GE PDW9980NSS 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher Reviews

GE PDW9980NSS 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

Does not clean dishes!

Jul 18, 2007 (Updated Jul 18, 2007)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:It's quiet.

Cons:Does not clean dishes. Poor rack design.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this dishwasher for the simple fact that it does not clean dishes.

My new (i.e., within 3 months) dishwasher does not adequately clean the dishes. On average, it leaves about 20% of the load dirty. It also says that pre-rinsing is not necessary; however, if you do not pre-rinse (and sometimes pre-soak), that 20% increases dramatically. I used to throw everything and anything into my old dishwasher and it would come out clean. Now, I end up washing 1/2 of my dishes because I know they won't come out clean. And many of those that I do put into the dishwasher need to be re-cleaned when I take them out. So, although they advertise as energy-efficient, we waste water pre-rinsing and re-washing our dishes.

The rack is also not designed properly: It takes a lot of finessing to get the plates to sit in properly on the bottom rack. You also have to be careful when loading the utensil rack on the bottom. For safety reasons, I put my knives pointed side down. However, the holes in the utensil rack are on the larger side, so if one of the knives slips through the hole, it can easily stop the arm from spinning; therefore, not cleaning any of the bottom dishes.

Basically, although the outside design of this dishwasher may look nice, the inside is poorly designed. I would not recommend this dishwasher to anyone! It is definitely not worth the price and I am sorely missing my old dishwasher!

PDW1860NSS 18 Fully Integrated Built-in Dishwasher with 7 Wash Cycles  12 Place Settings

PDW1860NSS 18 Fully Integrated Built-in Dishwasher with 7 Wash Cycles 12 Place Settings

GE39s PDW1860NSS is a18 built-in dishwasher features LED cycle progress indicators 3 push buttons and fully integrated electronic light touch controls...
AppliancesConnection

GE Dishwasher. Profile 18 in. Top Control Dishwasher in Stainless Steel PDW1860NSS

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. GE Profile products offer the best in contemporary design matched with the latest in appliance technologies to ...
Home Depot

GE Profile 18 Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher - PDW1860NSS

GE Profile 18 Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher - PDW1860NSS

HIdden Electronic Controls/ SpeedWash Cycle/ Glasses Cycle/ Air-Dry Cycle/ Nylon Racks/ LED Cycle Progress Indicators/ Stainless Steel Finish
Abt Electronics

GE White Spacemaker 18 Built-In Dishwasher - GSM1800FWW

GE White Spacemaker 18 Built-In Dishwasher - GSM1800FWW

Low-Profile Installation Capable/ Door Fits Nearly Flush With Cabinetry For A Seamless Look/ Pots And Pans Cycle/ 3-Stage Manual Clean Filtratrion/ S...
Abt Electronics

GE Dishwasher. 18 in. Front Control Dishwasher in White with Stainless Steel Tub GSM1800FWW

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Dishwashers simplify your life and give you more time to do the things you enjoy. With GE's innovative technolo...
Home Depot