Purina Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food Canned (24/3-oz Cans)

Nov 14, 2009

Pros:Molly likes Fancy Feast and I is good for her.

Cons:None, except for maybe, the plastic wrap covering the box.

The Bottom Line: Anything we can do for Molly to make our rescue cat happy, she loves the Fancy Feast Seafood Feast in Gravy; and it is healthy.

Fancy Feast Seafood Feast in Gravy is very new to us. The box just came in the mail about a week ago. Fancy Feast has been a somewhat recent addition to our house. That is only because something very strange happened with Whiskas. I do mean, strange.

My cat never ate wet canned food much; it started after she had surgery about five years ago. She had to have pain medications and antibiotics. I can give a pill to a raccoon and live, to a skunk, though I may have to chase the pill a few times, these animals are nothing compare to my champion pill distributor, Molly. We have tried it with three people after one, or two people have thrown up their hands in defeat. Not even three people can give a pill to Molly. I have found pills in my hair, my ear, on top of my other cat's head, under the couch, on top of the microwave, I swear this is true.

Molly will eat a canned or foil moist food if it has gravy. At first she would only eat the gravy. Now, she will eat every bite of it. We feed her precisely at 5 P.M. every evening. She begins rattling our chains at three in the afternoon. If anyone moves from an office chair she runs down the stairs, all the way to the kitchen and sits, until she realizes no one is coming. Then back up the stairs, until someone else moves, and she starts the routine over again.

After Molly's surgery we gave her Whiskas to hide the pills. Anything, any flavor as long as it had gravy. She also, only likes fish or seafood cat food. Though, she will not eat any human food even if it was salmon with gravy. Not a sniff, nor a bite; ever!

We bought every fish/seafood with gravy Whiskas there was and she ate them all. This was the Whiskas in the foil pouches. Whiskas calls gravy - sauce, this worked too. It was feeding time, and we opened a packet of, I believe it was tuna, she ran to her fancy white paper plate; and stopped dead in her tracks. She looked at us as if we were trying to poison her. We tossed that, got another flavor out of the box and she was fine with it. A week later we got another tuna out of the box, the same thing happened. When the box was gone, we picked up another one locally, same flavors, and she ate the tuna just fine. Nothing else happened for a couple of months. Then the same exact thing happened, except for a different flavor, she just stared evilly at us. We got a different flavor and it was fine.

The first time I looked at the food, and smelled it. I didn't smell anything off; however, the food looked paler than usual. I noticed that each time it happened. I was getting tired of wasting expensive cat food so we went to Fancy Feast. She has been eating Fancy Feast for about six months now. We usually pick it up at Petco or Petsmart when we go to the Veterans Administration in Sioux Falls (usually Petco because they have ferrets:). We recently cancelled an appointment so it was back to mail order. We mail order a lot of stuff for our pets from Petco, Petsmart, and Amazon. Yes, I have affiliate accounts and it helps.

We ordered a different flavor this time. It was Friskies Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food Canned (24/3oz Cans). We ordered it from Petco and it was only $12.00. We usually have a big order and rarely pay shipping. This is the only way we can get 24 cans without buying the mixed boxes. We can never find flavors with all gravy in the mixed boxes. Though we have noticed recently, since the change to Fancy Feast she will eat the non-gravy ones as well.

She used to leave half of the food when eating Whiskas. Now she eats every bite. It takes her two times; she will eat approximately half, and then eat the other half about a half hour later.

It is impossible to find much of anything in Huron, SD. The last thing we bought was Fancy Feast 3-Flavor Variety Pack, ocean whitefish and tuna feast, savory salmon feast, cod, sole, and shrimp feast, but we paid around $16. 00, here in Huron, at Walmart.

The first ingredients are fish broth, ocean fish, liver, wheat gluten, meat by-products, chicken; there is a lot of meat in it, still not quite sure what part of the animal a by-product is, maybe near the wing or the fin. Cats are carnivores, they need meat. However, they also seem to medicate/supplement themselves in the wild with plants and herbs.

I ran a few experiments in the past, growing a wide variety of plants and herbs, all edible. It was interesting to see what she would decide to chew on, and on what particular day. We always keep fresh greens available to our cats, especially since neither are outdoor cats. So evidently, there are a lot of vitamins, minerals, and additional enhancements they need that don't come with an all meat diet. And, I don't believe that large amounts of rice or other grains such as corn are good for a cat.

Corn Starch-modified is a thickener, if we want gravy for our cat we have to tolerate the corn starch or else it would be Friskies Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in broth instead of in gravy. Then the paper plate would get soggy, I would be unhappy because my dark blue kitchen carpet I bought at a garage sale would smell like fish. It also shows every single light colored tiniest piece of anything like a neon sign.

Ah mentioning the fish smell. Do you remember cat food when it smelled like - death warmed over? Friskies Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food smells like fish, real fish.

