Folgers 100 Mountain Grown Ground Coffee Regular

Folgers® 100 Mountain Grown Ground Coffee Regular

Mar 27, 2008 (Updated Nov 28, 2009)

Pros:Folgers® grounds are presented in an AromaSeal canister

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: The AromaSeal serves to keep the ground coffee fresh inside the canister.

Husband and I drink coffee, we drink a lot of coffee.

One of the brands we drink very often is Folgers®. Folgers® grounds can be prepared in any coffee pot or coffee maker, we use a Percolator. The AromaSeal serves to keep the ground coffee fresh inside the canister. Although, to be honest, we make and drink a container so fast there is little danger the ground coffee is likely to go stale.

Folgers coffeeis always flavorful. A nice hot mug helps to get us in the mood to face the day. The only ingredient in the container is 100% pure coffee. In general it is how they process the beans that makes a difference.

The Folgers company suggests that the canister be refrigerated once it is opened. Refrigerate canister subsequent to opening to facilitate preservation of essence and bouquet of the grounds. Folgers grounds are presented in an AromaSeal canister to help close in the fresh taste coffee lovers crave.

That is probably good advice; if you are a now and then coffee drinker. On the other hand, husband and I drink coffee on a consistent and multiple pot schedule, so we leave the canister in the kitchen and the taste, quality and aroma of the perked coffee does not seem to be any the worse for it.

Whenever I’m fortunate enough to spot a noteworthy sale on the coffee at my local Reasor's Market in Owasso OK, I do try to stock up. Placing unopened canisters in the freezer for several months does apparently no harm to the ground coffee which always remains fresh and tasty.

The coffee shown on the Epinions site for this review is the caffeinated one. Those having sensitive stomachs, or other health issue, will do well to consult their doctor regarding whether to drink caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee. Folgers produces caffeinated and decaffeinated grounds in a variety of flavors and container sizes.

========================

Ingredients
Pure Coffee 100%

Instructions preparing a pot of coffee:
For all coffee makers: Folgers recommends: For best brewing results, 1 T Folgers coffee per 6 fluid oz of cold water per serving. Ratio of coffee per 10 serving coffee pot: .5 measuring C Folgers coffee grounds.
========================

As my LDS relatives tell me, coffee contains not only caffeine, but also theophylline. As an asthmatic I take daily meds prescribed by my medical caregiver. I rarely use an emergency inhaler. I attribute part of my not often needing the inhaler to the theophylline which is one of the properties of coffee. My caregiver is aware that I drink coffee in addition to taking the prescribed meds.

The word coffee may be derived from an early shipping point, Kaffa, Ethiopia.

Full body, even flavor, enjoyable fragrance; mountain grown beans are the best beans for producing the most excellent cup of coffee. The most sought-after coffee is grown in altitudes about 3000 feet. The altitude generates more pleasing, multifaceted flavors in the coffee cherries which enclose the beans.

The fruit must be hand-picked from trees which can bear flowers, green fruit, and ripe cherries all at the same time. The outer pulp and covering of the coffee cherry are detached revealing two coffee beans. The beans, are cleaned following removal of pulp and covering. They are dried, graded and hand-inspected.

Bean color ranges from light green to dark yellow prior to roasting. The beans are exported in their raw state for roasting, blending and grinding at their last destination.

Most coffee companies use primarily Coffee arabica and/or Coffee robusta in their blends. Coffee has a most attention-grabbing historical timeline. The principal variety of coffee, Coffea arabica, originated in Ethiopia and drifted to the advantageous coffee altitudes of Brazil, Columbia and other countries located between latitudes of 25 degrees North and 30 degrees South.

Folgers offers a wide variety of coffee selections for consumer enjoyment.

Ground coffee selection includes: Black Silk Breakfast Blend® Classic Roast House Blend Special Roast Simply Smooth 100% Colombian French Roast Gourmet Supreme® Classic Roast Half Caff French Vanilla Hazelnut Cinnamon Swirl Chocolate Silk.

Cappuccino is presented in three flavors: French Vanilla Mocha Chocolate. The extensive Decaf line includes: Decaf Hazelnut Decaf Classic Roast Decaf Gourmet Supreme Decaf Simply Smooth Decaf Folgers Gourmet Selections Lively Colombian Decaf.

Home Café Pods is found in Classic Roast Classic Decaf 100% Colombian French Vanilla. Instant Folgers® has two labels Coffee Crystals Coffee Singles while Folgers Gourmet Selections™ includes: Whole Bean Vanilla Biscotti Lively Colombian Hazelnut Crème.

