Freedom Wings  (Nintendo DS, 2006) Reviews

Freedom Wings (Nintendo DS, 2006)

An RPG based on fighter aircraft, a breath of fresh air!

Sep 19, 2006

Pros:1) Automatic control 2) Completely customizeable 3) Statistic rich 4) Graphics

Cons:1) RPG Style action

The Bottom Line: Buy this game if you enjoy RPG style games and have ever wanted a portable flight simulator. You will not be disappointed.

The wait is over, the first real flight simulator for the Gameboy platform has been released! With a low price at most retailers this is a title you should pick up to relax your nerves and tear up some evil pirates.

I have played this title for a little over a dozen hours now and I can't wait to start playing again. I enjoy putting the entire simulator on auto and watching the planes dog fight each other. This title reminds me of Electroplankton's "Audience Mode" where you let the DS entertain you.

Of course, you can take total control over the sim at any time. The flight controls all work intuitively off the DS game pad and should pose little challenge to the average gamer. The physics in this game are very impressive when considering the limitations of the DS platform: CPU, RAM and limited space to store simulator data on the game card.

I will give no spoilers, half the fun is learning from the in game tutorial and taking off into the cloud filled scenery. Yes, this game actually implements flying through clouds.

Note: I am a software design analyst. I apply these concepts towards the limitations of the DS platform in all my reviews.

One of the few flight combat games for handheld devices, Freedom Wings from Natsume includes an automatic mode for beginners and a manual mode for adv...
Feature: Features an innovative combat system involving the DS touch screen Use your DS stylus to lock on to enemy aircraft and shoot them out of your...