-9%
Frigidaire FFHT2126L 20.6 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator Reviews

Frigidaire FFHT2126L 20.6 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator

+$81.50 shipping QVC

Basic refrigerator with some flaws

Mar 23, 2013
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:It keeps food cold

Cons:Shelves are flimsy; doors pop open

The Bottom Line: Be aware that this is a very basic refrigerator and the doors can pop open. If it's all that you can afford, go ahead and consider it, among others.

I'm so glad this is our overflow refrigerator in the basement, and not our primary one. It's a basic model that keeps food cold, but the functional design is poor.

At $660 including tax and delivery for a scratched floor model, the Frigidaire met our immediate need which was to immediately replace our old unit, for a fair price, which had suddenly stopped working. I could tell when they delivered it the same afternoon that the Frigidaire was designed for cheap manufacture: the delivery guys struggled to remove our old unit (it was bigger and much heavier, but also had higher capacity). They didn't even need a dolly to bring in the new one.

After reversing the door swing - easy to do - removing the packing material and plugging it in, the Frigidaire came to life. It got cold quickly and has had no issues maintaining temperature. We've had it for three months now. So that's all good.

Refrigerator Compartment
The door has three shelves molded in - you can't change their positions - with removable guards for keeping items from falling off. The guards are removeable so they can be cleaned. You can easily fit 64 oz. orange juice containers on the shelves.

The main compartment has two "Fresh Drawers" for holding vegetables and meats, I suppose. The instruction book doesn't say anything about them. Each drawer has a little slider to control the amount of cold air going into the drawer, marked 1 to 10, with no instructions for use.

The two glass shelves can be adjusted. The shelves are marked "spillproof" meaning that if some liquid leaks onto them it will be contained and not mess up the entire compartment.

There's also another drawer, half the width of the compartment, that hangs under the top shelf.

Overall, the main compartment is functional. It seems deep enough, is brightly lit, and there are minimal instrusions from controls or rounded corners.

Freezer Compartment
We didn't get the ice maker, so the freezer is deep and clean. As in the main compartment, the freezer door has two small shelves molded in; you can't adjust them. The single wire shelf in the freezer compartment has two positions. This shelf is very flimsy, but it does the job.

Controls
There's a single control knob in the main compartment. It goes from "Warmer" to "Colder" with a point that is marked "Normal". It controls both compartments at once, so it isn't really possible to optimize both temperatures.

Doors
The big problem with this refrigerator is that the doors pop open unexpectedly. The magnets that hold them closed are weak. If you close the door hard, the other door comes open. If there is anything inside pressing on the door - such as a loaf of bread in the freezer - the door doesn't stay shut. We've gone downstairs and found the freezer door wide open and everything inside was warm.

Noise
It's reasonably quiet when running.

Ample organization is in store. This top-freezer refrigerator includes plenty of storage options. Put your milk on the door shelf that stores gallon j...
QVC