Ground Vanilla Biscotti Espresso Roast Lively Colombian Morning Café Caramel Drizzle  Hazelnut Crème Chocolate Truffle Bistro Blend Crème Brûlée round out the large line of Folgers coffee selections.

Instant/Coffee crystals and/or brewed coffee may be used in recipes.

I routinely add brewed coffee to dry chocolate frosting mix, to stews, crockpot beans and other recipes.

I like the sound of Folgers® in the percolator, and I like the aroma of the brewing infusion. Happy to recommend Folgers® .

===================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly martin
===================

COFFEEMATE French Vanilla Powder

===========================
A number of recipes are available on the Folgers site, I found a flavorsome one for Scones which I have adapted for my family that Husband and I both like.

Spicy Coffee Scones

3/4 C unsalted butter I substitute applesauce
2 lg eggs
1/4 C strong, brewed Folgers coffee
1/4 C milk
1/2 C golden raisins (or chopped dried apricots)
1/2 C chopped pecans
Extra milk and sugar for toppings

Directions:
1. Stir together the flour, cinnamon, and sugar.
2. Cut the butter into tablespoon pieces and blend with the pastry blender or two knives into
the dry mixture. (Butter pieces should be the size of small peas.)
3. Mix together the eggs, coffee, and milk.
4. Stir into the dry mixture to form a soft dough. Stir in the fruit and nuts.
5. Turn dough out onto a floured board and gently pat into a circle of dough about 1/2" thick.
Cut out rounds with floured biscuit cutter and place them on a greased baking sheet. Gently
brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated 400° F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

=============================

Internet search including the Folgers site indicates:  Folgers® has enjoyed a lengthy and remarkable history: In the early 1600s, the Folger family boarded a ship for a long voyage from Norwich, England, to the Massachusetts Bay Colony. The family grew, prospered and through industry and determination began to take their place in the growing country.

Commercially roasted coffee was accessible in New York not long before the beginning of the nineteenth century. Roasted coffee was considered an extravagance for big-city inhabitant and was unknown to the population at large.

Ground coffee, was unheard of at the wholesale level.

In 1865, James Folger became a full partner of The Pioneer Steam Coffee and Spice Mills. In 1872, James bought out the other partners, renaming the company J. A. Folger & Co. In June of 1889, at the age of 51, James died of a coronary occlusion.

In the 1900s, family based Folgers & Co. realized significant growth. The company continued to grow, expand and develop more types of coffee products.

In 1963 the Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), acquired the Folgers Coffee Company and began national delivery of the products under the name Folgers. Since P&G acquired Folgers, it has doubled its business, making it America's number one coffee brand. Folgers continues to produce superior quality coffee, using mountain-grown beans ripened to perfection. As Folgers celebrates its 153rd anniversary, P&G looks forward to the continued success of this high-quality coffee brand.

Folgers 100% Mountain Grown Classic Roast Ground Coffee - 48 Oz

NEW Folgers 100% Mountain Grown Classic Roast Ground Coffee - 48 oz $23.60 $31.95 Premium roast coffee - Classic Roast is made from Mountain Grown bea...

Folgers(R) Simply Smooth Coffee, 34.5 Oz. Canister

Folgers(R) Simply Smooth Coffee, 34.5 Oz. Canister

Gentle on your stomach Blended to reduce acidic irritants and discomfort. Silky smooth, mountain-grown taste with an aroma you'll love. Folgers(R) Sim...
Office Depot

Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee 33.9 Oz Canisters 100% Mountain Grown

Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee 33.9 Oz Canisters 100% Mountain Grown

Folgers Classic Roast is made from Mountain Grown® beans, the world’s richest and most aromatic. And to lock in the aroma, Folgers® has developed ...

Folgers 100% Mountain Grown Classic Roast Ground Coffee - 48 Oz

Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Features Classic Roast is made from Mountain Grown beans Interlocking AromaSeal lid to make sure you ...

Folgers Coffee Ultra Decaffeinated Ground Coffee  0.9oz Packs

Folgers Coffee Ultra Decaffeinated Ground Coffee 0.9oz Packs

Folgers Coffee Ultra Decaffeinated Ground Coffee  0.9oz Packs 6 cup portion packs Decaf coffee blend Medium Roast Net wt. 0.9 oz.Folgers U...
Coffeeup.com

Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee, 33.9 oz

Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee, 33.9 oz

Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee -- 33.9 oz. Where would Folgers Coffee be without the Folgers Classic Roast Coffee? The original aromas and flavor...
Soap.com