Just a short time ago a friend's cat wasn't feeling so swift and wouldn't eat. I remembered something the veterinarian had told me, cats like odor. So, take the cat food and warm it up a bit and the aroma will be more appetizing to them. During the winter, I warm the cat's food for them because this old house gets kind of cold. We have two heating systems one for each side of the house. We aren't fond of it being very warm, so we keep our side on a very minimum heat. The cats seem to like it warm because they stare at the microwave when the warmth of spring arrives. Like, aren't you forgetting something?

Now we have artificial and natural flavors, and shrimp, other than the artificial flavors that sounds kind of good too. Hmm, I think I am going to make shrimp Newburg for dinner tonight. I am getting a hankering for seafood. I also just ordered up a bowl of cereal, funny how the brain works.

Now we get into all the vitamins and minerals our cats need, along with preservatives so that it could sit on the shelf for the next 99 years if need be along side of the Twinkies (not really - best used by Sept. 2011).<I> salt, tricalcium phosphate, soy protein concentrate, added color (red 3 and other color), potassium chloride, salt, taurine, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, calcium phosphate, zinc sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, ferrous sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, vitamin B-12 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium pantothenate, copper sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite Complex (source of vitamin K activity), vitamin D-3 supplement, folic acid, potassium iodide, biotin.</I> Wonder why salt is listed twice?

The can has an easy pull ring. Pull it up and back and the can is open. I haven't lost a fingernail yet as I have on many pull-type tabs. Never has it snapped at the end of the tear across splattering gravy all over. I thought the Whiskas foil pouches would be handier. They wouldn't tear; they had to be cut by scissors. Also, gravy would drip, the strip would drop on the counter leaving a splash, and the scissors had to be cleaned.

The box the cans came in was a short single layer box with stretched plastic over the top and sealed in. The plastic isn't eco friendly though maybe if I saved all of them I can tape them together into a boat cover. $250, for a cover for the new boat? I think not. The box was usable for other things. I try to reuse everything, especially stuff that could harm the earth. Even the 3-variety pack boxes I cut up for my granddaughter to color. I also cut out all the shapes, circle, rectangle, and etcetera, (so my granddaughter can learn shapes) I can always find a use for cardboard.

I am presuming the cans are made of aluminum. Aluminum is recyclable. The foil packs I haven't a clue what they are made of and don't have any around to check out.

It has been a very long time since I have used a Purina product for any length of time. Way back when they had the worst food imaginable. Now, I am impressed. I have a happy cat. Since she had been a kitten from a feral cat, had been fostered for a year before we adopted her, she deserves anything we can do for her.

In previous reviews I referred to Molly as my Popsicle kitty because she was so stiff. I swear if you picked her up by the tail she would come straight up with it. It took literally years for this cat to slacken up now she melts in your arms. She is now ten-years old. This is the first year we have heard a loud purr, after a few years we heard her first soft purr. Don't think for a moment these poor abandoned animals aren't traumatized for the rest of their lives.

Maybe along with our love, the Fancy Feast had something to do with the purr.

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast, 24/3 OZ

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast, 24/3 OZ

NESTLE PURINA PET CARE CANNED
Purina Fancy Feast Grilled Variety Pack - 36 Pk (s306031)

Purina Fancy Feast Grilled Variety Pack - 36 Pk (s306031)

Available in Clasic or Grilled pack Each pack as 36 Description The Classic variety pack includes Ocean Whitefish Tuna Feast, Savory Salmon Feast, and...

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24; For over 25 years, Fancy Feast has been committed to preparing the m...
Chewy.com

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food Canned

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy is a tantalizing combination of gilled seafood. Inspired by slow, fire cooking traditions that will enliven...
PetFoodDirect
Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Gourmet Cat Food

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Gourmet Cat Food

Tender and moist, Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast is the only choice for your discriminating cat's sophisticated palate.100% nutritionally complete ...
Petco

Fancy Feast - Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food Canned, Cat

Fancy Feast - Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food Canned, Cat

PetFlow

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Cat Food Canned

Made with cuts of protein-rich, vitamin-packed cuts of grilled seafood, one thing is certain with Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy canned fo...
Pet360.com

Fancy Feast Grilled Feast Adult Canned Gourmet Cat Food - Seafood 3 oz

Fancy Feast Grilled Feast Adult Canned Gourmet Cat Food - Seafood 3 oz

Fancy Feast Grilled Feast Adult Canned Gourmet Cat Food is a wet cat food made with delicious cuts of grilled meat or fish that are luxuriously basted...
PetSolutions

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24

Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Feast in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24; For over 25 years, Fancy Feast has been committed to preparing the most ...
Chewy.com

Fancy Feast - Grilled Seafood Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food, Cat

Fancy Feast - Grilled Seafood Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food, Cat

Fancy Feast Grilled Entr?es are available in a delectable spread of meats and combinations that your feline will find difficult to pick from. Each
PetFlow