Frigidaire FCCS201F Chest Freezer Reviews

Free Shipping AJ Madison
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

Frozen Assets

Feb 4, 2009

Pros:Lots of space, Versatility of Space,

Cons:Manual Defrost, Not Energy Star Compliant

The Bottom Line: Considering this thing is helping us weather the economic storm, I'd have to recommend it to anyone who needs the extra storage space.

It was a succesful hunting season, and since our family is a no-kill unless you eat it operation, we tend to use a lot of freezer space. With the recesion in full bloom, and the necessity to cut down expenses, we dropped the monthly storage expenses, and bought our own freezer. Realizing that one little compressor outtage could wipe out any savings gleaned from this move, we went with a quality name and model that we had heard good things about. As epinions is usually one of our first research stops, and nothing was here, I decided to let everyone know about a real sleeper in this department. It's a good buy, especially the scratch and dent deal we got on this one.

First of all, Frigidaire has been getting a bad rap lately. Similar to Maytag, they were once one of the best in their business, but after a buy out, they let some real crap work it's way out to the sales floors. This model, as I was assured by one of the salesmen, is another attempt on their part to win back that hard earned reputation. They realize their reputation has been damaged, and they really do want to do something about it. So far--so good. It's been very good to us these past several months.

The 19.7 Cubic Feet Capacity is gigantic. It needs to be if someone in your family takes down a deer or two, on top of the loads of catfish and bass fillets lining the bottom. Thanks to the 3 storage basket type bins up topside you have easy access to mass quantities of your favourites, so you don't have to go prospecting or dig a mine shaft just to get to that bag of stir fry vegetables that's supposed to go with tonight's boneless skinless chicken. Under the bins are heavy duty dividers, so organizing is almost a dream--definitely not a nightmare.

Two minor niggles here with he whole deal. The manual defrost is almost (operative word--almost) made up for by the defrost drain (included) which makes this operation a lot less messy. This model is not energy star compliant. Now that may be why ours has proven so reliable as compared to the reviews I've read on some of the other models. Right now, I'll live with that, as I cannot afford for this thing to go down.  All in all, it's been a 35 1/2" High X 61 1/4" Wide X 29 1/2" Deep  4 star value. (Lean & Mean Entry)

Amount Paid (US$): $395.00

Frigidaire White Chest Freestanding Freezer FCCS201FW. 19.7 Cu. Ft. Capacity. Defrost drain. Heavy duty casters. Heavy duty cooling system, NSF certif...
AJ Madison
This Frigidaire Chest Freezer has a 197 Cu Ft storage capacity with three separate storage baskets on the interior With this chest freezer defrosting ...
AppliancesConnection
Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE! This is a BRAND NEW FRIGIDAIRE COMMERCIAL Chest Freezer. It comes with a full manufact...