Garmin nuvi 1300 Automotive Mountable GPS Receiver Reviews

Garmin nuvi 1300 Automotive Mountable GPS Receiver

Service Technician Review

Sep 9, 2011

Pros:Ease of use, cost and flexability of he unit.

Cons:Battery life is not 4 hours

The Bottom Line: Garmin is the no. 1 in GPS for good reason and they prove it here.

I have my Garmin now for 10 months. I hate reviews from people that just got the product without fully testing all the features and actual performance over time. I went on a 500 mile journey from CT to Ohio. The device was really spot on. Very impressed with the feature that on a major intersection, it will zero in on where you should go with arrow pointing to the turn off or on the actual lane you should be in. Multiple features include how you want the display to look, 3D or conventional, favorite places, and added security with a 4 digit pin when you are not home.

I use this device every single day as a service tech. I have updated it once, which does take a long time on the computer. About a 1/2 hour or so. On a few occations it did take me on a back road just to turn on the same main road again.  However, it is pretty darn acurate with the street numbers current position. It informs you the road your on. You can set it up to either display how many miles left to go or relative time you have left to travel. Given CT high density streets where stop and go is a constant annoyance on the freeways, I leave it on the milage setting.

Other screens the unit will tell you altitude, direction of travel, a resettable memory of how many miles you have traveled and how long you were on the road.

For the price, you can't beat this unit. I abosolutly love it and have no doubt that you will find your way to your destination with this unit.

The ultra-thin nüvi 1300 has a widescreen display, yet it’s slim and light enough to take along on all your travels. This affordable GPS comes with...