Gardena Comfort bypass pruner (GARDENA) (8785U) Reviews

Gardena Comfort bypass pruner (GARDENA) (8785U)

garden: Gardena's Comfort Bypass Pruner

Aug 7, 2010

Pros:ergonomic handle is comfortable for my arthritic hand

Cons:pricey

The Bottom Line: Handles are crafted with nice contour to provide an ergonomic fit. I like the feel as I hold the Gardena in my hand.

Gardena's Comfort Bypass Pruner features an angled cutting head and ergonomic shape.

I have little brand loyalty, while I do have a few favorite tools and implements I use in the garden, something new that catches my eye just may end up in the tool bucket.

And so it has been with my Gardena's short handle Comfort Bypass Pruner and; particularly so after finding the item offered at a yard sale during late last summer.  The Gardena was priced at a fraction of the cost for hand tools of any name at the local big box garden supply.

An online search indicates that this particular pruner can be obtained online from various sites as well as a good many US walk in brick and mortar type stores.  Where mine was purchased originally I cannot say, it lay on the table sans packaging.  Why the original owner chose not to keep the pruner I cannot say, it appeared to be new and just out of package when I found it.

While I used the Comfort Bypass Pruner some during fall clean up, it has really gotten a work out this summer.  I find the non stick blades to be nice and sharp, dandy for cutting through the small woody branches and shoots I seem to spend an awful lot of time removing.  Everything in this yard is growing with enthusiasm after a record setting rainfall and now record setting heat.

Because I have arthritis in my hands with some bone and muscle changes taking place ongoing I find many of the hand tools I have long used are becoming a bit harder for me to manipulate.  Those having straight handles are less comfortable, those having curved handles are easier for my use.

While this particular pruner is not one to use on larger or mature woody branches; it is handy for clipping those pesky, seem to be everywhere, new growth shoots.  Bite of the non-stick coated blades is about 3.75 inches, and I find I can chomp through woody growth up to about .5 inch diameter. to nearly  an inch.  The Gardena angled, by pass curved, cutting head makes for easy insertion into heavy foliage areas needing pruning while the comfort coated grip fits into the palm of my hands with ease.

Handles are crafted with nice contour to provide an  ergonomic fit. I like the feel as I hold the Gardena in my hand.   A thumb accessible safety lock located at the apex of top blade is a handy feature, no more trying to turn gizmos at the size or trying to undo something holding both handles in place.  I don't like asking for help until it is absolutely needed, however the arthritis is now forcing me to ask for help more often.  The Gardena blade release is older, or handicapped gardener friendly.

I like these technologically advanced hand pruners. I find the design makes available first-rate power needed to accomplish a good bit of ongoing pruning activity for a fairly long pruning session.  Anything repetitive is a mite difficult for arthritic hands when performed over a period of time; using this handle seems to help ease some discomfort.

Pruning this year has been ongoing; just to keep up with the growth put forth by Rose of Sharon, rose bushes and crepe myrtle as well as snipping the trunk foliage of elm and mulberry trees is an everyday event.  Scrub and a variety of shade trees along the fenceline will be tackled in fall.  As always, keeping the bushy growth at bay seems a never ending task; this year is especially so.

Until finding this Comfort Bypass Pruner offered by Gardena I was not particularly familiar with the brand, after using this Comfort Bypass Pruner I will look for more Gardena.

Happy to recommend Gardena's Comfort Bypass Pruner.

-------------------------------------
MORE GARDEN TOOL

MORE GARDEN
===========================
Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly martin
===========================
For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the SEE IT buttons and vendor links
---------------------------------------------
Internet search regarding this producer signifies: From the Manufacturer:  Gardena's aim is to provide a simple and convenient solution to all watering, soil and lawn care problems.

Gardena manufactures reliable, quality gardening equipment to make light work of your gardening tasks, giving you more time to relax and enjoy your garden.
Gardena's commitment to bring reliable gardening equipment doesn't stop when you buy Gardena products from local garden centers.

Gardena offers a minimum 12 month parts and labor warranty on all Gardena products so in the unlikely event that your Gardena product develops a fault, Gardena will repair or replace the item free of charge.

If your product is older than 12 months Gardena has a national repair service which will give you a free estimate for parts and labor to repair your product.

Gardena Comfort Vario Bypass Pruner

A perfectly manicured garden is the envy of the neighborhood. This exceptionally convenient and ergonomic pruner has an extra-narrow head that gives v...

Gardena 8792 Comfort Vario Bypass Hand Pruner With 3/4-Inch Cut

Gardena 8792 Comfort Vario Bypass Hand Pruner With 3/4-Inch Cut

Exceptionally convenient and ergonomic pruners with extra-narrow cutting head to give vines, flowers, young shoots and green wood an accurate cut.Alum...
Gardena Classic Vine Bypass Pruner

Gardena Classic Vine Bypass Pruner

Keep your garden perfectly manicured with this classic bypass pruner. The extra-narrow cutting head makes snipping shoots and twigs a breeze. From Gar...

Wallace Forged Bypass Pruner

Drop forged steel blade for strength and sharpness.

Gardena 302 Combisystem Bypass Tree Branch Pruner

Gardena 302 Combisystem Bypass Tree Branch Pruner

Gardena 302 Combisystem Bypass Tree Branch Pruner Cutter
Fiskars Incorporated Wallace Forged Bypass Pruner 92746965

Fiskars Incorporated Wallace Forged Bypass Pruner 92746965

Fiskars Incorporated 92746965 Features: -Bypass pruner.-Bypass blade for green olive branches.-Drop forged steel blade for strength and sharpness.-0.6...
Wayfair

Gardena 8793 Comfort Vario Anvil Hand Pruner With 3/4-inch Cut

Gardena 8793 Comfort Vario Anvil Hand Pruner With 3/4-inch Cut

NEW Gardena 8793 Comfort Vario Anvil Hand Pruner With 3/4-Inch Cut $60.38 $81.95 8793-U Features: -Pruners.-Through two holding positions, both power ...

Wallace Forged Bypass Pruner

AVG1056: Features: -Product Type:Pruning Shears. Dimensions: -Overall Product Weight:0.68