Frigidaire FRT18B5J Reviews

Frigidaire FRT18B5J

Cheap isn't always best. Frigidaire FRT18B5JQ

Jan 6, 2010 (Updated Jan 6, 2010)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:The price was right.

Cons:It is very basic.

The Bottom Line: Because our last fridge/freezer didn't last long we went for cheap.  I would recommend spending more money and getting quality.  You get what you pay for.

Most of our appliances last 15 to 20 years.  However, fridge/freezers don't in our family.

We bought a new fridge/freezer 9 years ago when we moved house. We had left everything in the old one, but the person had taken out most of the appliances, so we bought a Whirlpool, to match the washer, dryer, oven, and hob.

This was the reason why we decided on buying the cheapest one on the market. If the life of newer products is less than it used to be, buy one, and then throw it away if it goes wrong.  The extended warranties are high, and the ones I purchase it for never go wrong, and the I do work fine.

Best Buy had the Frigidaire 18.2 cu. ft. one for $349 + tax, and delivery. They would pick up the old one as well as do the delivery for an extra $29.99.

We saved the trays, shelves, ice maker, from the older, expensive fridge, and hoped they would fit. They did not.

The men set up the fridge/freezer for us and set the dial for the fridge and freezer to cool down.

After they had left I checked the width of the fridge and the shelves were too long. We just put everything quickly into the unit and let it get cold.

The top freezer is 4.07 cubic feet of space, and the fridge is 14.13 cubic feet.  The doors can open on the right or left side.  You can also purchase this in black, but that was $50 more.

6 hours later I then opened the top freezer, and instead of having a full length shelf to divide it, there was a wire stand, that only went a third of the way across. This made it more difficult to stack food so that we could view it all.  I hadn't even looked in the store, because when you need a fridge/freezer immediately, you often buy without thinking.

I have since rearranged it several times, and as long as we don't fill it too much, we can find the food we are looking for. The freezer temperature is good.

The fridge below, comes with 2 shelves, and no under the shelf drawer. It has the two bins for keeping vegetables and salad fresh.

Again the items in the fridge are a little cramped. Not because of size but because of not having that extra drawer to put deli meat and cheese in.

The door is wide enough to put gallons of milk and water in it.

With 18.2 cu. ft. of space, there is plenty of space, but a lot of it is wasted space.  We looked into buying another shelf, but the cost of it, shipping, etc., we would have been better off buying one at Sears for $100 more, and free delivery.  This was the same size as our old one, and had far more in it, than this basic one.

As we have a townhouse, we have a fridge/freezer downstairs for snacks and drinks. We have also put a few more items in the fridge and freezer, making a little more space upstairs.

This was our mistake and not Frigidaire's fault.  Being thifty doesn't always work.

Frigidaire Professional 5-in-1 Reversible Plates Grill/Griddle

Frigidaire Professional 5-in-1 Reversible Plates Grill/Griddle

Find electric grills, griddles, waffle makers at Target.com! Serve your family a delicious and nutritious breakfast every day with this frigidaire pro...

Frigidaire FRA18EMU2 18,500 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Supplemental Heater

Frigidaire FRA18EMU2 18,500 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Supplemental Heater

More than an air conditioner, this window unit can also be used as a supplement to your heating and act as a dehumidifier. An antibacterial mesh filte...
Frigidaire Refrigerator. 32 in. W 17 cu. ft. All-Refrigerator in White, Counter Depth FRU17B2JW

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. This 16.7 cu. ft. all-refrigerator is ideal for your second refrigerator because it features 4-full width wire ...
Home Depot

Newegg.com

Frigidaire 10,000 Btu Fra106ht2 Thru Wall / Window Air Conditioner

Frigidaire 10,000 Btu Fra106ht2 Thru Wall / Window Air Conditioner

Install the Frigidaire FRA106HT2 air conditioner in your room to quickly cool off during the hot summers. This Frigidaire air conditioner can reduce t...
Frigidaire Protective Rear Grille for Through-the-Wall Air Conditioners

Frigidaire Protective Rear Grille for Through-the-Wall Air Conditioners

The Frigidaire EA109T Protective Rear Grille for Through-the-Wall Air Conditioners is made of 1.5-inch anodized aluminum. The grill installs from insi...

Frigidaire Valencia Extra-Wide Wall-Mount Electric Fireplace

Frigidaire Valencia Extra-Wide Wall-Mount Electric Fireplace

Create a warm and inviting atmosphere with the Frigidaire Valencia Extra-Wide Wall-Mount Electric Fireplace. It looks just like the real thing but wit...

Frigidaire FRA186MT2 18,500 BTU Window Mounted Median Room Air Conditioner in White with Remote Control FRA186MT2

From small bedrooms and bonus rooms to large, semicommercial areas, Frigidaire is committed to providing quiet, efficient, and reliable air conditioni...
HomeClick

Frigidaire FRA084KT7 White Air Conditioners Frigidaire FRA084KT7 Energy Star 8000 BTU

Frigidaire, FRA084KT7, Casement, Air Conditioners, Cool Only, Slider / Casement Air Conditioner with 3 Fan Speeds and 4 Way Air Direction Control Frig...
Venting Direct.com