you can purchase one of Flips own tripod. They have an "Action Tripod" that I would love to try out.
I found the battery life to be a little shorter than I would like ...so far I have not been able to use up all the recording space on just one battery use. The Ultra comes with a set of AA NiMH rechargeable batteries and recharging is a breeze--just pop into your laptop. However, if you are on the go and not able to recharge the batteries then a pair of AA Alkaline batteries can be swapped out.

Recommended for: Budget Buyers - Best Values to Fit the Budget

Aquapac Waterproof Case for Flip MinoHD and 3rd Generation Flip UltraHD Video Cameras

Flip Ultra Video Camera - White, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)

Flip Ultra Video Camera - White, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)

Easy-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom Captures 120 minutes of full VGA-quality video on 4 GB of built-in ...

Flip SlideHD Video Camera - White, 16 GB, 4 Hours

Product Details Record up to four hours of HD video 3-inch wide touchscreen to show your favorite videos instantly Store up to 12 hours of videos and ...
Bell+howell Take1hd Digital Video Camcorder With Flip-out Lcd Screen -blue

Bell+howell Take1hd Digital Video Camcorder With Flip-out Lcd Screen -blue

Bell+Howell T100HD-BL Bell+howell T100HD-BL Take1hd Digital Video Camcorder With Flip-out Lcd Screen -blue Description 5.0 Megapixels 1280 X 720 Hd Vi...

Flip SlideHD Video Camera - White, 16 GB, 4 Hours

Record up to four hours of HD video 3-inch wide touchscreen to show your favorite videos instantly Store up to 12 hours of videos and photos in Space ...
Brand New Take1HD Digital Video Camcorder with Flip-Out LCD Screen (Blue)

Brand New Take1HD Digital Video Camcorder with Flip-Out LCD Screen (Blue)

Take1HD Digital Video Camcorder with Flip-Out LCD Screen (Blue)