GE PT925SNSS Electric Oven

A Great Little Oven

Nov 8, 2010 (Updated Nov 11, 2010)

Pros:Ease of use, Controls, Temp Accuracy

Cons:Getting use to the vertical size of the smaller oven.

The Bottom Line:

A great oven in a small package.  Highly recommended.

We have now had this oven for a couple of weeks.  We were looking at a wall oven/microwave and then found this oven.

This oven is actually 2 seperate fully controlable self cleaning ovens that take the space of a typical single oven.  Simply put the upper oven is about 1/3 the height of a normal oven and the bottom oven is about 2/3 the height of a nomal oven.  The bottom oven will hold a 20 LBS Turkey so it is plenty big enough for a family to use but will save energy and cost since you don't always have to heat a full size space.  One addtional benefit is the doors are smaller (not as tall) so they don't fold out as far as a normal oven door, so it is easier to put items into and out of the ovens.

We have used the 1/3 upper oven far more than the lower and it is great for fozen pizza, baking, small casserols, which is great and it will preheat in about 1/3 the time since you're not preheating wasted space.  We have only used the bottom larger oven for roasts/turkeys or when we need multiple racks which is seldom.

We purchased this oven and a countertop convection microwave (with built-in kit) so we actually have 3 ovens it that would ever be necessary.

The GE Single Double has been a great replacement for us.  There are several things about this oven that we really like.  First it does everything for us in a small package.  We REALLY don't need 2 full size ovens.  Second the operation is very easy to use and understand.

It has all the bells and whistles and it has one that isn't on any other ovens we saw...a help key.  Touch this key and any other control and instructions scroll across the display telling you the operation.
Third the temperature controls are very accurate and the oven cooks evenly.  Lastly if for some reason the thermostat is not accurate it is adjustable by the owner.  You don't have to make a service call to adjust the temp settings so everything is accurate.

For those that are concerned about convection cooking and modifying the process due to the differences in convection cooking and "normal" this oven will automatically adjust the settings for you.  The owner puts in the typical times and temps and the oven will convert those if you are using convection.  Convection is only available in the larger oven but that is fine for us.

If there is a single fault I would say that you have to be careful with the smaller upper oven.  It is easy to accidentally touch the top of the oven when putting items into or taking them out of the oven.

The oven also looks very modern in our new kitchen and will hopefully be a positive selling point at some time in the future.

GE Profile Stainless Single/Double Wall Oven - PT925SNSS

GE Profile Stainless Single/Double Wall Oven - PT925SNSS

2.2 Upper/2.8 Lower Cu. Ft. Capacity/ Two Ovens In One Space/ Self-Clean Oven/ PreciseAir Convection System/ In-The-Door ShadowTouch Controls/ Delay B...
Abt Electronics

GE Ovens Profile 30 in. Double Electric Wall Oven Self Cleaning with Convection in Stainless Steel PT925SNSS

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Cook 2 different dishes at 2 temperatures at the same time with the GE Profile 30 in. Self-Cleaning Electric Co...
Home Depot