Forum Peter Line Reviews

Forum Peter Line

Good Performance + Sweet Graphics = Great Snowboard

Jul 28, 2005 (Updated Aug 1, 2005)

Pros:Graphics, Shape. Twin Tip

Cons:Expensive, Durability,

The Bottom Line: Very nice board especially for freestyle.

Forum is a snowboard company started by a group of snowboarders in 1996-1997, or sometime around then. Forum was mainly known for its amazing team of snowboarders instead of their product. It actually took them a few years to produce a board that was worth the high price of a Forum Snowboard. Their early bindings looked like Toys and were very easy to break. Their earliest boots were extremely bulky, heavy, and only fit into Forum bindings.

Around this time Forum Snowboards had multiple flaws. They were produced in the Elan ski factory and were heavy and low-tech, they were expensive, and were easy to break if you really pushed the board.

Despite the flaws, Forum also had many things going in their favor. Hardcore snowboarders wanted to ride Forum snowboards because riders owned the company instead of a large corporation "or a jellybean company" as Peter Line would say. Their freestyle shapes were some of the best in the industry at the time. Possibly the best feature of the board's were the slider system. It allowed riders to customizing their stance much easier than the standard pre-drilled holes in other boards. Almost all of the shorter models of Forum boards had twin tips, making riding switch and doing switch tricks easier.

So what attracted me to this board? One of the ways Forum became popular is they sponsored snowboard films by Mack Dawg Productions and had their riders in the movies. I had seen Decade and Technical Difficulties, in which Forum riders dominate the movies like Decade and Technical Difficulties. I had also seen the movie The Resistance in which I really liked how Peter Line's board looked. So I dished out $419 for the 155cm size.

Performance
The board performed about like I expected it to. The board has fairly mellow edges to help prevent catching you edge while carving, causing you to face plant. It is also fairly easy to control you edges while riding pipe. I found that the shape made takeoffs and landings pretty easy. The board is stiff, but it really isn't too stiff. It also doesn’t have too much flex making you wash out on your landings.

Weight 6/10
Most of the Forum boards were heavy at this time. Only recently has Forum began using their "x-lite core". The extra weight is really only noticed when jumping off large kickers. One of Forum's main competitors, Burton, was making boards about 1/4 of the weight of the Forum boards. Fortunately, with their new cores Forum's are no longer really heavy.

Shape 10/10
Quite possibly the best feature of the board. Forum really did a good job with the flex pattern of the board. It is the best feeling Twin Tip board that I have ever ridden. If you buy this board in 159cm size, the shape is a Directional instead of a twin tip.

Duribility 4/10
Ouch! The base scratches really easily on the slightest of impacts with rocks or even trees. One of the biggest bummers is after about two seasons my board began delaminating, which requires a hot glue job to fix.

Graphics 10/10
Although having nothing to do with performance, graphics are a big part of a snowboard to me. I also have a 2001 Morrow Truth and a 2005 Forum Devun Walsh because I really like the graphics. Anyways, the top sheet on this board has Hunter S. Thompson in his cadillac with a cool two tone black and white color pattern. The base has the Forum F with Forum written in Peter's handwriting. Very Cool Looking.

Value 7/10
At the time $410 was a lot for a snowboard. Nowadays, most Burton snowboards cost more than a Forum pro model. Most other companies higher end boards cost more than a Forum pro model also. Forum's are now one of the best buy's in snowboarding. Especially if you can get one right before the next years board's come out. You can get a really great deal.

Overall 37/50

If you can somehow get you hands on a 2001 Forum Peter Line snowboard, I would recommend getting it. If not, the newer Forum boards are also a great option because the brand has grown and now has boards available for every skill level.

Forum Snowboard Vacation Dvd Pat Moore Peter Line Newsealed

Forum Snowboard Vacation Dvd Pat Moore Peter Line Newsealed

FORUM snowboard VACATION DVD Pat Moore Peter Line ~NEW~SEALED~!

Forum Mist Snowboard Boot Women's

Forum Mist Snowboard Boot Women's

The Forum Mist Snowboard Boot is one of the lightest women's boot in their line-up. It gives you a light and comfortable ride that you can rely on. Th...
Peter Glenn Ski & Sport

Forum Novelties Girls Annie Costume F69002_M

Forum Novelties Girls Annie Costume F69002_M

Shop for Holiday Decorations at The Home Depot. If your girl can't get enough of the classic musical Annie, she'll love the Girl's Annie Costume. This...
Home Depot

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescues 0.5oz Tester

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescues 0.5oz Tester

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescues 0.5oz

Peter Lehmann Mentor 2009 Red Blends Wine

Peter Lehmann Mentor 2009 Red Blends Wine

Over his 50-year career, Peter Lehmann has inspired countless people by sharing his talent, wit and passion for winemaking. It is these characteristic...
Wine.com
Peter Lehmann Layers White 2013 750ml

Peter Lehmann Layers White 2013 750ml

This wine is from Australia, South Australia region, Barossa sub-region. GEWURZTRAMINER^MUSCAT BLANC A Wine Australian Still Wine
Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue 0.5 Oz

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue 0.5 Oz

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue 0.5 oz

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

Nordstrom Holiday Savings: Save Up To 30% On Select Items. Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! A luxurious facial cleansing gel that does double du...
Nordstrom