-43%

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Grow Bone System 1 Kit Capsules

Free Shipping LuckyVitamin.com
BodyBuilding.com

Rebuild Bone with Vitamin Code Grow Bone System

Dec 10, 2009 (Updated Dec 13, 2009)

Pros:Clinically proven, raw organic sources, money back guarantee

Cons:Expensive

The Bottom Line: A great find for women wanting to increase bone density.  My doctor was very impressed.

When I was diagnosed with osteopenia (bone loss) a couple months ago, I didn't let it discourage me.  In fact, I found it quite challenging to learn more about bone loss in women, as well as finding out what can be done to reverse it, and actually regrow bone.

For any woman under the age of 20 who thinks this does not pertain to her, I was in your shoes once as well.  Now that I am in my early 50's, I learned that women only build bone until around the age of 30, then each year thereafter, we start to lose more than we gain.

This is a huge problem in the United States, and doctors usually give their patients two drugs - HRT (hormone replacement therapy), and drugs such as Boniva or Fosimax that are supposed to rebuild bone.  I am on the hormones, since I went into menopause at such a young age (and that greatly contributed to my bone loss), but the other drugs are ones that I refused to take.

Vitamin Code Grow Bone System

I have been taking a women's daily multiple vitamin by a company called Garden of Life, and was very interested in trying their Vitamin Code Bone Grow System.  The salesman in the health food store where I purchased this kit was very high on it, saying it was one of the few supplements with actual clinical trials backing its claim to be able to regrow bone.

There are two bottles in the kit, which comes in a large green box. One bottle is the raw calcium, and the other is strontium, which is a mineral similar to calcium, but cannot be taken with calcium, because they compete for the same absorption sites in the body.

I am now on my third bottle of Vitamin Code Grow Bone System, and it is a relief not to have to take a boat load of supplements every day to get what my body needs.  The plan is easy to follow: take three raw calcium every morning, two more at noon, and three strontium at bed time.  That's it!

The raw calcium capsules contain:

50 mg vitamin C

680 mg strontium citrate
8 mg growth factor S probiotic & enzyme blend
2 mg raw organic fruit and vegetable blend

Raw Natural Sources of Fruit & Vegetables

Reading the ingredients was an eye opener, boy is this product natural!  The organic fruits and vegetables are from every source imaginable.  Every one is organic, and there are a lot of the dark skinned berries here that contain those highly prized antioxidants, so not only are they good for the bones, but they are good for the body's cells.

Foods like strawberry, cherry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, beets, carrots, spinach, broccoli, tomato, kale, cabbage, parsley, brussel sprouts, green bell pepper, cucumber, celery, garlic, ginger, green onion, cauliflower and asparagus.

The Grow Bone Challenge

It's not often that I find a manufacturer who is so confident in their product that they back it with a money back offer.  Not only does Garden of Life offer a $50 rebate when six boxes have been purchased, but if you take their challenge and fail to have improved DEXA scan scores, they will pay for both of your bone scans as well as DOUBLE what you spent for 6 months of their product!

And this stuff isn't cheap.  The first time I bought a kit, it retailed for $38, but is now $43 (but the store had a buy 2 get 1 free offer).  It can be found cheaper online, but then you have to figure in the shipping fees as well, and the boxes are a little heavy.

My Recommendation

I have been on the Vitamin Code Grow Bone System for a few months now, and love it.  I do add extra vitamin D since we get so little sun during our long winters here in Alaska.  My doctor also wanted me to take a little more magnesium, so I do supplement with those two products.  When I showed her the empty box of Grow Bone System, she was very impressed.

She said:  Garden of Life has a great reputation as a supplement company with high quality.  Also, supplements obtained via raw foods are supposed to be absorbed better and have higher effectiveness. It looks like a great supplement.  She told me she will now recommend this to her patients with low bone density.

The Grow Bone System is said to reduce risks of getting osteoporosis, stimulate bone growth, increase bone strength, and increase bone mineral density.  The research that I did on strontium seems to indicate that trials have found it to be similar to the medications such as Boniva, only without the side effects.  I have not had any problems with any of the Grow Bone System.

The levels of strontium in this product reflect what I am reading is the proper amount to take, and other sources also verify that it needs to be taken apart from the calcium supplements.

Of course I have joined Curves and am getting the weight bearing exercise that my doctor recommended, and I am confident that I am on the right path with the Vitamin Code Grow Bone System.  I will update this review with the results of my follow up DEXA bone scan so everyone can know if my results have improved, stayed the same, or failed to show any improvement.  I am very hopeful.

A friend of mine who is younger than I am had osteoporosis.  After two years of HRT and taking calcium and vitamin D, she has improved to osteopenia, so I know that bone density can be improved upon!

With the guarantee that Garden of Life has, I have nothing to lose.  I would be spending about the same amount of money on separate supplements of this quality anyway.

I had been given a bottle of Bone Up! bone building supplements by a friend, and my doctor liked that product as well, but thinks the Grow Bone is probably better, and that is what I have been taking.  I may still go back to Bone Up if my DEXA's don't improve.

* If for some reason you find you cannot take the strontium, you can purchase just the raw calcium - but it is actually more expensive than the kit containing both products.

Build Better, Stronger Bones By Increasing Bone Density!*
BodyBuilding.com
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Grow Bone System 1 Kit If you are one of the millions of women and men looking to slow normal bone loss that comes with ag...
Vitamin Code Grow Bone System 1 Kit - The Vitamin Code Grow Bone System from Garden of Life is the ultimate dietary supplement for supporting bone hea...
Swanson Health Products
GROW BONE SYSTEM (AlgaeCal) 240 Capsules
the Vitamin Shoppe
Garden of Life - Vitamin Code Grow Bone System If you are one of the millions of women and men looking to slow normal bone loss that comes with aging,...
LuckyVitamin.com

Vitamin Code - Grow Bone System 1 Kit. Clinically Studied Bone Growth Regimen!Two-Part Clinically Studied System:In a six month randomized open label ...
PureFormulas.com
Build better, stronger bones by increasing bone density*Reduces Osteoporsis Risk*Stimulates Bone Growth*Increases Bone Strength*Increases Bone Mineral...
NexStep Nutrition
Go beyond bone strength with the Vitamin Code Grow Bone System - Clinically Studied to grow bone, increase bone mineral density, and reduce the risk o...
NutritionGeeks. com