Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller (SRADCROLL) Reviews

Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller (SRADCROLL)

+$5.05 shipping Target
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

The Best Dark Circle Concealer Under Eye Cover Up with Garnier Eye Roller

Jun 22, 2012 (Updated Jun 25, 2012)

Pros:Light weight, easy to apply, natural finish.

Cons:Provides minimal coverage, doesn't provide long term brightening.

The Bottom Line: Recommended for mild dark circles because it's easy to use and leaves a natural looking result.

When my under-eye area started looking a bit dark I decided to take action.  I didn’t have much luck with traditional under eye make-up concealer because it felt heavy, didn’t look natural, and was difficult to apply.  When I saw an ad for Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller I thought it could help my under-eye problem.  It seemed like a product that could help eliminate the problem and cover it up.

Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller is a 2-in-1 product – it cares for the delicate under-eye skin and conceals darkness.  It claims to instantly correct dark circles and brighten the skin on the under-eye area. It contains caffeine which is believed to stimulate circulation (blood flow into the tiny under-eye capillaries) and lemon extract for brightening effects.

It may be available in a variety of shades; I purchased the only variety on the store shelf - sheer tint which is identified as being suitable for most skin tones.  For covering dark circles I think it would work best on medium – light skin tones.

The eye roller comes in a vertical plastic tube that is about 4.5 inches tall and looks like a chubby ball-point pen.  The tube contains 0.5 fluid ounces of product which is released through the large ball-point applicator.  The actual product is a water-like liquid with a beige tint.

Using the Garnier Eye Roller

Using the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller is easy – like rolling a pen on the under-eye area.  I start at the inner corner of the eye and work my way outward.  After applying just one swipe of the roller under each eye I gently blend it in with a finger tip.  The applicator dispenses a moderate amount of the concealer (not too much, not too little) but it still needs to be blended in.

What I like most is that the product feels light weight on my skin, blends in nicely, and doesn’t cake-up.  Other under-eye concealer products that I had tried felt heavy and greasy, and made fine lines and wrinkles more obvious.  I don’t have these problems when using the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller.

I use the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller after applying a facial moisturizer.  After blending it in, I apply my usual makeup; foundation, powder, etc.

The Results

After using the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller I usually notice an immediate reduction in the appearance of darkness under my eyes.  It doesn’t totally eliminate the dark circles, but it makes them a little less noticeable.  This is something that I can live with since I prefer a light-weight product that gives natural looking results.  If I needed total coverage I would definitely seek out an alternate product.

As for the lightening and brightening effects that the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller claims to provide, I honestly didn’t notice any.  Getting an adequate amount of sleep and drinking a sufficient amount of water does a better job of brightening up my under-eye area.

The dark circle roller didn’t seem to provide an additional amount of moisture to my under-eyes, but it didn’t dry it out either.  I still use a facial moisturizer under my eyes before I use the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller.

Overall…

The Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller helps reduce the appearance of dark circles.  It doesn’t totally eliminate them, but makes them a little less noticeable.  The product is light-weight, easy to work with, and doesn’t leave a heavy residue.  For occasional dark under-eye circles I’d highly recommend it.  For dark circles caused by genetics or a hard-living-lifestyle this product will not be sufficient.

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Roll away dark under-eye circles for instantly brighter looking eyes with garnier skin renew anti-dark circle eye...

Instantly brighten dark, under eye circles with Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller. Garnier's powerful, natural formula infu...