Garden Treasures PC-133AV

Garden Treasures Waterbridge Patio Chair

May 17, 2011

Pros:Sturdy, comfortable, stylish, durable, 7-year warranty, holds weight up to 300 lbs

Cons:Gets hot in the sun

The Bottom Line: A beautiful piece of garden/patio furniture that's sturdy and durable with a great warranty and is quite comfortable.  Hot summer months may require a cushion.

We've owned four of the black Garden Treasures Waterbridge Patio Chairs for two seasons now.  They match my bench perfectly.  When we bought the bench a few years ago, my Lowes store didn't have the matching chairs (sold out for the season) so we decided to wait for the following spring and try to catch them on sale.  I'd forgotten about the chairs until I saw them on clearance at the end of 2009 and I managed to snag the last 4 they had.  On a side note, when Lowes has their year end sale on outdoor furniture, the store can get rather crowded and you'd better take a buddy with you cause it takes the two of you to hold on to your bargains!  I paid $25 per chair which I thought was a steal since they regularly sell for $90 each!

The assembled size is 34.75"H x 26.25"W x 24"D.  As for assembly, my husband put them together and we were able to use them until all our outdoor furniture was stored for the winter.  I've always felt if you take care of your furniture and don't leave it out all year round, it will last you longer.  Each chair will hold up to 300 lbs and with a rather wide seating area, you have enough room for most derrieres.  The front of the seat is curved and doesn't cut off the circulation to your legs.  It's really very comfortable to sit in.

The Garden Treasures Waterbridge Patio Chair is made of cast aluminum and it does get hot in our Tennessee summer months.  My back patio is a double decker; meaning an upper deck across the back of my house which has three very long steps going down to another deck and then steps which go down to the ground.  My son built this deck for me many years ago.  On my back deck I have patio furniture along with ornaments for decoration.  There's no roof covering my furniture so the metal does get very hot especially up in the day when I can see steam shimmering against the brick on my house!  You can't walk barefooted on my decks due to the heat but you can fry an egg on them on certain days.  I've tried, so yes you can.

I knew the chairs would get hot so I also bought cushions for them and I also have cushions for my bench.  The only really comfortable time you can sit on my garden furniture is during the spring and fall months.  If we're outside during the hot of the day, the cushions are needed along with a beach towel (or some kind of covering) hanging on the back to protect your body from the hot metal.  During the better days, nothing is needed and you don't have to worry about getting burnt.

The seating area of the chairs has square holes which are about an inch wide as are the strips separating the holes.  The arms are around 2" wide and curl under in the front of the bench.  Describing the back is rather difficult.  It has curved lengths of cast iron shaped in a variety of ways and forged in a very stylish pattern.  They're not uncomfortable to lean against but would probably become uncomfortable if you leaned for a very  long time without a shirt (speaking of men here).

The legs are a little over an inch wide and curve outwards somewhat towards the bottom with a somewhat squat bottom.  The chairs sits squarely on my deck so there's nothing uneven about it.  There's also a curved metal band connecting front and back legs which also gives the chairs a stylish look.  Over the summer months when everything dries out, I get dust on my patio furniture from mowing the dead weeds in my back yard.  A damp cloth cleans them up just fine.  When I'm not using my cushions, they're stored in my basement as I don't like the neighbors animals, or the wild ones, using them for a bed.  They can sleep elsewhere.

Overall, these are wonderful chairs that have served my family well and I highly recommend them.

I was unable to find out where this bench was made but am assuming it wasn't in the USA.

ddustyrose May 17, 2011

A huge thanks goes out to Dawn (dlstewart), an exceptional Lead who never quits until her job is done, never complains, who fills all the SAP's we request with lightning speed, is forgiving of (my) many faux pas, and most of all, has kind words she abundantly shares with everyone.

Garden Treasures Key Largo Stationary Patio Chair

Garden Treasures Trellis
Garden Treasures Waterbridge Aluminum Bench
Garden Treasures 72" Trellis

Garden Treasures Spring House Flag

Garden Treasures Spring House Flag

Welcome everyone to your garden paradise with this spring house flag. Featuring spring blooms and white lattice, this spring house flag will add beaut...

Treasure Garden 70 lb. Square Steel Base Multicolor - BS709

Shop for Bases and Stands from Hayneedle.com! Suitable for several types of uses the Treasure Garden 70 lb. Square Steel Base is a subtle solution to ...
Hayneedle

Garden Treasure II

Brand new, in-stock product. Ships fast and secure. ADD TO CART with confidence!
Garden Treasures Outdoor Decor Snoozing Hang-about Boy Dog In Hammock Asleep

Garden Treasures Outdoor Decor Snoozing Hang-about Boy Dog In Hammock Asleep

pakrat3 Store NIB Garden Treasures Outdoor Decor Snoozing Hang-about Boy Dog in Hammock Asleep Description NIB Garden Treasures Outdoor Decor Snoozing...

Hayneedle

Treasure Memories Primitive Garden Flag

Treasure Memories Primitive Garden Flag

Treasure Memories Garden Flag by Custom Decor. Featuring a basket of green apples, a star and a white birdhouse with the text Treasure Memories printe...

Garden Treasures Grow Wind Chimes

Garden Treasures Grow Wind Chimes

THANKS FOR LOOKING THIS IS THE GARDEN TREASURES GROW THEME WIND CHIME AND IS BRAND NEW IN THE BOX THEY MEASURE 20 IN AND THEY SHIP FOR FREE