Frigidaire FFHS2612L 26 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator

A Beautiful Fridge That Is Practical

Mar 23, 2012

Pros:Clean appearance, good storage area, energy star and basic in design.

Cons:No humidity control or meat storage area.

The Bottom Line: This is a nice basic side by side refrigerator that provides great storage area.  Has an ice and water dispenser in door.

A kitchen cannot be complete without having a decent sized refrigerator to store perishable food items.  We recently purchased a home that included a kitchen that had been redone from top to bottom.  All of the large kitchen appliances were new as well.  Our previous refrigerator was close to 13 years of age and we were very happy to have this included in the package.  Although we took on a mortgage that cost significantly more than a refrigerator, in the long run this actually saved us close to $1000.  We were anticipating that we would be spending this much in the next few years for a new one.  This model is energy star certified and goes into energy-saving mode when it is not opened for 24 hours.

The refrigerator that was included with the house was the Frigidaire FFHS2612LS Side by Side Refrigerator.  I was pleased with their choice of appliance as I did want to move to a side by side model and was very familiar with this brand.  They are well known for creating quality products that can be trusted.  This refrigerator is done in stainless steel which was a match to our new dishwasher, stove and microwave.

This refrigerator has 26 cubic feet available for food storage.  16.46 cubic feet is designated for fresh food while the remaining 9.54 cubic feet is used in the freezer section.  The fresh food section has 3 adjustable spill proof shelves and one that sits flush above the crisper drawers.  Each shelf has 16.5 square inches of storage.  As they are adjustable with the use of cantilever shelves, you can adjust the clearance levels as how they best meet your needs.  Each shelf is made out of tempered glass and has a spill proof lip surrounding the edge to prevent spillage onto below shelves.  The doors of the fresh food section include four adjustable shelves that provide approximately 8" x 14" inches of storage space.  The clearance for these shelves will depend on your placement of these.  The fresh food section includes two large crispers and a separate covered compartment.  These are not climate controlled. .  The freezer has 3 wire shelves in which two can be adjusted depending on your clearance preferences.  The doors of the freezer include 4 storage holders on the side.  These holds are not adjustable and provide approximately 4" x 8" of storage space.  The lower three shelves provide a clearance of approximately 9 inches while the top shelf provides 6 inches of clearance.

The temperature of the fresh and freezer section can be controlled depending on your preference.  Inside of the fresh section, there is a digital indicator which allows you to range from 0-9 (9 being the coldest).  If it is placed at zero, this turns off the cooling feature although the lights will still remain.

This frost-proof refrigerator includes a water and ice machine that are located on the outside of the freezer door.  The control panel for these items functions with four buttons that are clearly indicated.  The control panel gives you an option for cubed or crushed ice and the choice to have a light when using the water/ice dispenser.  There are two dispensers that are for the ice and the other for the water.  Before being dispensed, the water is run through a pure source water filtration system.  The filter is located inside of the fresh food section and should be replaced every six months.  If it is not replaced, you will begin to see some clogging in the ice maker.  The actual ice maker is stored inside of the door and body of the freezer.  Depending on your usage, the refrigerator will produce approximately 4 gallons of ice a day.

Overall, we have been extremely happy with our new refrigerator.  The only two items I would have liked is that there would be a separate compartment for meats and cheeses.  The crispers are quite large and I find that I am able to use one of the drawers for these.  I would also have like to have seen the crispers provide some humidity controls to allow for the storage preferences for some fruits and vegetables.  Since I tend to store them in the bag that I used when bring home from the grocery store, I usually do not see much difference anyway.  Although it does not seem to make a big difference, I would have preferred this.

The storage room for the refrigerator is fantastic and I find that I almost have too much space.  I sometimes feel as though I need to buy more to fill it up.  The doors provide fantastic storage for all of the sauces and condiments which tended to crowd up my prior fridge.  There is plenty of room on the shelves for large items and to allow separation when I have items such as meat or chicken in them.

The ice machine and water dispensers are a wonderful addition to the kitchen.  Rather than having to purchase bottled water, we always have fresh flavorful water in the home.  The ice machine works fantastically regardless if it is placed in crushed or cubed form.  I personally prefer the crushed ice myself although small pieces do tend to land outside of the glass.  I do have to be watchful that there are no water puddles in front of the fridge.

The refrigerator does seem to have consistent temperature throughout the fresh and freezer sections and is effective in keeping the items at their proper temperature.  I currently have both set to the mid point.

We did not purchase this machine directly and found that it goes for approximately $1,000-$1200 at most locations.

If you are looking for a nice basic side by side refrigerator that is cost effective and simple to use, this is a nice model.  The ice and water dispensers are easily accessible and taste delicious.

Amount Paid (US$): na

Frigidaire FFHS2622MS 26.0 cu. ft. Side by Side Stainless Steel

Frigidaire FFHS2622MS 26.0 cu. ft. Side by Side Stainless Steel

Type Side-by-Side Installation Type Freestanding Refrigerator Capacity 16.5 cu. ft. Freezer Capacity 9.5 cu. ft. Specifications CAPACITYTotal Capacity...
Newegg.com

Frigidaire Ffhs2622ms 26 Cf Side-by-side Refrigerator Stainless Steel

Frigidaire Ffhs2622ms 26 Cf Side-by-side Refrigerator Stainless Steel

The Frigidaire FFHS2622MS with a total capacity of 26 cubic feet adds style to your kitchen decor. Equipped with the humidity-controlled crisper drawe...

Frigidaire Refrigerator. 25.54 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel FFHS2622MS

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Frigidaire 25.54 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator has a large capacity and makes it easy to stay organized...
Home Depot

Frigidaire Refrigerator. 25.54 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in Black FFHS2622MB

Frigidaire Black Side-By-Side Refrigerator - FFHS2322MB

Frigidaire Black Side-By-Side Refrigerator - FFHS2322MB

22.6 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ Humidity-Controlled Crisper Drawers/ Ready-Select Controls/ Control Lock Option/ Cantilever Shelves/ Black Finish
Abt Electronics

Frigidaire Refrigerator. 25.54 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in White FFHS2622MW

Frigidaire 22.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - White

Frigidaire 22.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - White

Keep your food fresh in the 22.6 cu. ft. Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator FFHS2322MW. Adjustable interior storage provides over 100 ways to organi...

Frigidaire Refrigerator. 33 in. 22.07 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel FFHS2322MS

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Frigidaire 23 cu. ft. Stainless Steel Side-by-Side Refrigerator that's a slim 33 in. wide has a large capac...

Frigidaire Black Side By Side Refrigerator - FFHS2622MB

Frigidaire Black Side By Side Refrigerator - FFHS2622MB

PureSource 3/ Store More Humidity Controlled Crisper Drawers/ Store More Capacity/ Energy Saver Plus Technology/ Ready Select Controls/ Filter Change ...
Abt Electronics

Frigidaire 22.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - Stainless Steel

Frigidaire 22.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - Stainless Steel

Keep your food fresh in the 22.6 cu. ft. Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator FFHS2322MS. Adjustable interior storage provides over 100 ways to organi...