Folgers Half Caffeinated Ground Coffee, 29.2-Ounce Units (Pack of 3) (Folgers) Reviews

Folgers Half Caffeinated Ground Coffee, 29.2-Ounce Units (Pack of 3) (Folgers)

+$9.95 shipping Office Depot
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

This isn't too bad!

Feb 15, 2011 (Updated Feb 15, 2011)

Pros:Inexpensive, pre-ground, medium strength, half the caffeine.

Cons:Not the tastiest coffee in the world, but for the price, it is tasty enough.

The Bottom Line: Anyone needing to cut back on caffeine, this is helpful.

My husband likes to do less caffeine and simply for a lack of half-caffeine coffees out there, we pick this Folgers Half Caffeinated Ground Coffee up and I have to say, it's not that bad.

Another solution to drinking lower caffeinated coffee is to buy your favorite brand of coffee in decaf AND regular and just mix the two, but if you are on a budget at the store and cannot afford the full price of two different bags/containers of coffee (say $14 on up) then this Folgers Half Caffeinated Ground Coffee works and is only around $7-8 at the store for 29.2 ounces. This lasts us a couple weeks of daily pots of coffee.

The taste is a bit bitter and the more you put in the stronger it is. It isn't the best coffee in the world and not the freshest (because it is already pre-ground), but for a pre-ground coffee, it is pretty good. It is medium in strength, not mild and not strong. I drink it as well, but I really am trying to cut down on any caffeine and will go without for months just drinking organic decaffeinated coffees. The container is upgraded from the old metal cans, this is plastic and has a handle grip on the side which makes it easier to carry. You just pull back the freshness seal and your coffee is ready. Pop back on the black lid when you are done scooping what you need into your automatic coffee maker. Pre-ground coffee makes it super easy, you just scoop into your filter, pour water into your coffee maker and turn it on. The effort is minimal. I will admit that when you open a container, it's a good smell, but not AS good as if you were to ground fresh beans. The scent coming from the brewed pot of coffee, though, is good.

I think it's best paired with milk, cream and my husband likes to put Splenda in his coffee. This coffee is only one type, you don't get to choose from French Roast, Breakfast Blends, Flavored and all that, it's just medium-strength coffee. I like to use this when I'm cutting down on my caffeine and it helps tremendously when I am switching to decaf altogether.

Overall, Folgers makes a decent coffee for an affordable price and half the amount of caffeine.

Enjoy a perfect cup of coffee with the Folgers Medium 1/2 Caff Classic Ground Coffee. This Folgers classic roast ground coffee contains half the amoun...
The great taste of regular Folgers Coffee, but with half the caffeine Made with only the most select Mountain Grown(R) beans, the world's richest and ...
Office Depot